Sign in to follow this  
steam-76561198296274839

After hacking, they were banned

Hello, I went to the army for a year while I was away, my steam account was hacked, I finally restored it and now I can't play, I received a notification that I was banned from Dayz, I contacted steam support and they replied that I was banned at the request of the developers of this Dayz game, help me please.

Steam: 'Developers requested it.'

Developers: 'Sorry, we cant do anything about people who are already banned, contact Steam.'

I wish this was the first time that I've heard of this happening.  Irregardless of who's to blame, it's pretty terrible all around.  Convoluted at the very least.  When the developers requested that you should be banned, why couldn't Steam step in and say  "Yea, our customer was hacked, we don't need to ban him!" ??

Online criminal activity runs rampant everywhere.  BattleEye is worthless.  DayZ is saturated with cheating.  Criminals get away with hacking accounts with no repercussions.  Yet, honest consumers have to jump through several of the same hoops just to play a game.  Accounts get banned from waves of action.  All these consumers are presumed guilty.  Nice platform.  Good luck.

With mail correspondence with the Steam Support confirming that your account was hacked, and that the ban occurred while your account was hacked, you should be able to contact the BattlEye support to prove your innocence. Again, nobody on these forums can help you, all communications has to go through the Steam and BattlEye supports. The Steam reply that you have been banned by developers is due to them differentiating between Steam and developer bans, while our developer-side bans are handled by BattlEye.

Closing the topic.