Sign in to follow this  
Blakorr

are tents still getting wiped?

just found a couple and wondering if they're worth setting up anymore.

Tents and vehicles outside the map border are getting wiped tomorrow from what I've read the tents and vehicles within the map border I don't believe they will be touched

just found a couple and wondering if they're worth setting up anymore.

I think the devs are looking at wiping tents outside of the map. So long as they are within the borders of the map, they should be fine. The problem with tents are the pitching parameters which seem to be bugged. I spent 2 hours trying to pitch it, looking for a flat empty spot but the game just won't let me set up the tent. I ended up dumping it in frustration and also it was taking up too much space in my inventory.

The problem with tents are the pitching parameters which seem to be bugged. I spent 2 hours trying to pitch it' date=' looking for a flat empty spot but the game just won't let me set up the tent.

[/quote']

The trick is to open your gear menu, right-click on it, but not actually press Pitch yet.

Instead, start moving, with the gear menu still open. When you're where you want to pitch it, then press the button.

You need three or four meters of movement before it will let you do it, but it works every time.

there is some bug with tents to where everything u put in it gets deleted somehow. (and no its not being looted, ive tested it with useless items like empty cans/flashlights that no one in there right mind would loot)

i dont know why or how the items are being deleted, but ive stoped using tents till its fixed.

there is some bug with tents to where everything u put in it gets deleted somehow. (and no its not being looted' date=' ive tested it with useless items like empty cans/flashlights that no one in there right mind would loot)

i dont know why or how the items are being deleted, but ive stoped using tents till its fixed.

[/quote']

That doesn't happen all of the time, just some of the time. I kept a box of matches at one site, and lost 2x Antibiotics, 5x Blood bags, and 8X Morphine at another. Thems the breaks.

Ive only been playing DayZ for a week can you define outside the borders of the map ...anywhere within the map you find is fine to set up the tent ? Is there a bug that lets you go beyond the outer edge of that map? thanks

How do you even know this? I didnt notice any twitter announcement or anything about this.

It's in the announcements section.

It's not a bug, it's a design feature. There are no defined boundaries; things just eventually become an endless desert. For 95% of players, being off map is not something you have to worry about.

When this happens they should introduce a hurricaine-load roaring wind noise on every server for a minute or too, followed by the sound of a thousand exploiters crying out in rage.

oh i wasn't planning on setting up my tent off-map. i try to keep in the spirit of the game and i don't use any "permitted" tricks (boosting gamma at night, swapping 1911 ammo for free reloads, etc). besides, hiding stuff that far out of the way and then traveling all the way out there and back every time i want something seems like too much of a hassle.

You might want to get the precious gear your might have stored in a tent, just to make sure.

Wouldn't want to lose a whole bunch of ammo and what not.

You might want to get the precious gear your might have stored in a tent' date=' just to make sure.

Wouldn't want to lose a whole bunch of ammo and what not.

[/quote']

eh, i don't have much in the tents yet. just some extra mags and medical supplies