TOTAL WIPE - Yes or No ONLY

Yes, only people who would be opposed are exploiters/hackers who have mountains of duped items they are clinging onto.

"everyone who disagrees must be an exploiter because I say so"

Fucking moron

When it hits Beta/Release, other than that No

You can't tell the difference between legit/duped gear unless you find a tent with 50 NVGs in it

And even then you can't tell for sure if someone duped them or just went on a lucky streak through the barracks

Actually I don't care at all if someone has duped gear

Superior tactics and skills > superior gear

I outshot a ghillied M107 sniper with an AKM over 600m, what does that tell you about the relevance of gear in actual combat?

Over the course of 2 weeks my group has acquired a large chunk of the vehicles on the server we play on, all packed with weapons from deerstands, barracks, corpses, raided camps

I don't see why we should loose our legit stuff just because some moron has duped ARs and NVGs in his camp

And neither do I see why we should loose it because some random moron(i.e. OP) doesn't understand how to get good gear and requests a wipe

A reset at this point would only mean an even larger advantages for dupers

Because, BREAKING NEWS!!, DUPING STILL EXISTS AFTER A RESET

Edited by Hawk24

I think It's time to get to this question once again!

Eng: I see a veteran of WoW/La2 private servers here, so the fact of regular wipes and rollbacks is pretty common to you.

I'm against of any wipes because of the amount of my time I have invested in scavenging northern regions and NWAF barracks. I Died countless times in my crappy gear just to accumulate some decent gear, collect all types of weapons. If you are a n00b or you haven't achieved anything, you shouldn't try to equalize with others by wiping all their stuff.

And that amount of time means nothing because you can be teleported 5 km above the ground or just instakilled by a script kiddie.

And why the fuck would you go to NWAF? The loot on electro hill is so much better. AS50/AWS on every body.

I know because I've killed like 3 snipers on that hill and they all had as50+AWS+rangefinder+nvg.

NO - Totally pointless!

Bugs like duplicate tents, vehicles stored off map, cities outside of the map, tents still losing loot, will still exist. So the problems will return and it will need another wipe.

FIX THESE and I may agree to a wipe!

You know that these things are never going to be fixed right? And yeah problems will return. In the meantime you'll have some good gameplay.

Total wipe - I mean delete ALL ITEMS, VECHILES etc. and start all from the beginning on ALL servers.

Too difficult to create a pool for the topic?

Someone please let me know what the hell VECHILES are...

Definitely need a total wipe. Should have put a poll on it.

Yes wipe it, also this thread already exists.

Fuck your items, you are gonna lose all your shit when DayZ goes stand alone, so just grow some balls

at beta stage or siginficant update: Yes of course.

How about at a moment when loot inflation is so high that everyone is packing as50+aws?

Nope.

I've just setup 2 tents we a nice amount of gear. Took me 2 days to complete and have a car.

So no fucking way

You must be new. All the best loot is on electro hill you just need to know what you're doing to get it.

And car? Come on, either split up and look for cars on their spawn locations and then repair it which shouldn't take you more than few hours or split up and search western and northern edge of the map there's gonna be parking with tents and cars.

And come on. Just because you have found something it doesn't mean everyone else should suffer. Plus you'll probably loose it anyway to a hacker soon.

Edited by SillySil

Wipe all hacked inventory, all legit inventory. Five minutes later, all hacked inventory is replaced. Legit players get free lube.

Wipe all hacked inventory, all legit inventory. Five minutes later, all hacked inventory is replaced. Legit players get free lube.

False. Only those who actually script will have their inventory back. Right now there are many people who don't script yet they have scripted weapons either because they've killed someone who scripted them in, looted a car/tent where a scripter stores his guns or were just plain given to them. Not everyone with a scripted weapon is scripting. People pick up those weapons all the time.

All things being equal, I vote a big YES. At this point, a database enema would do some good.

BTW, I currently have every single piece of gear I want - all aquired 100% legit. There is not a single item I don't have that I want: DMR, M14, coyote, NVGs, rangefinders, GPS, ghillie, etc. Would hate to lose all that work, but I'd happily sacrifice it for a DB wipe.

But, if it it will interfere with the dev's development/evalutations, and keeping the current DB is all part of their plan, then no. Right now, I'm looking forward to the stand alone and support whatever is necessary to help it's development.