Sign in to follow this  
Big_Murph

Vehicle's disappear after a restart

Love the game but, a little annoyed at the fact that any vehicle you buy or find disappears when the game restarts. Just lost another Truck with everything i've found. Truck was totally full. 

sounds like a bad server setup. vehicles will only despawn when the engine is ruined.

2 hours ago, Big_Murph said:

Love the game but, a little annoyed at the fact that any vehicle you buy or find disappears when the game restarts. Just lost another Truck with everything i've found. Truck was totally full. 

The use of the word "buy" here is key. Means it is a modded server,  so the server has traders but the server admin has forgotten to set up vehicle persistence. In the vanilla game vehicles are handled by events and do not need persistence - so their default lifetime is set to three seconds. If you use a trader (or spawn vehicles in with admin tools) there is no event to control the vehicle and the lifetime is counted. So basically it will disappear as soon as you turn your back.

I recommend you play vanilla servers until you have learned the game, then explore modded servers.