Sign in to follow this  
8up Local

45 mins to fill a barrel

i like to keep extra supplies at base. even reserve fuel and water in barrels. why does it take 45 mins to fill a barrel with a jerry can. this seems a bit much imo. 30 seconds to fill a jerry can, then 3 mins to pour it into a open barrel. repeat till full, 45mins for one person to fill. 

so its faster to heal a broken leg than filling up a barrel in dayz. hmmm

14 minutes ago, 8up Local said:

which is why i am bringing attention to it

My suggestion then is to make a bug report here:

https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/2/

I think you'll need to create an account, once you do that read the instructions on that link that I posted on how to submit a bug report.
Explain your issue and all you can do is wait for a response.

To be fair, a barrel has 200L capacity, jerry can has 20L, so it will take you 10 full jerry cans. But I agree that 3 minutes to pour out might be a tad bit too long, even if it is realistic (which idk if it is).

Good luck.

Edited by DefectiveWater

i do not see how a dxdiag file/bug report will help, since it is not a bug, but a "feature". will give it a go and see.

4 hours ago, 8up Local said:

i do not see how a dxdiag file/bug report will help, since it is not a bug, but a "feature". will give it a go and see.

You don't really need to post dxdiag file there, those are mostly used if you have crashing/performance/some other specific issues.

Even a feature could be a badly designed one or not intentional, that page isn't strictly for bugs but game issues in general. How long does it take to empty a jerry can normally on the ground? If it takes longer than it takes to pour it out in a barrel, then it indeed is a bug and should be reported.

Edit: It normally takes like 10 seconds to pour out a full jerry can on the ground, and I can confirm that it does indeed take much longer to pour it out in a barrel. That's a bug, feel free to report it.

Edited by DefectiveWater

On 9/6/2022 at 7:35 AM, 8up Local said:

i like to keep extra supplies at base. even reserve fuel and water in barrels. why does it take 45 mins to fill a barrel with a jerry can. this seems a bit much imo. 30 seconds to fill a jerry can, then 3 mins to pour it into a open barrel. repeat till full, 45mins for one person to fill. 

OOOR... leave the barrel out in the rain and it'll fill for you overtime... seems like not really that important of an issue. You want water in your barrel, let the rain fill it for you and it'll stay filled.

people have different play styles, so to each their own, but the point is to be able to keep the barrel inside the base nice and safe already full. also what about the fuel? tell ya what, next time you play spend 45mins filling a barrel with fuel at a gas station on high pop server and see what you think. 

i do not think it should be an instant fill, but that time needs to be cut down imo. 

Edited by 8up Local

On 9/14/2022 at 9:49 PM, discipled said:

OOOR... leave the barrel out in the rain and it'll fill for you overtime... seems like not really that important of an issue. You want water in your barrel, let the rain fill it for you and it'll stay filled.

Does rainwater in a barrel need to be chlorinated?   

In either case, any idea how many chlorine tablets does it take to disinfect a barrel of water? 

Edited by JMB123

1 hour ago, JMB123 said:

Does rainwater in a barrel need to be chlorinated?   

In either case, any idea how many chlorine tablets does it take to disinfect a barrel of water? 

No need, it's clean.

1 tab will do any size container. 1 water bottle or 1 barrel, 1 tab. for now anyway. lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 8up Local said:

1 tab will do any size container. 1 water bottle or 1 barrel, 1 tab. for now anyway. lol

Good to know.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Just Caused said:

No need, it's clean.

If there was water previously in it, yes you do need to purify it. And like someone else said, 1 tab will do.

15 minutes ago, discipled said:

If there was water previously in it, yes you do need to purify it. And like someone else said, 1 tab will do.

I meant from empty container, but yes, you're right.