Marcos VLO

Mods in Consoles

I came here in this topic, representing a part of the console community (playstation and xbox)

One of the main things we've been asking for is mod support on consoles, I'm an Xbox native, so I'm also here to ask and create a discussion of ideas about mods on consoles. Nowadays mods on consoles are limited to Spawn Loot modifications and map modifications such as trade zones what is missing on the consoles is mods equal to the pc as weapons, equipment and vehicles, I believe that this may be possible due to the fact that Arma Reforger present on the Xbox Console has an exclusive Mods page I believe that in Console Dayz it can be the same, a mods tab within the game or buying from the servers so that we have more diversity of objectives to fulfill, it's pretty cool for you to go to a safezone and go to a Machine and buy weapons or go to a Black Market with an NPC and buy items, you have more options for constructions and furniture that is lacking in dayz consoles with that I come to propose the addition of mods to consoles

• Like 1

BI developers working on console mods would be sincerely hilarious. Especially trader mods which totally undermine the CE. 

Maybe it’s time to graduate to PC. Or find a different game. 

Why are we centering the text here? It doesn’t help. 

Personally not interested in mods, though I don't see why it shouldn't be possible when other games can do it. 

• Like 1

Друзья , почему нельзя создать мод для Dayz на консоли , к которой относится главная сложность ?

Edited by Sergio Naggan
Не то слово

I think having mods on the console would be awesome! i only play on xbox nor do i want to spend the money on buying a pc. i think vehicle mods may be a little out of the question as the cars are laggy already but i would love to see digital code locks, so im not have to constantly spin the dials, love to see the building mods be added. just building the same watch towers and walls is boring allowing the ability to build floors, roof, ramps, and etc would have a huge affect on how and where players build. adding the different material other than wood and metal, like concrete would help to build defenses for the offline raids and allow for some creative base building designs. lastly i would like to see the ability to add weapons in the game. the base guns are fine but id love to see a few lmgs, the scar h, or many other weapons. i think all of this is possible on the new generation of consoles and i hope a wider range of moding is coming down the pipe.

There is only one-game that I know of that supports mods on Xbox and it’s a single player game, Skyrim.

Xbox is extremely anti-mod, especially for multiplayer games, for it opens up a can of worms enabling cheating like on PC.

I don’t anticipate anything beyond what can be done to xml files on community servers for consoles.

honestly i think they should add mods to console. I mean i understand console cant support alot of things but at the very least i think the ability to add zombie mutations would be pretty cool. console needs to be able to change things on their maps or itll die because people just get board of the same old thing. all you ever see on console community servers is "boosted loot", "pvp", "RP", "PVE" or the ladder. 

I am curious as to how the new gen consoles compare for DayZ to the old consoles could there possibly be a release for a new gen version so then they could add the opportunity for MODS?