ZinMas 101

Survival Game? or... ?

The game is supossed to be about survival/pvp stuff right?

Dont take me wrong, you (devs) did really nice work with the shelters, improvised traps... I really like it honestly. But we need more, cause is just all about pvp at the end.

If I play normal servers (not hardcore ones) I always end bored of carrying plenty of loot that I dont even need. Like weapons, resources... etc. Lets not even talk about the modded servers where loot is x4 for example and people are being all juggernauts.

We need more mechanichs, more functions, and we need back the bows, the spear, the medieval stuff... we need to be able to writte notes, etc, etc etc.

Honestly is boring to go always looking for pvp cause there is not much more to do. It can be desesperating aswell cause sometimes you dont see players in a couple of hours so... is completly pointless.

Greetings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Just speculation on my part, but with Livonia changes coming in the next year, I feel like they'll take that chance (or they should take that chance) to change up the survival mechanics/hunting and stuff.
Livonia seems like it could be a more hunting/DIY/crafting type of the map.

Their focus at first might be to fix up the game and server stability a bit more before adding more stuff to it.

I hope devs are ready to steer this ship into the right direction. Might not be easy, and might have few bumps, but I think they will get where they want to get.

Edited by DefectiveWater

5 hours ago, ZinMas 101 said:

If I play normal servers (not hardcore ones) I always end bored of carrying plenty of loot that I dont even need. Like weapons, resources... etc. Lets not even talk about the modded servers where loot is x4 for example and people are being all juggernauts.

Well... how about you stop playing those easy servers then? 😄

Edited by 'AZAZEL'
  • Beans 1

13 hours ago, 'AZAZEL' said:

Well... how about you stop playing those easy servers then? 😄

Are u ok mate? or... are u silly or...? It is not about looking for more or less difficult servers. It's about making the base game a bit more difficult. Maybe too difficult for you to understand.

There is always someone talking pure **** ❤️

Edited by ZinMas 101
Well, actually not only making the base game more difficult, I mean aswell adding survival content, more mechanichs, functions, etc...

6 minutes ago, ZinMas 101 said:

Are u ok mate? or... are u silly or...? It is not about looking for more or less difficult servers. It's about making the base game a bit more difficult. Maybe too difficult for you to understand.

There is always someone talking pure **** ❤️

He's literally given you the solution. There are easy servers (3pp) or hard servers (1pp). What don't you understand about that? People offer advice and you just insult them rather than having a discussion. 

5 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

He's literally given you the solution. There are easy servers (3pp) or hard servers (1pp). What don't you understand about that? People offer advice and you just insult them rather than having a discussion. 

Dude wtf are u talking about? Why you speak if you are so wrong dude? For your information, I only play 1pp but is the same difficult as in 3pp. It only depends if its HC (Hardcore) or not. What are u talking about man?

I wasnt even talking only about the difficulty, I was talking about stuff the game needs. I dont even know why am I spending time with you.

You are the most provocative one in this forum and everybody know it already 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ZinMas 101 said:

I only play 1pp but is the same difficult as in 3pp

True, no difference between 1pp and 3pp except cheesing in 3pp, and the night darkness. Loot is the same, food is the same, everything else is the same.

There are modded community servers which focus more on the hardcore side of things, try those out. I don't think vanilla will ever be true hardcore experience.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DefectiveWater said:

True, no difference between 1pp and 3pp except cheesing in 3pp, and the night darkness. Loot is the same, food is the same, everything else is the same.

There are modded community servers which focus more on the hardcore side of things, try those out. I don't think vanilla will ever be true hardcore experience.

His intentions are not other than to provoke. Thanks. Btw like I said, this topic wasnt only about the loot quantity. Have a good day sir, thanks. 

ZInMas, you're still here? You were talking about leaving before though... Because of "provocative" people if i correctly remember.

"(...)I always end bored of carrying plenty of loot that I dont even need.(...)" means that YOU yourself are getting all that stuff that you don't need. It is you and your decisions... And yes, let's not talk about the modded servers, for you really think that all of them are the same or at least it seems that way... Quite ignorant. Quite indeed.

2 minutes ago, nemorus said:

ZInMas, you're still here? You were talking about leaving before though... Because of "provocative" people if i correctly remember.

"(...)I always end bored of carrying plenty of loot that I dont even need.(...)" means that YOU yourself are getting all that stuff that you don't need. It is you and your decisions... And yes, let's not talk about the modded servers, for you really think that all of them are the same or at least it seems that way... Quite ignorant. Quite indeed.

Could you remember me when I said that, sir? 

Btw, YOU still talking about the loot quantity, and thats only a part of this topic; see? The thing, is the most of the times I DONT take that stuff; even when I kill somebody, I throw the weapons and stuff, cause I dont even need it. Killing somebody and taking his loot should be something interesting, not this boring situation we have right now. I could explain it even better, but im not losing time explaining obvious things.

You are not taking the point. Sorry.

Im gonna explain it even better, for those people who wanna focus on the "loot and pvp" part of this topic:

- How easy is to take .308 ammo in this days? Everybody is with rifles now. That ammo was a "rare" thing in the good old DayZ days.

- Now all the scopes you find are in good condition. So what we have now? Everybody with rifles and scopes. In the old days we had more movement cause kind of guns the players had.

- How easy is to kill somebody now while holding the breath? Wow, pro sniper pulse. Im not against the holding breath thing, just nerf it a little bit.

- Even some old "hardcore survival" mechanichs had turned into "cheap pvp" thing. For example: the old police anti stab stuff (helmet and vest) was meant to protect you just from melee atacks. Now it protects you from some ammo like 45 acp, 9mm, 380. etc

I could still saying examples, but I think its enough. As I said, this is only a part of this topic, but the game and loot is very PVP focused right now.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

20 hours ago, ZinMas 101 said:

Dont take me wrong, you (devs) did really nice work with the shelters, improvised traps... I really like it honestly. But we need more, cause is just all about pvp at the end.

We need more mechanichs, more functions, and we need back the bows, the spear, the medieval stuff... we need to be able to writte notes, etc, etc etc.

Honestly is boring to go always looking for pvp cause there is not much more to do. It can be desesperating aswell cause sometimes you dont see players in a couple of hours so... is completly pointless.

Greetings.

server files are available for everybody. You can modify your own server to play like you want (including loot). Problem solved

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, ZinMas 101 said:

Im gonna explain it even better, for those people who wanna focus on the "loot and pvp" part of this topic:

- How easy is to take .308 ammo in this days? Everybody is with rifles now. That ammo was a "rare" thing in the good old DayZ days.

- Now all the scopes you find are in good condition. So what we have now? Everybody with rifles and scopes. In the old days we had more movement cause kind of guns the players had.

- How easy is to kill somebody now while holding the breath? Wow, pro sniper pulse. Im not against the holding breath thing, just nerf it a little bit.

- Even some old "hardcore survival" mechanichs had turned into "cheap pvp" thing. For example: the old police anti stab stuff (helmet and vest) was meant to protect you just from melee atacks. Now it protects you from some ammo like 45 acp, 9mm, 380. etc

I could still saying examples, but I think its enough. As I said, this is only a part of this topic, but the game and loot is very PVP focused right now.

- .308 was never hard to find compared to other ammunition.
- I agree on scopes, there should be qualities to scopes and downsides to using less than pristine ones
- Holding your breath is a basic mechanic in shooting games. DayZ is a shooter... makes sense to have a mechanic to momentarily stabilize your scope at the cost of some stamina.
- Anti-stab vest just reflects how it works in real life

Again, if you feel like any of this is not to your liking, you CAN CHANGE IT. That's the wonderful thing about Bohemia games. Almost everything is moddable, and everything you listed here is possible to change through modding.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RRoses said:

- .308 was never hard to find compared to other ammunition.
- I agree on scopes, there should be qualities to scopes and downsides to using less than pristine ones
- Holding your breath is a basic mechanic in shooting games. DayZ is a shooter... makes sense to have a mechanic to momentarily stabilize your scope at the cost of some stamina.

Again, if you feel like any of this is not to your liking, you CAN CHANGE IT. That's the wonderful thing about Bohemia games. Almost everything is moddable, and everything you listed here is possible to change through modding.

I just cannot you take seriously when you say that kind of things.

So... you advice me to get my own server, to modify the files... then to play alone too, I guess? Daaaaaamn DUDE!!! You are smart !!!!!!!!

Then you say .308 was never hard to find compared to other ammunition..... HAHHAHAH, ok dude, is enough at this point hahahahha.

Then you say this is a shooter game... like... you trolling me right? You said that just to trigger me because the topic title (Survival game (?)) right?

Yea, im not gonna still losing more time hahah enough for today have fun.

1 hour ago, ZinMas 101 said:

I agree with these points, I don't agree with the hold breath thingy. I think it's fine, stamina(weight, inertia)/sway could use rework (more sway after running), but hold breath should be the way it is.

Unless DayZ wants to have realistic gunplay, then hold breath as right now is not the way to go.

Then you say this is a shooter game... like... you trolling me right? You said that just to trigger me because the topic title (Survival game (?)) right?

DayZ is both a shooter game and a survival game tho, it also has basebuilding and zombies and overall it's a sandbox style game.

Edited by DefectiveWater

1 hour ago, RRoses said:

So anti-stab vests in real life can tank .308 and x54mmR?

I gotta sharpen up my bullets then...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

So anti-stab vests in real life can tank .308 and x54mmR?

I gotta sharpen up my bullets then...

If you throw them at your target, yeah

• Haha 1

On 12/13/2021 at 2:26 PM, ZinMas 101 said:

Greetings.

Your point is that you want more stuff to do besides pvp while waiting for pvp to happen?
What can't you do right now? Any exemples besides stuff related to pvp or things that were requested already?

I get that you like the game and want it to improve, but only complaining won't make it happen.

16 hours ago, Ermanhaut said:

What can't you do right now? Any exemples besides stuff related to pvp or things that were requested already?

I get that you like the game and want it to improve, but only complaining won't make it happen.

Soft skills,
Spray paint,
No DIY attachments/gear (making AND upgrading gear in a DIY way) - excluding bottle suppressor,
No DIY melee tools - there's a stone knife, and that's all?,
Survival that takes more than just looting canned foods (hunting),
Expanded base building,
carrying dead bodies/injured players - we can finally carry chickens!,
No swimming under water + drowning (altho kinda useless),
Birds in the forests that scatter when player shoots/causes loud noise,
No rabbits running around - possibly more animals could get added?,
No advanced stationary crafting system with workbench which supposedly was going to get added at some point, maybe they decided against the idea, maybe they just never got to making it,
No broken arms/ribs,
Missing non-lethal options - there are rubber slugs which are kinda bad from what I know,
Certain items are kinda useless: baseball caps, boonie hats, campfire tripod, field transceiver, feel free to continue this list...
No opening a door while aiming,
Crouching is currently the only way to be quieter, why can't we slow walk?
No slow open door for stealth,
No shooting out of cars,
A simple trading option where player can grab an item out of your hand if you press a button,
No destroyable environment - quite probably an engine limitation, and probably would be a pain in the rear for an open world game,
No boats,
No advanced cooking

There's probably a few more ideas that have been mentioned more than 50 times throughout DayZ dev history, but yeah... They have priorities and current priority is to fix up the basics of the game: stability and just general gameplay loop.
Throwing ideas around won't also get us anywhere, the only thing we can do is wait and hope for DayZ 2 in like 4-6 years that will fix and add lot's of new features.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 1