Sign in to follow this  
DefectiveWater

Press F to open storage

As the title says I think it would be cool if we could look at a storage container/dead body/zombie and press F to open it's inventory.
There are 2 things I want to address with this suggestion. Opening storage and "Vicinity" tab clutter.

Reasons why: sometimes zombies fall in a weird spot and you can't loot them (they don't show up in "vicinity" tab) and sometimes there are too many crates/dead players that it gets confusing/tiring to scroll up and down in the vicinity tab.

What would my suggestion do? We would have the ability to "Open inventory" of a specific thing and it would reduce the clutter while looting if there are many dead players/storage items around us.
Additionally cause the game knows which container we are interacting with it should be possible to double click items (or shift click) in our inventory and quickly put those items in the container. The same way double clicking items in vicinity currently works and puts it into our inventory.

iCJcivN.png

If I want to find the 4th gun rack, I need to scroll all the way to the bottom. I should be able to press F on the specific storage container and see it's contents only (and items on the ground with their contents closed).

So what I additionally propose is this:
Storage in our vicinity (when pressing TAB key) should be "closed" and not show all the contents inside of it unless the player specifically opens one with the "F" key as proposed.
So for instance, hitting TAB should show all items near us, dead bodies (but not their contents), storage items (but not their contents).

I2e4fgw.png

Note: Yes, my screenshot is from a modded server but the same applies to vanilla storage crates.

What do you guys think? Should we be able to open inventory of storage/dead players with F key (or any other key)?
Sorry if there  are any typos, I made so many changes to the text and if something is unclear feel free to ask.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 2

That's a tough one. Basically the "F" to open it's inventory/storage is a great idea, I guess everyone had inaccessible zombies - but what about walking ? Because the the "tab" character inventory  + vicinity window allows to walk and checks the vicinity as you move. So it either the "f" opened storage closes as you start walking or the character walking is locked while in this window. Or better, the game is smart enough to measure the distance and closes when 1,5m away.

I more favor if you hit "F" on the pointed container/body and it would open like the existing "Tab" character inventory  + vicinity window and it displays the pointed container on the very top of the vicinity and open. Not a separate one that differs. And ofc all other containers/bodys and stuff on the ground like normal but closed. So you can still open and close in the same menu like normal.

21 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

Additionally cause the game knows which container we are interacting with it should be possible to double click items (or shift click) in our inventory and quickly put those items in the container. The same way double clicking items in vicinity currently works and puts it into our inventory.

In the character inventory double click puts it in hands, strg + double click in the vicinity (on the ground), those are the existing ones (of i know). So shift click would perfectly fit for that and yes that would be a very nice feature. But how does the game knows in which container (if there are more than one) to put it in? The suggested "f" inventory basically marks the pointed one so in that way this one seems natural.

21 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

So what I additionally propose is this:
Storage in our vicinity (when pressing TAB key) should be "closed" and not show all the contents inside of it unless the player specifically opens one with the "F" key as proposed.
So for instance, hitting TAB should show all items near us, dead bodies (but not their contents), storage items (but not their contents).

I don't like this one this would slow down my looting - but i guess that's my liking. If more players like to open all containers/players separately maybe this should be a option to choose of in the main menu (like a "see all body/containers closed" option ), that doesn't seem to hard to implement.  

• Like 1

Not a bad suggestion. ARK uses the F key to access specific storage and it works great. It makes sense, too.  You can’t see inside 5 barrels simultaneously in real life anyway. 

Personally, I’d rather open/close individual storage boxes instead of having to mouse wheel scroll and search multiple containers. 

• Like 2

On 27.06.2022 at 18:58, DefectiveWater said:

Как следует из названия, я думаю, было бы здорово, если бы мы могли посмотреть на контейнер для хранения / мертвое тело / зомби и нажать F, чтобы открыть его инвентарь.
Есть 2 вещи, которые я хочу решить с помощью этого предложения. Беспорядок при открытии хранилища и вкладки "Окрестности".

Причины почему: иногда зомби падают в странном месте, и вы не можете их добыть (они не отображаются на вкладке "окрестности"), а иногда слишком много ящиков / мертвых игроков, что становится запутанным / утомительным прокручивать вверх и вниз на вкладке "Окрестности".

Что бы сделало мое предложение?У нас была бы возможность "Открывать инвентарь" определенной вещи, и это уменьшило бы беспорядок при разграблении, если вокруг нас много мертвых игроков / предметов хранения.
Кроме того, поскольку игра знает, с каким контейнером мы взаимодействуем, должна быть возможность дважды щелкнуть предметы (или щелкнуть shift) в нашемпроведите инвентаризацию и быстро поместите эти предметы в контейнер. Таким же образом, двойной щелчок по предметам поблизости в настоящее время работает и помещает их в наш инвентарь.

iCJcivN.png

Если я хочу найти 4-ю оружейную стойку, мне нужно прокрутить ее до самого низа. Я должен иметь возможность нажимать F на определенном контейнере для хранения и видеть только его содержимое (и предметы на земле с закрытым содержимым).

Итак, что я дополнительно предлагаю, так это следующее:
хранилище в нашем районе (при нажатии клавиши TAB) должно быть "закрыто" и не показывать все содержимое внутри него, если игрок специально не откроет его с помощью клавиши "F", как предложено.
Так, например, при нажатии на вкладку должны отображаться все предметы рядом с нами, мертвые тела (но не их содержимое), предметы хранения (но не их содержимое).

I2e4fgw.png

Примечание: Да, мой скриншот сделан с модифицированного сервера, но то же самое относится и к ванильным ящикам для хранения.

Что вы, ребята, думаете? Должны ли мы иметь возможность открывать инвентарь хранилища / мертвых игроков с помощью клавиши F (или любой другой клавиши)?
Извините, если есть какие-либо опечатки, я внес так много изменений в текст, и если что-то неясно, не стесняйтесь спрашивать.

I suggest adding a body search animation. Then the inventory will be available.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 3:12 PM, Officer Failure said:

but what about walking ? Because the the "tab" character inventory  + vicinity window allows to walk and checks the vicinity as you move.

Walking could be disabled while looting players/storage (wiggling while looting players looks... off) but walking could be enabled for tab/vicinity looting.

15 hours ago, akula692008 said:

I suggest adding a body search animation.

Animation for these actions would be cool too.

On 6/28/2022 at 3:58 PM, Parazight said:

You can’t see inside 5 barrels simultaneously in real life anyway. 

Our characters must be having some psychic powers 😆