Sign in to follow this  
Kyiara

Community Spotlight - June 2022

Summer is in full swing and update 1.18 is out with a few exciting changes and a whole lot of explosives. We hope you find it to your liking.

We could not get enough of the content you created in June, so let’s dive right into some of our favorites.

Read the full article here.

On 7/2/2022 at 12:47 PM, Kyiara said:

The reason we’re asking you to recharge your batteries is because there are some pretty exciting things on the way in the near future. We’d tell you if we could, but it’s a “secret”.

Wow, you mean to say you're finally gonna focus on fixing all the longstanding gamebreaking bugs and those introduced over the past couple of updates instead of adding cheap, shiny trinkets and poorly considered mechanics that only break it more? Yes please!

• Confused 1

Silly things like needing to peel a potato to bake it, overheating with dehydration and health loss while cooking or driving, needing to remove a hook from a rod to put a worm on it, chop a tree down and it falls completely intact roots and all instead of just leaving a stump and the harvested logs, vehicles strain to climb the same hills player characters traverse with ease, running down steps launching/floating players into the air, inability to clear small obstacles like a 2ft fence or high step with low stamina or a broken leg, no option to open doors slowly/quietly, can't throw a bag over a wall if there are items in it, can't place full bags/clothing in a barrel or boot of a car, Backpacks and shoulder weapons remaining visible and clipping through vehicle roof/seats, banging nails in with hatchet blade first, no choice of wall/gate size when building, no option to build a watchtower without a hole for steps, watchtower design that doesn't actually allow you to fire down from it, stepped platforms on walls that don't allow you to actually fire over them, dodgy infected ai and pathfinding (how do they instantly know all the other entrances to the building you just shut them out of? Why do they aggro on you 30m away motionless in a bush because someone else fired a gun 30m behind them?) 

All silly things really, liveable with obviously, but which the game would benefit far more from by being addressed than adding new weapons/loot that are all just variations on the same theme as existing and thus change nothing in terms of immersion or gameplay.

😐

• Beans 1

40 minutes ago, lemmac said:

Silly things like needing to peel a potato to bake it, overheating with dehydration and health loss while cooking or driving, needing to remove a hook from a rod to put a worm on it, chop a tree down and it falls completely intact roots and all instead of just leaving a stump and the harvested logs, vehicles strain to climb the same hills player characters traverse with ease, running down steps launching/floating players into the air, inability to clear small obstacles like a 2ft fence or high step with low stamina or a broken leg, no option to open doors slowly/quietly, can't throw a bag over a wall if there are items in it, can't place full bags/clothing in a barrel or boot of a car, Backpacks and shoulder weapons remaining visible and clipping through vehicle roof/seats, banging nails in with hatchet blade first, no choice of wall/gate size when building, no option to build a watchtower without a hole for steps, watchtower design that doesn't actually allow you to fire down from it, stepped platforms on walls that don't allow you to actually fire over them, dodgy infected ai and pathfinding (how do they instantly know all the other entrances to the building you just shut them out of? Why do they aggro on you 30m away motionless in a bush because someone else fired a gun 30m behind them?) 

All silly things really, liveable with obviously, but which the game would benefit far more from by being addressed than adding new weapons/loot that are all just variations on the same theme as existing and thus change nothing in terms of immersion or gameplay.

I don't think any of these are poorly considered mechanics but instead unfinished mechanics. Let's be real here, basebuilding still isn't fully finished. It's just the first iteration of it.

DayZ still has a lot of old issues, still has parts of the first Enfusion engine that they made playable as quickly as possible... but I can't say you are wrong. All of these are smaller or bigger annoyances that make the game not ideal.

On 7/5/2022 at 1:18 PM, lemmac said:

"..... needing to peel a potato to bake it"

I have to agree with the potato thing.  I'm a skin-on kinda guy.

I was recently watching NEZAR on YT (PC) building in caves SW of Svet.  On another YT video NEZAR built on the small island at Krutoy Cap and called it the hobbit home. When I visited the caves on Xbox they weren't there. There's supposed to be a medium size and a large subterranean cave up that way SW of Svet. I play on Xbox yet it appears the Cherno map on PC is different. I tried googling the cave difference but found nothing. You would think on a map this size it would have usable caves, mineshafts or something of this ilk. I screenshot some of the locations but are unable to put them in here. 

As for the secret it wouldn't be the use of the Unreal engine by chance?

3 hours ago, themonk3106 said:

When I visited the caves on Xbox they weren't there. There's supposed to be a medium size and a large subterranean cave up that way SW of Svet. I play on Xbox yet it appears the Cherno map on PC is different. I tried googling the cave difference but found nothing.

Could always be a modded map. If it's not on Xbox, then it's not on vanilla PC either.

3 hours ago, themonk3106 said:

As for the secret it wouldn't be the use of the Unreal engine by chance?

Changing engines isn't like changing socks, also why would they use unreal engine when Bohemia has it's own freshly made engine?

• Beans 1

I've been using Dayz for less than a month now, but I'm used to switching between my keyboard and joystick to drive a car. I can't really change the keys on my joystick like I used to. how can I do 

How can I change them without duplicating a key each time? 

thank you for your help 

On 8/2/2022 at 10:52 AM, le fermier jurassien said:

I've been using Dayz for less than a month now, but I'm used to switching between my keyboard and joystick to drive a car. I can't really change the keys on my joystick like I used to. how can I do 

How can I change them without duplicating a key each time? 

thank you for your help 

since 1.18 came out,  lots of people can't play the game any more because of this problem.  No one seems to want to answer this question