Valou1

Restarts

Hello , i've a question , what is the hours of restart of the EU-DE 3930 official server please ? 
Or where i can found the hours please ? 
Always whan i start to play , i never found any loot and all the buildings are already opened / looted .. :/ 
so if i know the hour of restart , i can connect just after and finally be the first to loot the town :) 
Thx for your answers !

So , after a week to play on this server , i've finally get a restart during one on my session.
So if anyone other will know : Restarts on EU-DE 3930 is every 6 hours, and at (UTC+1): 22h18 , 4h18 , 10h18 , 16h18. 
If this topic can help anyone ... 
A question , this forum is deserted ot what ? 
No answers , even to say the restards is normaly every 6h ... 

13 hours ago, Valou1 said:

So , after a week to play on this server , i've finally get a restart during one on my session.
So if anyone other will know : Restarts on EU-DE 3930 is every 6 hours, and at (UTC+1): 22h18 , 4h18 , 10h18 , 16h18. 
If this topic can help anyone ... 
A question , this forum is deserted ot what ? 
No answers , even to say the restards is normaly every 6h ... 

if I'm not mistaken items do not respawn on server restart anymore. I think they changed it in a update where the loot economy has a radius and a timer for loot to respawn. I remember playing on the early versions on console and yes everything respawned after server resarts but I don't think that is the case anymore or at least not as much as it used to be. the loot economy has gone through some changes in the past 5 or so updates.

10 minutes ago, rackinglad27 said:

if I'm not mistaken items do not respawn on server restart anymore. I think they changed it in a update where the loot economy has a radius and a timer for loot to respawn. I remember playing on the early versions on console and yes everything respawned after server resarts but I don't think that is the case anymore or at least not as much as it used to be. the loot economy has gone through some changes in the past 5 or so updates.

Correct, server restarts will clear dead bodies and regenerate trees and bushes that have been cut, but it does absolutely nothing with the loot economy. Loot is handled by the lifetime set for each item in the database. Once the lifetime is up (without anyone picking it up) an item will despawn and after some time (=restock) spawn again somewhere on the map.

So - to OP - if the town you are looting is empty your best bet is to quickly move away from high traffic starting areas, and look for stuff in villages a little further from where you spawn. Also don't forget to loot zombies that you kill, they often carry food and other items. Another thing to remember is to look in all buildings when looting, and also check car wrecks.

Edited by Derleth