Maercus

The "Mission Livonia" || DayZ SA - SP 5137

INTRODUCTION
Before starting with the post, I wanted to thank BI and the DayZ Dev Team on behalf of the entire South American community for the new SA servers. In the last few days it has been very noticeable the improvement in performance making the vanilla experience much more enjoyable. Having said that, let's move on to the reason for this post. 👉

MMx6SyY.jpg

Just a few day ago, the South American community discovered the existence of a temporary Livonia Oficial server in our region (DayZ SA - SP 5137). Since the Livonia map was launcher, not only we had no official Livonia server to play in our region but there were very few community servers that offered a vanilla and original experience. This left us (vanilla enthusiast) a bit excluded from having a good the chance to experience a great new map because of the ping limitations and or the lack of a pure Livonia experience.

Thus, we saw a glimmer of hope in the opening of this temporary official server that we did not want to miss. That's why some content creators organized ourselves to create a small event called "Mission Livonia".

onY042d.jpg

In an organic way (using only in-game voice communications and radios) we spread the word and contacted people to gather a large group of survivors at the Yellow King's castle. For a week, we dedicated ourselves to build the best and most beautiful base possible in the location and show our interest in keeping this official (local) Livonia server as a permanent thing. Below are some screenshots of what this experience was like:

irUVTwu.jpg

pwATOAh.png

McTTe2E.png

We had our own garage 👇

kNLXVTl.png

And some of us went to live in the forest  👇

zWJfLXd.png

We also found an abandoned lair  👇

vvz1X5A.png

DKjdwUW.png

A7q2Z4a.png

XZLLulh.png

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

qtTbHfH.png

A PETITION TO BI AND DAYZ DEVS

The specific purpose of the post is to ask for:

A)     The stability of the Livonia (SA - SP 5137) server: The community not only wants it and show interest even when the server stand for a “temporary” thing, but we also need one. Of course, we are doing this as a cordial request, and not as a claim, but we can ensure you there is a big enough SA community waiting to fill a permanent official Livonia server.

B)      Make the Livonia (SA – SP 5137) 1PP only: The DayZ player who enjoys Livonia is a hardcore gamer who prioritizes immersion over any other alternative. It would be functional and wise for the Livonia server to also be 1PP. Clearly the ideal would be to have both alternatives, but in the absence of this, we believe that there would be no problem with just leaving it 1PP or replacing a 3PP Chernarus server with a 1PP Livonia server

OUR REASONS

1) Just as DayZ does, the LATAM community is also growing at an accelerated pace. It is necessary to have an official server in the region since there are few options in community servers and it could be a great opportunity for DLC sales in South America with the new 1.19 update. This region comprises a large mass of users and still has a lot to expand. In fact, we know that more than one player bought the DLC just by seeing the mission we were carrying out.

2) We believe that this can be seen as an investment and not as an expense. From now on, we are counting on a temporary server. On the other hand, there are 3 Chernarus servers in Brazil (one 1pp and two with 3pp). In the worst-case scenario, it might be appropriate to nucleate all the people playing 3pp on a single Chernarus server and use the resources of the other one for the stable Livonia server.

3) This server could create a virtuous circle with the upcoming update. More than one content creator will want to play and discover "Livonia's secrets" on a vanilla server, and not be forced to play on a local fully modded Livonia server that could denature the whole concept of the map. That will generate the same desire in their audience, as well as the interest of server owners to include the map in their server and increase a lot both the active players in that server and the sales of Livonia in the region.

4) Although we have achieved a great participation from the community, it is understandable that the server has not been completely full. This is not due to a lack of interest per se, but we firmly believe it is due to the following

📌 Firstly, as its name suggests, it is a temporary server and that generates the disinterest of many players focused on keeping a medium- and long-term progress.

📌 Secondly, regular Livonia players around the world (hardcore fans) tend to play on 1st person only servers. Maybe it is due to the "hardcore" style that the map proposes in its route (forests and huge plains, no hospital or pump in the middle of the map) and the feeling of immersion that this generates. This is something that occurs even on the Chernarus server. The vanilla player today prioritizes the 1PP over any other alternative.

ilM0TrW.png

FoocY0k.png

📌 Thirdly, as we anticipated, the South American community itself seems to enjoy vanilla servers at 1PP more. If you notice, SA - SP 5131 usually has more traffic than those with 3PP. In community servers, the same thing usually happens: slightly modded servers triumph with the 1pp and those with excess of mods that distort the essence of the game go to the 3pp. We strongly believe that the server would have more traffic if it was 1st person only.

K2uyQgf.png

📌 Finally, the server was never publicly announced. We simply found it in the launcher and that's it, but there was never any good promotion of it with any kind and most of the SA players are still looking for the BR 4-00X servers in the launchers. We entrust ourselves with the task of clarifying this to every player and every SA community in which we participate.

SOME FINAL WORDS

👉 We really believe that there should be a stable official Livonia server in the SA region. Its healthy for the growth of the DayZ community and also imply a much more interest for the original and core gameplay concept. We thing this would not imply a significant expense for the company and the reward will be worth it since it could mean a significant increase in DLC sales and active users on the map.

👉 On the other hand, as we stated, we truly think that the ideal would be to have a 1PP only setting for the multiple reasons exposed before (greater general acceptance in the community that plays the map on a global scale and those of us who play vanilla in the region), either as a secondary alternative or as a replacement for one of 3PP's Chernarus servers (currently two).

👉 Of course you guys know better than anyone about the management of your servers and we do not intend to tell you what you have to do. We simply express our sincere point of view from the community to which we belong and which we know.  Thank you very much for reading us and we wish you the best for this next stage in DayZ.

SEE YOU IN LIVONIA! 🐻

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pd7oBzp.png

AWZPKtc.png 

Edited by Maercus
Change font and images
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 7

For last and not least, i want to thank Asmondian for help me with the translate and for all the amazing work he does for the community. Better person than content creator, so, imagine.

• Like 5
  • Beans 2

I agree with all the reasons that Maercus gave about why BI should keep the only Livonia server they have in south america and make it 1pp.
There's not much to add to what @Maercus  has written in this post, but what i can say is that Maercus and Asmondian had proven their love and care for DayZ, they create content thats key for every new DayZ player that cant speack english and also for those who can (Asmondian infographics are precious!), they host servers, they put their sweat family time and tears into the servers they host (actually... Sumrack´s last update would be something that here in Argentina we already played because of the Lore they had developed for Dia Zero Namalsk server) they do go far and beyond when its about Dayz and it would be a wise call to pay attention to what they have to say.
I play Dayz since Dean Hall realesed the Arma 2 mod, i built my computer around Dayz, i dont care about any other game, its where i spent my weekends, its why i work for, its the place i go to get away and having found this 2 crazy guys that love the game like i do (even more)... just made my year and in thankfull for it!!
Love to u all! Livonia 1PP for Southamerica!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I couldn't agree more. We really need an official Livonia server in the region (SA). It was a pleasant surprise to see it temporary (and more and more people seem to be joining) so I sincerely hope it can be permanent (and turning it into 1PP would be perfect).

Thank you!!!

• Like 4

Another reason why most people playing official servers prefer 1PP to 3PP is that 1PP has a lot less people playing with additional software running alongside the game, the kind of software that allows you to gain an unfair advantage in the game.

• Like 4

Put this server at 1PP.
Another argument is that almost all players on server 5204 are from South America, because this one is 1PP with the lowest possible ping, but the ping is bad.

We, the customer, are asking for something that is zero cost to Bohemia, why not serve your customers?

• Like 3

The historic nomenclature and naming logic for bohemias servers have been convoluted at best, and abysmal is nominal. 

In the past, persistence off servers didn’t mean that it was off, it actually meant the server was temporary.  Hardcore servers not being hardcore, much less even defining what that was. 

Basically, the company doesn’t have enough people working for it to reliably monitor, or even consider, how any region defines its systems based on language. 

So,  take the name of the servers with a grain of salt.  But continue to point out how Bohemia is clueless, with extra effort. 

I hope the SA region gets the proper support it deserves. 

• Like 4

I agree with the community. DayZ vanilla offers an experience like no other, and letting this server be stable is going to give the community, and content creators, a huge boost. ultimately benefiting Bohemia Interactive. since that will increase interest in the unique experience that DayZ offers and open the doors to a greater number of players, within the Latin American community.

Edited by Claudio Eberhardt
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Parazight said:

The historic nomenclature and naming logic for bohemias servers have been convoluted at best, and abysmal is nominal. 

In the past, persistence off servers didn’t mean that it was off, it actually meant the server was temporary.  Hardcore servers not being hardcore, much less even defining what that was. 

Basically, the company doesn’t have enough people working for it to reliably monitor, or even consider, how any region defines its systems based on language. 

So,  take the name of the servers with a grain of salt.  But continue to point out how Bohemia is clueless, with extra effort. 

I hope the SA region gets the proper support it deserves. 

I see. We were not aware of this.

However, that nomenclature (being wrong at best) can be a very negative point when people choose to play on a server. It would be great if they could modify it because it wouldn't imply any development, just change a name.

And if it's 1st person only, it would be amazing for the entire Latin community that loves this map.

Thank you for your comment and for trying to shed light on these issues that are sometimes confusing.

• Like 2

Keep requesting.  Renaming the servers properly is an easy fix.  So is rededicating them to 1pp only. 

I had made a thread similar to this ages ago, and it was made easier to understand, overall.  

good luck. 

• Like 2

I hope the Bohemia team doesn't forget to change this server to 1PP before the 1.19 update, because I believe it will have a wipe because of the map's structural changes, so it will be the best time to change the server to 1pp

• Like 3