Neptune Man

Qol Suggestions

Hello everyone. I would like to post some suggestions here for Bohemia to spice this game up: ( In advance: Sorry for my bad english because its not my native language)

1. Tourniquets: if the survivor doesnt have a knife, he should still be able to at least make an improvised torniquette, with shirts, ropes, to stop the blood loss. This would preferably work better with feet and hands cuts and we actually would need to know where exactly is the cut.

2: Empty drink and food cans: when the survivor consume food, why not leave a can on the ground, like when opening an ammo pack a paper piece falls on ground. Later u can make this empty cans a little water storage device with a chance of diseases if not washed. It would add to realism because people could use that to survive and it would leave some 'hints' of recent players passing by the places.

3: Footsteps: if someone is running under the rain, in mud, the shoes should leave some marks on the floor, i know this could cause some lag but if you make mushrooms spawn where players step on, its in the same way..

4: Molotov cocktails: this fits more in the lore than this new gas poison grenades. A molotov cocktail is simply an alcohol/fuel bottle with a rag light up with matches, flare or lighter. I know this one is coming because is very similar to the new broom torches.

5: Horses: We have chickens, pigs, deers, wolves, bears, but where are the horses? This game have a huge map Chernarus, and some horseback riding would be great to improve the movement. Off course would need to 'domesticate' a wild horse and thats something to implement..

6: Trains: i know there is a new dynamic train event coming, but i mean a Train in a way to help people move around the train lines. Could be a mini cart that carries a single dude manually powering it, or a dynamic train spawn that would need tons of coal to be running very noisy.

7:  Play dead: make us have the option to 'fake' a death or a shot: the player would lay on ground the same way as a dead corpse, but still be breathing, like moving the chest up and down.. This would be the way to tell if someone is dead or not, checking if the chest is static or moving.. If u stop breathing its like the stamina bar when aiming, if u hold breathing until zero stamina, force a noisy deepbreath..

8. Bring back fire extinguishers: cause they're cool.

9. Bycicles: huge qol improvement to stop the "running simulator" complains.

10. More clothes: Where are the socks? Can we have the best insulation with some civilian like clothes and not only hunting and military clothes with best insulation?

11. This whole spawn/despawn system doesnt make sense. Why a dead body can disappear in 60 minutes and a freaking wood chest could stay on the server for weeks, and this flag thing that makes the loot doesnt despawn, whats the point of it? A dead body should not disappear. I know its ok to delete zombies corpses for server performance, but the dead players should stay there, make it like 30  or 40 dead players bodies maximum on the server at the same time and if this is reached u start deleting the older bodies. Realism, u know?

12. Make a 20 minutes tutorial with the basics, so if someone is struggling to learn how to make a fire he can use the tutorial instead of searching outside the game for simple things.

13: No more instant loot appearing: u cant search for loot on a body in this way the game is right now. The right way should be to OPEN a backpack to search for the stuff inside, this could open a new trap where u open a backpack with some explosives triggering inside.

14. Zombies behavior: the zombies cannot be this way, u rum from them and try to disguise them but they always seem to find a way to u. How they know where u ran to when u turn into a corner? We should be able to make them confused about where we are trying to hide, this way is ridiculous because they always seem to stick to you after they are aggroed.

15: Military Zombies: everybody knows that in military we have these blockades where u simply jump on them and the zombies cannot hit you, same as when u step above a car. Why the zombies cant hit your knees and bite your legs and feet? The zombies are half of the game they can receive a better treatment because right now they are dumb and super chasy at the same time.

16: Fix all the walls and rooftops so we stop seeing wolves and zombies glitching through doors, and the pathetic zombies on rooftops bugs.

17: Fruits: yes sometimes we find fruits on the ground, but where is the option to shake a tree to see if more fruits fall down?

18. Birds around corpses, shootable birds.

19. Pen and paper.

20. SEATBELTS: The option to use the seatbelts in cars, could make u survive like a 40/50km/h crash, and if u forget to put the seatbelt and crash above 40 km/h, gg rip.

21: Skates, patinettes and rollerblades: for mobility.

22: The water/radiator/temperature of the cars display is wrong. If its supposed to show the motor heating, it should be cold when the car is sitting there for a while without using. If its supposed to show the water level, its inverted.

23: Motor Oil: Olga,Gunther, Ada, they should have its own oil, you know, like 5w30, 15w30.. Fix the cars and put oil to make them a lil bit harder to mantain.

24: DYNAMIC LOOT: Please make the loot spawn proportional to the server player count. Everybody knows some players enter low pop servers to loot everything and because of this the loot of the server should decrease accordingly to the player count. Full server? More loot. Empty server? Good luck finding stuff because loot should decrease. 

25. Bows and arrows/crossbows: everybody asking for this lol.

26. Trash cans: people could be able to throw  things away in the garbage and maybe even set on fire.

27. No more login glitches: everybody knows when u login with either bad pc specs or bad internet connection the game takes some time to load all the textures and can see the whole area with x-ray through walls. That is basic coding to stop players to be able to see through walls before loading walls.. This is urgent.

28. Where is the instant ramem? Cup noodles and nissin stuff?

29. Improve character creation: More styles of faces and options.

30. Optimize the servers coding to stop the desyncs and bullets not registering like they are supposed to.

Thats all i remember for now guys, if i forgot something i can come back later. . I know this could take some time but u hope Bohemia read this and make some improvements. To me Dayz is like around the 0.98 version because they rushed to 1.0 to launch in consoles, but in reality was not ready for 1.0 yet... But we are close to it now.. Thanks  community bi modders for keeping the game alive with discussions suggestions and patches. GG

• Like 1

Wassup survivors, let me please drop more suggestions here in hope to give bohemia ideas:

31. More House types: We need a dozen more house types, because chernarus is so huge to have the same house design across all cities. Like maybe a new P.D style in some cities too..

32. Water pumps: the design of the water pumps show only 2 sources to get water, so why can more than 2 players drink/fill water simultaneously? Please make it so only 2 players can use at the same time, not the whole circle around..

33. Chickens: can the chickens lay eggs please? Another thing with chickens, why they give only 2 chicken breasts of meat? Where are the chicken wings and legs? I think that if the survivor doesnt have a knife he should still be able to torn apart the legs and wings and feathers to cook / roast the meat..

34: Potatoes: please let us eat a potato without depending on a knive to peel it. I eat potatoes roasted in the oven and i dont peel them.. Just wash in water and cook them with salt..

35: Salty sticks / cereal / Rice / powdered milk : When a survivor eat these types of food they should have a little decrease in the water levels, because these things make u thirsty in real life.. Also eating uncooked rice should make u throw up if eating a whole package..

36. Churches loot: make some items to spawn in the churches, like a holy water, some piece of bread, some paper, maybe a bottle of wine, maybe a crucifix that could be a melee weapon like the new meat tenderizer (hammer properties). 

37. Fix the Doors: The doors opening and closing sometimes bug and people get stuck INSIDE a door! For new players that dont know this bug and how to open a door in dayz (have to press F to open and go a lil bit back so the door dont trap u inside) its very embarassing to be knocked down by infected inside a door because u got stuck there for a game bug.

38. Drag bodies: this is an old suggestion but i agree with implementing it too. We can drag barrels and heavy stuff so why not drag bodies?

39: Report button: this is a suggestion to improve the hackers problem on official servers. Put a button to report suspect deaths by hackers. I think this could help the staff to find and ban the hackers and script kiddies..

40. Tactical Shield: make it a high tier loot, a police/military tactical shield that can tank a couple shots before gets ruined. This would add more diversity to the item pool and some new tactics of playing. But yeah something very rare to find like a vsd/m4.

41. Tear gas grenades: a tear gas grenade makes more sense than this new poison grenade.. Some effects for 10 or 15 minutes with coughing, blinking, etc.

Thats it for today guys, have a good game everybody and sorry again for my english. Hey Bohemia, lez goo!

Some more suggestions:

42. Schools loot: why the school buildings lack loot? That is the place to spawn civilian backpacks, simple shoes, compasses, ropes, papers, snacks, zagorskys and maybe implement a sports referee whistle too..

43. Spawn peeled potatoes and sawed off guns: bring more diversity to the loot table and to the game.

44. Church clocks and bells ringing at some specific daytimes: idk if a church bell is automatic but maybe it is programmed to ring to call people for the ceremony..

That's it! Gg

I didn't want to see a suggestion thread without a response. Here is my feedback:

• 1) I think It would be redundant because there are already items that allow you to bandage yourself directly. Perhaps the best thing would be to allow certain clothes to be torn/turn into rags by hand (without a knife). Like shirts or medical scrubs.
  • 2) There is a mod for that (ZenLeftovers) and, in practice, it ends up being quite confusing for players (and probably has a negative performance component). But the idea of tracking players is definetly good. As an alternative, for example: leaving a bloody rag/bandage on the floor after they use it. This would be much less frequent that with food/soda cans and more linked to a tracking situation (pvp).
  • 3) Performance issues probably.
  • 4) Without proper fire animations for this first, its hard to imagine molotov cocktails. Too many things can go wrong with it.
  • 5) Because of the massive work behind sync, animations and such. Not a QoL. Its extremely hard.
  • 6) Again, massive work behind it, mostly in the synchronization part.
  • 7) Faking death could be exploitable agains AI. Many have suggested in the past
  • 8) It probably will.
  • 9) Same with horses. Not QoL. Tons of work behind this. Physicals, animations, syncornization, etc.
  • 10) Definetly. More civilian clothes (or retextures) with higher stats (insulation) are needed.
  • 11) Performance. Its a game, and balance is needed. If you set a max then you end up having dead bodies despawing in front of your eyes.
  • 12) The learning curve is hard in DayZ, but it is part of the game. After all, it is a survival game.
  • 13) It could work for some particular cases, but if it is 100% consistent (applied to infected and players), it could make the experience very clunky and not very fluid.
  • 14) They do miss you sometimes, even after an initial aggro.
  • 15) AI its hard. That will happen with any infected. You can get above a vehicle and kill them from there. Maybe they could climb these smaller structures, but you also have to measure the impact on the gameplay of the infected being "unavoidable" 10/10.
  • 16) Not a QoL.
  • 17) There was an option back in the days, but imagine if you add that to the hundreds of fruit trees that are in chernarus in trying to walk through them. There must be an explanation of balance and performance.
  • 18) Not a QoL suggestion, but a request.
  • 19) Not a QoL suggestion, but a request. But yes.
  • 20) M...
  • 21) Come on dude.
  • 22) Its not inverted, is how it shown IRL. But it could be inverted for intuitive porpuses.
  • 23) Agree.
  • 24) The CLE its not linked to the player count. Maybe just avoid hiving in public servers. But many players would leave because of that.
  • 25) Not a QoL suggestion, but a request.
  • 26) You can burn stuff. Adding interactive trash cans around the map would be redundant IMO.
  • 27) Basic coding? You should share it to the devs.
  • 28) Lore.
  • 29) Yes.
  • 30) Not a QoL suggestion, but a request.
  • 31) Not a QoL suggestion, but a request.
  • 32) I mean, is to complicate something that its working without an actual real benefit.
  • 33) Yes to the last part.
  • 34) Maybe, with a chance of getting sick (like with the unknonwn food) if you dont peel it.
  • 35) Yes.
  • 36) Not a QoL suggestion, but a request of new items.
  • 37) Not a QoL suggestion, but a request. Its very related to server performance issues tbh.
  • 38) Because its hard, and a dead player have loot on it, and there could be tons of sync issues related to this.
  • 39) Yes. We definetly need more in-game options to report or access the feedback tracker (or even the workshop, like in Arma Reforger).
  • 40) I don't think the game wants to have the feeling of playing R6.
  • 41) Definetly.
  • 42) Yes, more "thematic loot" would be nice. Same with the pharmacies
  • 43) Agree with the sawed off guns part.
  • 44) Bells are hand-operated in almost every church in the world. Also, I don't remember if the models of the DayZ churches include them.

I don’t think the OP knows what ‘QoL” means.  Seriously, stop making suggestions if you think cars measure the volume of water in their cooling systems. 

Yeah whatever. If its qol or not its irrelevant. These are my suggestions based on the state of the game. I know it will take some time but maybe in more 10 years they accomplish that. I know bohemia is very slow, just wanted to give some directions because they seem to be very lost. Thanks asmodian i respect you because u are like me u want the game to improve. And about the last guy and car water levels i own a car and i know its not about the water level but the engine heat temperature. No need to be a toxic reply like that. C ya toxic dude

• Beans 1

4 hours ago, Neptune Man said:

Yeah whatever. If its qol or not its irrelevant. These are my suggestions based on the state of the game. I know it will take some time but maybe in more 10 years they accomplish that. I know bohemia is very slow, just wanted to give some directions because they seem to be very lost. Thanks asmodian i respect you because u are like me u want the game to improve. And about the last guy and car water levels i own a car and i know its not about the water level but the engine heat temperature. No need to be a toxic reply like that. C ya toxic dude

That is why I personally put so much emphasis on suggestions that are QoL. Mainly because those are the ones that are most feasible to be implemented over big and complex suggestions that involves long development time and probably won't even be considered. Not because the development team is slow, lost or they just don´t care. I think that's definitely not the case. Its because DayZ's biggest problem was always being a hybrid between technologies where it had to decide if X feature/content was worth the developing time over other stuff when that would probably have to be reworked again from scratch when migrating to a new portion of the Enfusion new engine. This happened before with 0.62 and it will probably happen again with a more advanced version of Enfusion as well (Arma Reforger).

• Like 1

45. Thermometer: Can we have a weather thermometer, i mean, to show exactly what is the temperature in the outside and inside buildings? That would be cool.