DIMITRI97

Big Problem DayZ Movement

The new movement that was added in DayZ Update 1.19 is just very bad, the reasons include being that the movement is very clunky and tends to bug me inside buildings / doors and hordes of zombies, aswell as just being overall unnecessary. I understand the need to slow player movement down especially in turns to make it more realistic, but the problem here is the running inertia, which makes the game look and feel very bad, as if there is some input delay. The game felt SO much better before this update, walking/running/movement wise. I am a player with over 2.2k hours and it just makes me not want to open the game ever again. Its just so bad. Can we PLEASE for the love of God remove this unnecessary feature?

Edited by DIMITRI97

I think it's a good feature but needs to be adjusted so that it scales according to the character weight.

Along with that, decreasing strafe angle while sprinting (W + A/D + sprint) which results in a 45 degree angle of running to 30 or less AND possibly reducing maximum turn rate of the mouse while sprinting.

Obviously there are many other things that need to be tweaked with the movement system (bugs), but other things like boots being better at steep/rough terrain than shoes, player getting stuck on 1cm obstacle (worst is when the curb is placed a tiny bit too high, so instead of just stepping on it, our character has to do the whole climbing animation which is too slow).

• Like 3

The strafing should definitely be removed because its only a headache to players, not adding in realism at all. If anything, for realism, decrease the rate of speed when sprinting and turning at the same time, rather than limiting your movement capabilities... its just very CLUNKY. What felt like a great game, feels like a mediocre game now just because of this "small" detail.

8 hours ago, DIMITRI97 said:

The new movement that was added in DayZ Update 1.19 is just very bad, the reasons include being that the movement is very clunky and tends to bug me inside buildings / doors and hordes of zombies, aswell as just being overall unnecessary. I understand the need to slow player movement down especially in turns to make it more realistic, but the problem here is the running inertia, which makes the game look and feel very bad, as if there is some input delay. The game felt SO much better before this update, walking/running/movement wise. I am a player with over 2.2k hours and it just makes me not want to open the game ever again. Its just so bad. Can we PLEASE for the love of God remove this unnecessary feature?

I imagine that the character's new movement managed to give it more reality. Apparently, the majority of the community liked it. But all of us as game consuming people can be dissatisfied with something.

I personally haven't had any issues with the new movement. If I'm honest I'm actually struggling to see a big difference. 

On 12/6/2022 at 12:42 PM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I personally haven't had any issues with the new movement. If I'm honest I'm actually struggling to see a big difference. 

If you can't see a difference than I cannot guarantee that you are a good player or someone who played enough dayz to understand the movement mechanics

17 minutes ago, DIMITRI97 said:

If you can't see a difference than I cannot guarantee that you are a good player or someone who played enough dayz to understand the movement mechanics

Or maybe I just adapted to it really quickly whereas some people are struggling 🤷

• Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 2:20 PM, DIMITRI97 said:

The strafing should definitely be removed because its only a headache to players, not adding in realism at all.

So, good players know that strafing is bad?

Inertia is a great feature.  They should have never removed it long ago.  Player inertia reinforces the importance of time investment into your character by forcing you to be careful with your decisions.  Often in twitch shooters, mistakes can be mitigated by zig-zagging and tactics that take advantage of the unrealistic nature of not having player inertia.  You have to play the long game in DayZ and be careful.  This is a great move towards the original design of the title.

On 12/3/2022 at 5:33 AM, DIMITRI97 said:

I am a player with over 2.2k hours

Adorable.

• Like 3
  • Beans 1