Sign in to follow this  
Buakaw

Major changes to gunplay are necessary. De-console-ify the game for PC, NOW!

On 7/6/2022 at 5:52 PM, DefectiveWater said:

- Gun weight should affect sway and recoil, that includes mags (ammo in the mag might require too much math during full auto sprays, but it really should be counted too) and scopes. More weight = less recoil, more sway.

interesting take, I am down for stuff like that, if we reduce sway by 50% first, it's a bit much right now. I understand strong sway when you are out of breath from sprinting, but not when you have been sitting still for half an hour and still draw barn sized circles around an opponent from your regular breath. Tf?

21 hours ago, Misnomera said:

. It would be better if something like that had to be found instead, along with a grip. There are comps for weapons that don't really even need them like the Mosin and the SG5k, but not on guns that can actually benefit from them.   

Sigh, so true... there is also a mod right now that does attachments quite well, it's called Tactical Flava. It's really good because it replaces all vanilla guns with moddable counterparts, while their base stats remain the same, their looks are enhanced and they get cool new firing sounds and muzzle flash effects. And of course you can enhance the stats with new foregrips and such.

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2022 at 5:52 PM, DefectiveWater said:

AKM actually has lowest recoil by default because it spawns with recoil reducing attachments (that specific wood somehow magically reduces recoil... idk don't ask me).

The best part is how completely backwards this is with reality, too.

AKM kicks the most out of all variants by far, due to 7.62. AK74 is known to handle way easier. I think the impact buttstocks and handguards have on recoil is also blown out of proportion way too much.. 😂

PS: M4 is hard to contr-

Edited by Buakaw
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

On 7/7/2022 at 9:20 PM, Buakaw said:

but not when you have been sitting still for half an hour and still draw barn sized circles around an opponent from your regular breath. Tf?

yeaah... something like "tiredness" or "exhaustion" could be added to simulate being "calm"? idk

running = more exhausted for a minute or two, sprinting = even more sway, idk... something
doesnt need to be the exact way im saying, but i agree with the concept. run = sway, calm = less sway

• Beans 2

2 hours ago, Officer Failure said:

Something about hip/shoulderfire

yep, aimcone needs to be bigger so its less reliable past 30m

(I mean, right now there is no aimcone anyway)

Edited by Buakaw

After doing this about 30 times (it's not getting boring yet) i can say

below 20m almost always hit

20 - 30m 1,5 bullets per hit

30 - 40m 2 bullet per hit

above 40m I still hit quite some but i may need to test this on static dummys but I had some zombies hit on 80m tho. After using the search function (wasn't sure what you meant by aimcone) I saw that you posted about this some time ago, I guess this is still up to date

It sucks that other games from the same studio do it better, it's like eating soup with a fork while there are spoons in the same house upstairs.

Edited by Officer Failure
spelling error
  • Beans 1

18 hours ago, Officer Failure said:

It sucks that other games from the same studio do it better,

indeed. DayZ received several "improvements" for the worse since around 1.0

I love all of the ideas suggested and have more that come from the old Arma 2 mod days myself. But, at the end of the day, none of this matters. Dayz has enjoyed a boom of popularity from streamers and the common gamer who do not share our love for gritty, realistic shooters. We're dealing with a gamer population who just got bored of Warzone and are looking for the next laserbeam aim-trainer-style game. I can already hear Shroud and Doc saying that the devs ruined Dayz because they added inertia and you can't Call of Duty hold your breath...