Misnomera

Thoughts on the Bunker (1.19)

Livonia Bunker  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should the bunker design and loot spawns be reworked?

• Yes, the design needs work.
    • No, the bunker is fine.

Hi all,

I've made this thread for everyone to discuss their thoughts on the bunker. I created a poll as an attempt to display the statistics; if you vote in favor of the bunker being reworked, please elaborate on why and provide examples of some fixes/features you'd like to see. 

-------------------       -------------------       -------------------       -------------------       -------------------       -------------------       -------------------       -------------------       -------------------       -------------------       -------------------       -------------------       -------------------       -------------------       -------------------       -------------------       -------------------

Personally, I think the bunker is a great concept that was poorly executed. The overall design leaves much to be desired, and encourages camping on cramped stairwells/ladders, sound wh*ring, and spamming the widely available gas. The poor combat is exacerbated by the fact that players can logout inside; I've died a few times to players simply logging in right behind me (in the pump room, twice) and to players that logged into the stairwells to guard the ladders on level 03, after I've already cleared the area. The ability to logout inside the bottom levels allows players to farm NVGs, Augs, AK101s, and gas bombs, and renders the keycards pointless. I've killed players carrying two field bags full of top tier loot because they've been farming the rooms off and on for days. I don't think top tier loot should be this easy to farm, if at all. I'm sure the devs considered making it impossible to logout in there, and settled for the current state, but I hope it changes. Another issue with the design is that it essentially forces you down one path that funnels you up a ladder, single file to your death. I'd like the design to be less linear so players have different routes available to them to avoid campers. There could even be another door activated by a key card found in the bunker, which would open a new route to go down. 

Main issues: 

-too small

-too linear

-easy to farm

-campy (but that's inevitable)

6 hours ago, McWendy said:

Just let them do the looting and wait for them outside 😉

they don't come back out; they server hop then come back and usually end up in Bielawa or Lukow. Every element of the bunker that can be exploited, is being exploited 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

I agree the bunker needs some work, maybe lower levels should require a gas mask so people stop camping it as much. It should be a dangerous area, and it should have good loot. Now all you need to do is make people stop exploiting it.

And there's a few exploits they need to prevent. There was a major one I reported but luckily it's already fixed.

16 hours ago, Misnomera said:

they don't come back out; they server hop then come back and usually end up in Bielawa or Lukow. Every element of the bunker that can be exploited, is being exploited 

Ah right official server exploits. I stopped playing official a while ago. 

You should too if hopping is what annoys you. 

• Beans 1

8 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

I agree the bunker needs some work, maybe lower levels should require a gas mask so people stop camping it as much. It should be a dangerous area, and it should have good loot. Now all you need to do is make people stop exploiting it.

And there's a few exploits they need to prevent. There was a major one I reported but luckily it's already fixed.

having a gassed area is a good idea. It would make sense with the purpose of the bunker, since there's tons of gas research in there and it looks like that's where it's synthesized. They could make it look like a gas spill or something. If it is turned into a gassed area, they shouldnt make it as easy to farm filters inside there, like it is in the static gas. I'd also like to see infected there, maybe even a new kind of infected that's more difficult. Imagine a rare infected wearing the NVGs and the special plates, basically geared zombies 

I would say the bunker is big enough. Could always be bigger, they might add more to it in the future.

Right now i think there's only 2 bad things about it:

1. Being able to camp bc no gas mask is required. It would be nice if they officially made this a gas zone where a gas mask only is enough and it would also prevent people from building a base inside and walling the bunker off.
  2. The concept of getting trapped on the 2nd/3rd floor. I like the idea that you need a teammate to get to the other levels but it's so unfair that either you or your teammate has to wait at the valves.

I guess the trap mechanic was made so people will want to leave as soon as they looted but this would be solved by making the area gassed. Maybe they could make exits out of level 2/3 that are one way only so even if you are left alone after getting in you can get out.

• Like 1