Rhombvs

Force-feeding

Force-feeding (or drinking) is something due for a change.

Yes, it makes for hilarious videos when you force-feed someone a human steak and they then wonder what is the reason for them being sick, we've seen that million times and every time, we laughed at it, I'm sure.

But it makes no sense for someone to just ingest something they can smell and taste is raw meat or gasoline, and even less so, when you imagine someone is stuffing them from behind.

Therefore, you should only be able to force-feed someone

- when you're facing them

- and/or when they're tied up

- and/or when they first activate an emote "Feed me"

We already have all sorts of other onscreen indicators (blood loss, illness, hunger, bleed), but there's nothing to indicate someone is stuffing your face with something and you swallowing it - when the intention is 9 times out of 10 to make you sick for teh epic lulz.

Edited by Rhombus89
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While I agree that force feeding people is too easy I see a problem with consensual force feeding.  

In most cases people won't cooperate and activate the feed me command. And why would they ? 9/10 it's guaranteed to be something malicious. In real life if someone is holding you at gun point and your choices are to either die outright or take your chances surviving poisoning from whatever you're being forced to ingest you'd choose the latter. But in dayz I can just hit the respawn button. If I'm kitted out with some fancy gear and find myself tied up that gear is already as good as gone it's not like they'll let me keep my LAR. So at this point unless I'm really in a mood for rp which let's be honest here most people in dayz aren't I'd rather just end in there and then and start over. 

42 minutes ago, General Zod said:

While I agree that force feeding people is too easy I see a problem with consensual force feeding.  

In most cases people won't cooperate and activate the feed me command. And why would they ? 9/10 it's guaranteed to be something malicious. In real life if someone is holding you at gun point and your choices are to either die outright or take your chances surviving poisoning from whatever you're being forced to ingest you'd choose the latter. But in dayz I can just hit the respawn button. If I'm kitted out with some fancy gear and find myself tied up that gear is already as good as gone it's not like they'll let me keep my LAR. So at this point unless I'm really in a mood for rp which let's be honest here most people in dayz aren't I'd rather just end in there and then and start over. 

Because he's saying if it's a friendly asking for food they will agree. If not, then tying then up bypasses the need for consent.