waffen

1.17 disappointment items

hello guys, DayZ is looking great, no one can deny the effort the developers are putting into this game.

however, there a a few things that are still missing or not properly implemented.

People in DayZ use clothing because is useful, looks good or badass or even if it is funny to troll.

The new Rope Belt can hold only 1 knife, is a total let down, it should hold a pistol at least. using it to save only 3 slots is not worth it.

should carry the same as the civilian or military belt, with just the penalty of not looking good.

another thing that bothers me the lack of containers for a FULL outfit. see mods with lockers we need those in vanilla.

Also the lack a medium fence, medium gate, we desperately need those for base building, especially for interiors in preexisting buildings

regards

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, waffen said:

The new Rope Belt can hold only 1 knife, is a total let down, it should hold a pistol at least. using it to save only 3 slots is not worth it.

And thus it makes all the other belts useless.
I think it should be able to take the belt attachments (or at least 2 attachments, but removing the knife slot by default - needs a sheath), but the durability should be much lower than standard belt, but standard belts should be able to take more (Gas masks for example, pouches for pistol mags, medium melee weapon attachment point - like hatchet)

Overall DayZ could use more utility slots, and overall storage size of clothing items should be reduced (medium size firearms in hunting jackets... like come on... this isn't GTA).

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I agree, mabe the rompe belt could hold a knife without sheath and a pistol with holster, but no canteen.

another thing I forgot, is that developer should revert in damaging frying pans and pots.

It is very difficult finding those tools and even food, to make them disposable or low durability.

regards

It would be great if there would be a progression in belts. Like

Rope belt - only knife
Civilian belt - sheath knife and pistol holster
Military belt - sheath knife, pistol holster and a little bag like the first aid bag or a military variant which could fit an nbc mask.

And being able to craft a regular holster out of the chest holster with a leather sowing kit.

To be honest i find the new rope belt amazing!
 As much is it is not nearly as good as the other two, you should consider two things:  How quick you get and how useful it is.
 You can get one from the start basically and it is very useful. You might thing it is not, right? But hear me out. 
 It is a free 3 slot and you are a fresh spawn, with no vest (You can barely get a stabvest at start) and probably a shit backpack (if any at all). At that point 3 slots is alot. 
 Also don't forget that either civilian or military belt only works if you put a sheath or a holster on it, otherwise just a bottle ( Which you can't really find that often).
 Again, it is simple, it is not that good on later stages, but always consider the full scenario on which it's applied.

Regard basebuilding. Yes it sucks, it's better than ever before, but still sucks. But in that regard i don't have faith on them to deploy anything that would fix without breaking the game. You see, the biggest problem about basebuilding is not to defend your base from invaders anymore, the biggest problem is that those invaders are doing their dirty work when everyone else is sleeping. How do you fix that? Have a schedule that raiding is allowed like on community servers? Or make it so hard to breach through that it would take hours, or countless resources to take it down? Neither would fix, it would create more problems actually.
 But i do think Bohemia is leaning toward the later, since they made some changes to CLE that would make so big stashed gear wouldn't make the rest of the server starve on loot.
 Right now i see basebuilding as a cruel joke, since you would get raided when you are asleep and can't even fight for. 
 What i expect is that in a single patch, or even as a half measure, they would go crazy in that subject and do a huge 180º on it, to see how players would react and adjust from there, beta test is sadly not enough.
 As for outfits i'll just say that have spraypaint back would be cool.