Sign in to follow this  
Blades56

Can't build shelter

I'm trying to build a shelter. But I just can't get it to work. Iv got all the short and long sticks it even goes through the animation but doesn't complete it. 

Anybody got any ideas what I'm doing wrong or is it the game screwed up again. 

Iv tried building in a clearing which is clear of any branches or other obstacles and iv even changed location.  Any ideas

• Like 1

just mind the gap a bit where u deploy it, else the animation to build will be aborted as your body blocks the shelter..

Edited by etwas
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, etwas said:

just mind the gap a bit where u deploy it, else the animation to build will be aborted as your body blocks the shelter..

Thank you bud. I didn't realise I was standing that close.  Never have that problem before.   Again thank you

• Like 1

Omg, I was literally going to make a post asking about this same thing. I think the new update must've updated how far away you have to be to build the shelter; seems to me we were able to stand closer to it before...but maybe we were, and our characters would glitch through the shelter or something. That'd be a lot harder for me to tell because I only play on 1PP servers. 

Anyhoo, thanks for confirming that there's nothing wrong with the game! This really messed me up when trying to build a shelter on a rooftop once; I was trying to build it by the edge, standing behind it on the very edge of the building because I'm OCD about lining it up right lol. 😅

• Like 1