Sign in to follow this  
Etrius_vanRandr

Suggestion: Do something about the public server cheaters

Goddamn this random death annoying as hell, fix the gd anticheat, been 10 years and Battleye still sucks.

Had my back against a wall in an empty room, ballistic vest, assault helmet, full health, full food, water, no disease, no gunshot sound, no footsteps, just dying randomly. Third time in 30hours of playtime this week that it's happened on NY 6032.

Once a cheater always a cheater

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199123368459/

PdFTxND.png

Edited by Etrius_vanRandr

Update

zchopm6.png

Bottom two haven't even set up their Steam profiles, all brand new because their mains got banned

on NY Livonia 4913

you can easily spot cheaters because they have brand new steam profiles

gytoAWU.png

Edited by Etrius_vanRandr

Why don't you just join a community server with trustworthy admins and a server setup that fits your requirements?

Honestly, this has been an issue ever since I can think back, I personally lost all hope that there will ever be any action taken against them. So I hunt and ban them on my own now.

21 hours ago, eZthetic said:

Why don't you just join a community server with trustworthy admins and a server setup that fits your requirements?

Community servers don't have the resources a company like Bohemia does. Bohemia runs A3 official servers (or at least has the money to outsource them).

Bohemia hosts/outsources DayZ servers (multiplay for example).

I'd love to know of a DayZ community server that runs vanilla settings and will still be running 10 years from now.

At this moment this thread serves as a wall of shame

3 hours ago, Etrius_vanRandr said:

Community servers don't have the resources a company like Bohemia does.

And look where that got you, complaining about cheaters...

Just find a good server that fits your needs (vanilla, slightly modded, heavily modded, uber modded, literally Tarkov...), there's a server for almost anything you want.
Even if there are cheaters on community, usually you can just make a ticket on discord servers and admins will check it out (don't spam it in general chat "cheater cheater cheater"), on official you can complain all you want and nobody will do a thing.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Etrius_vanRandr said:

Community servers don't have the resources a company like Bohemia does. Bohemia runs A3 official servers (or at least has the money to outsource them).

Bohemia hosts/outsources DayZ servers (multiplay for example).

I'd love to know of a DayZ community server that runs vanilla settings and will still be running 10 years from now.

At this moment this thread serves as a wall of shame

If you're content with the resources they have and provide, why are you registering and posting here just to complain? If you're denying community servers, that's your decision. Honestly I have done so for many years aswell until that final ragequit hit me, and I'm happy it happened because it was the best decision ever. And when talking about "resources", most of the hosted community servers have better server performance than officials actually have. It's probably compareable to CS:GO matchmaking servers; they are not providing 128 tick because that would cut the available server numbers in half, an independent community server doesn't have that issue. Cheaters have been a problem in DayZ since the pre alpha and that is almost 10 years ago and there are absolutely no signs that this is a problem that will be taken care of soon.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 6:25 AM, eZthetic said:

Cheaters have been a problem in DayZ since the pre alpha and that is almost 10 years ago and there are absolutely no signs that this is a problem that will be taken care of soon.

That's because Battleye sucks, not because of the game.

Destiny 2 used to have in-house anticheat which was better than BE. Once Bungie switched to BE suddenly everyone became a god.

The problem is that BE is so widely used almost every cheat maker knows how to bypass detection and most of them share their findings across updates.

On 6/12/2022 at 7:54 PM, Etrius_vanRandr said:

That's because Battleye sucks, not because of the game.

I disagree.  BattlEye sucks, no doubt, but the game sucks just as hard on security issues.

Cyber criminal behavior is also not limited to gaming.  It's widespread and government sponsored.  The bad guys are always 2 steps (or more) ahead of the police.  It's a constant catch-up.