clickptg

Dayz - Night

Well, everyone who plays know when the night come the server get empty, so i suggest to spawn more NVG or some craftable NVG.

The NVG its like a rare item and this way everyone leave the server at night and who have one plays alone.

2 hours ago, clickptg said:

Well, everyone who plays know when the night come the server get empty, so i suggest to spawn more NVG or some craftable NVG.

The NVG its like a rare item and this way everyone leave the server at night and who have one plays alone.

People leave at night because night time is boring and lacks any gameplay elements and it lasts way too long and arguably it's way too dark on "hardcore" servers.

You use lights, you get shot. You don't know the map by heart, you run in an endless darkness. You run next to zeds, they aggro onto you even tho it's pitch black and they somehow still see you. So what do you DO at night?

Meanwhile that random sweaty player sees everything perfectly fine due to gamma abuse.

NVGs should get 100% get removed from the game or nerfed even harder (less field of view).

Issue isn't that NVGs are too rare, issue is vanilla night time is badly designed.

Edited by DefectiveWater

Personally, I think the darkness is pretty close to ideal, simulation-wise.  However, servers going empty is a problem.   I'm not sure what the answer is, but craftable NVGs are not a thing in real life.   

I was only going to suggest putting green and red lights on the vehicles so that we know which way they are flying at night.

• Haha 3