This is a great question.  I asked a similar question a few days ago, but the post was hidden because it had a link in it.  I will repost what I had written earlier as I don't believe that it will be accepted, due to the lack of moderators.

"ScottyB," the DayZ PR and Brand Manager doesn't have an account on the DayZ official forums.  You'd think the public relations guy would at least have posted here once.  I'd be tempted to ask him directly via Direct Message, but I don't know if that's possible.  Further,  I guess he shows up at the DayZ podcast occasionally.  Strange that the PR manager uses a discord channel podcast to relay information to the public, but I guess that's acceptable.  I tried to find a point of contact at the Bohemia Interactive website, with no luck.

I think some answers to relevant questions are overdue.  

First, let's point out this article that discusses his podcast conversation. (link removed.  PM me if you really want to see it) 

In terms of when we'll get the Roadmap, ScottyB first joked that it would be "Not months, weeks," before elaborating further:

"I would say it will be likely in the middle of January, we’re looking at something that would formulate the looks of a roadmap. I’m not going to say it’s going to be exactly in detail but I’ll be enough or in line with what we did in the previous year."

So, the first update of the year is now on experimental and we have no roadmap outline.  "We're looking at something that resembles a roadmap" is a non-answer.  Typically, first quarters of businesses start at the beginning of February.  That date has come and gone and we still have nothing.   We know that this first update is mostly about establishing a bug fixing platform, and that's great and all, but can we get something more than the typical rhetoric?

Where is the roadmap?

Are we going to have server wipes with this update?  Can you post the answer to this with the experimental release update post?

Will the public relations guy interact with the community outside of random podcasts?

Can we get this information posted to the 'Official' forums instead of relying on checking twitter all of the time?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Beans 1

I don't see why should be getting a wipe with a small update like this. 

20 hours ago, Parazight said:

Are we going to have server wipes with this update?  Can you post the answer to this with the experimental release update post?
Can we get this information posted to the 'Official' forums instead of relying on checking twitter all of the time?

No, they already stated so on twitter.

They really should mention that in patch notes, that would be much easier for everyone. Instead of spreading info through multiple platforms.

Edited by DefectiveWater