Sign in to follow this  
Jlmbob

New guy

Hi all,

New guy player, how do I get better at DAYZ?  I know that you will all say "die a lot" but so far that's all I'm doing 🙂

So far I have only played official servers.  I get loot, I move further inland, I get better loot and someone that I can't ever see kills me.  Doesn't make for much of a fun game 😞

If anyone has any tips, hints, or guidance, I would love to hear them.

Many thanks, Jlmbob

Edited by Jlmbob
  • Sad 1

If you got shoot by someone you don't even see it's probably you are standing still in the wrong place. 
 Water pump is almost always camped by snipers. 
The few tips i can give you is to avoid roads, don't stay anywhere for longer than needed, be VERY aware of water pumps (mainly on near coast towns), don't make more noise than needed and if you absolutely need to shoot, move away asap, some people are friendly, but as a a rule, trust no one.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2022 at 10:46 AM, Jlmbob said:

If anyone has any tips, hints, or guidance, I would love to hear them.

Sure, I'll play.  I suggest reading these forums, watching streamer videos, follow dayz twitter and other media channels provided by the front page.  The internet is supersaturated with Dayz help videos.  I have to assume this is a troll post/alt account.  You already know that a survivor should move inland, but you ask the most basic question possible.

Seems doubtful that you are a new player given that you are able to gear up and then move inland successfully.  You've figured out infected and how to get over the survival hump.  Basically, you've solved the game, mr. new player. 

Edited by Parazight

17 hours ago, Parazight said:

Sure, I'll play.  I suggest reading these forums, watching streamer videos, follow dayz twitter and other media channels provided by the front page.  The internet is supersaturated with Dayz help videos.  I have to assume this is a troll post/alt account.  You already know that a survivor should move inland, but you ask the most basic question possible.

Seems doubtful that you are a new player given that you are able to gear up and then move inland successfully.  You've figured out infected and how to get over the survival hump.  Basically, you've solved the game, mr. new player. 

WOW, but okay I too will play along.  I have played for 122 hours, I have indeed survived the survival hump and how to get some gear but I'm now in a kind of loop.  I am not an alt, I am a main character and I was looking for help on how to get to better from where I am currently.

I have watched a load of videos on YouTube, etc.  I appreciate your comments MR. Bitter Veteran 🙂

Hey Jimbob, I too have just started this game, only played 25 hours, so yes very new, watched a few tutorial videos on utube, but to be honest I just dont get what they are lootwise.

I have died from starvation for the lack of a knife or even a second stone to craft one... for me a waste of money more than likely, I have never even seen another player, justs seems a bit boring to run around kill a few infected and then die to just start over.