Sign in to follow this  
Gregory Scheffer

Popular Streamer Banned

Hello to all,

I'm here on behalf of around 30k subscribers 200-300 viewers between Twitch and YouTube currently.

The streamer in question is no other than the beloved Zesty Polvo.

Zesty Polvo streams all of his content daily and is banned either through battle eye or a community ban list.

Zesty isn't even able to appeal his ban as the form to appeal takes him to a error page as a result of the ban.

DayZ is a unique game that lacks only minor tweaks and bug fixes but most importantly, Notoriety.

This game can evolve to be much bigger if it gets the necessary notoriety made possible by streamers and viral videos that bring the game viewership.

Thanks to players like Zesty Polvo, this is possible.

Please join me to help this player get unbanned. Everyone wants to see him able to play the popular community servers. As he streams all of his gameplay it is easy to tell he does not cheat.

Polvo teamed with a random player who apparently was cheating and then was banned by association.

This ban has been in effect for a long time and was done prior to updates made to the way battle eye banned cheaters and therefore he was banned through association of player and or items.

Please consider helping me to get this streamer unbanned as he brings in many new and returning players to a game lacking in the reputation it deserves.

I do have the players steam 64 ID and will release it to staff on request. 

Thank you for taking the time to read my lengthy post and let's help DayZ grow and flourish. 

-Gregory S

• Haha 2

I'm not going to comment on the validity of this person's ban, however, I would say that coming to the official forums, where nothing can be done about the ban to begin with, and using the reasoning to unban him because he's a streamer, is a mistake.   So, if BI unbans this person then the precedent is now set that the most successful way to appeal a ban is to go to the official site and claim you're a streamer.  Seems bad.

Streamers are not that important.  Really.  DayZ doesn't flourish because of people like Zesty Polvo.  That's laughable at best and insulting at worst.  And no, not everyone wants to see him play.  I'm sure that there are at least two people out there who have never heard of this guy.

Nobody wants to see innocent people get banned, myself included, but this is probably not helping his case at all.  Maybe you should focus your efforts on the lack of quality service from the company (this error page) and not single out a friend you want unbanned.

• Thanks 1

Okay. Claiming to be a streamer and actually having a verified account with 30k subs is two different things. Also, there is no successful way to be unbanned at this time. Infact, I'd go out on a limb here and say there's probably Noone able to provide evidence of being successfully unbanned. This said, my best option is to post and hope that someone like kyiara will reply and offer to look into the ban. Having appealed in all of the possible forums, discords, valve forms, at this point I'm beginning to believe there is no potential way to be unbanned. The official unban form is automated. Just like WOW where Asmongold proved it was automated and also highly inaccurate. Same circumstance applies with valve and battleeye. Also, to say that a streamer is not important is laughable. It's shown in countless other games that streaming brings in new and returning players. Saying someone who has 30k people subscribed to their videos of a single game doesn't help a game flourish is laughable. If only 1% of the people subscribed to him, let alone the amount that just watch him and don't subscribe decide to play the game, that's 300+ people. In servers with less than 50 players.... I'd say that it does infact help the game flourish. #logic

Edited by Gregory Scheffer
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The numbers you give are so tiny.  And adorable.

I do agree that the process of becoming unbanned is convoluted, at best.  But streamers aren't that important.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 11/11/2022 at 4:02 AM, Gregory Scheffer said:

This ban has been in effect for a long time and was done prior to updates made to the way battle eye banned cheaters and therefore he was banned through association of player and or items.

That is not how banning works bruh.

If he was banned because of association, then it was a community server and he can still play on official servers.

If he cannot play on official servers, then he was cheating and was banned by BattlEye.

But hey... at least the Zesty dude doesn't seem to care much about this ban since you are here whining about it instead of him.

Edited by 'AZAZEL'
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

18 hours ago, Gregory Scheffer said:

He does but he streams 12 hours a day. He does play official servers. He says it's a VAC ban

Talk to Steam, no help here.

And the guy has less than 2000 followers dude, the views on his videos are under 1000... please.... And if this is not him, put a link to his twitch channel then.

https://www.twitch.tv/zestypolvo

On 11/12/2022 at 11:39 PM, Gregory Scheffer said:

He does but he streams 12 hours a day. He does play official servers. He says it's a VAC ban

He streams 12 hours a day and cheats at it. Translation:  provides no practical good to society. 

• Haha 1

On 11/14/2022 at 12:14 PM, Parazight said:

He streams 12 hours a day and cheats at it. Translation:  provides no practical good to society. 

Yeahhh, you do not know what you’re saying. You’re just talking to talk. Zesty is a known Day Z streamer & a hacker got him banned which is unfair to anyone, & anyone would be upset about that.. including you who is popping off on here for no reason.

Again, if you don’t belive me then watch the video & lmk what happen at the end. 

Edited by DMoneyy1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

17 hours ago, DMoneyy1 said:

Yeahhh, you do not know what you’re saying. You’re just talking to talk. Zesty is a known Day Z streamer & a hacker got him banned which is unfair to anyone, & anyone would be upset about that.. including you who is popping off on here for no reason.

Again, if you don’t belive me then watch the video & lmk what happen at the end. 

Sorry, but I won't be watching some youtube video.

A hacker got him banned you say.  Now, surely this savvy youtube streamer knows enough about the interwebs to avoid putting himself into a position where somebody else could compromise HIS security.  Right?  If you legitimately are not cheating then how is it someone else is getting you banned?  Doesn't make sense.  

As we've said months ago.   This isn't how you go about appealing the ban process.  Again, streamers are just not important.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Parazight said:

A hacker got him banned you say.  Now, surely this savvy youtube streamer knows enough about the interwebs to avoid putting himself into a position where somebody else could compromise HIS security.  Right?  If you legitimately are not cheating then how is it someone else is getting you banned?  Doesn't make sense.  

As we've said months ago.   This isn't how you go about appealing the ban process.  Again, streamers are just not important.

I watched the video.  It was boring, the quick editing and all that is for the 12 year olds short attention span children.  It does appear he was killed by hackers, but regardless, he got banned because he was cheating, maybe not right at that moment, because bans happens in waves most of the time, but he cheated at some point and got banned.  I'm letting BI and Battleye know he is using a new account and playing again.  Maybe they can catch his IP and ban him again.  I was wondering with all of the quick editing, if he wasn't cutting out when he was cheating.... but  I do wish they would get the chinese cheaters, but hey, play on a reputable community server and you won't have those problems.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Beans 1

On 1/22/2023 at 1:02 AM, Parazight said:

Lol he raided a base and it was a hacker base and they killed him. Then they got him banned. That doesn’t matter, the bottom line is it was an unfair ban, plain and simple. You guys just don’t want him to get unbanned which makes 0 sense at all. If you got banned by a bunch of hackers you guys definitely wouldn’t be saying the same thing about yourselves.

You just sound like a hater btw 👍 Thats all both of you aren doing is just attacking a streamer that was banned for literally no reason but keep it up I guess if you feel like it’s doing something for you… 

Edited by DMoneyy1

8 hours ago, DMoneyy1 said:

Lol he raided a base and it was a hacker base and they killed him. Then they got him banned. That doesn’t matter, the bottom line is it was an unfair ban, plain and simple. You guys just don’t want him to get unbanned which makes 0 sense at all. If you got banned by a bunch of hackers you guys definitely wouldn’t be saying the same thing about yourselves.

You just sound like a hater btw 👍 Thats all both of you aren doing is just attacking a streamer that was banned for literally no reason but keep it up I guess if you feel like it’s doing something for you… 

Hating on some nobody streamer, for no reason, makes about as much sense as bringing ban appeals to this website to begin with. 

11 hours ago, DMoneyy1 said:

Haters?  No, we've been around long enough to know that bans come in waves, and it is more than lilely that he got banned FOR SOMETHING HE DID OFF STREAM OR ON ANOTHER DAY.  Why do you care, he is streaming DayZ again on a new account?  Oh, and BTW, BI and Battleye both now know he has a new account and playing DayZ again.  Just remember, cheaters will cheat again, they always do.  He'll get another game ban soon.

• Like 1