Sign in to follow this  
Dan92Nor

constantly dying from starvation problem

I really looked forward to jump back in to dayz again with 1.14 and 1.15 updates. I got the game when it first released many years ago and its nice to se how they improve the game. I like what i see. BUT I only have one big problem with this game right now and that is the food and drinking system. I constantly die from starvation and dehydration. Even though in my last try i ate alot off food. All from a can of spaghetti, a can of sardines, 2 chickens, and  drank 2 pepsis. Still i couldnt get the food bars to even yellow or white colours. even if i ate all this i died from starvation after 10 minutes. 

I understand they want to play with different settings to see how it will affect the game. But i think right now the ONLY thing you do is run around eat and drinking. Food and water should be a important part of the game, but not a eating simulator. I doubt im the only one struggling with this.

I have 500+ hours in the game and never had any problem with this when i played in the past.

At the moment there's actually a big problem with how slowly you die to starvation. DayZ devs have stated they're looking into a fix for it. More than likely the killer is dehydration. Or when you are hungry or starving the chance of getting sick is higher which will perpetuate the problem. You're gonna have to start fishing to survive, it's the difference on DayZ right now between life and death. You might get lucky finding hooks in those lil canoes or in cargo containers. But easiest way is to use bones. Knife + bone = bone hook. I try to cut up fresh spawn corpses to get their bones. Then get a long stick, cut up some clothing for rope (or just find rope) use a knife to dig for worms and boom, unlimited food. 

Then when you get into it a bit, the best bet is hunting. Right now (and seemingly for the near future) you're gonna have to get lucky to survive finding canned food and drinks it seems. 

Edited by justice5150

I really don't have any issues with food/thirst.
Stop being cold (get clothes, dry them up, warm up next to fire), stop sprinting around. Eat more. In the game you spawn pretty much starving anyway.

They need to make food even more scarce if you ask me. Still too easy.

• Beans 1

no problem dealing with hunger or thirst but am sick and tired of constantly being sick (blurred vision, shakes, throwing up, take tetra, completely heal, eat, drink to fill stats and then the sickness starts again 5 minutes later) since 1.15

On 12/13/2021 at 12:59 AM, Dan92Nor said:

I really looked forward to jump back in to dayz again with 1.14 and 1.15 updates. I got the game when it first released many years ago and its nice to se how they improve the game. I like what i see. BUT I only have one big problem with this game right now and that is the food and drinking system. I constantly die from starvation and dehydration. Even though in my last try i ate alot off food. All from a can of spaghetti, a can of sardines, 2 chickens, and  drank 2 pepsis. Still i couldnt get the food bars to even yellow or white colours. even if i ate all this i died from starvation after 10 minutes. 

I understand they want to play with different settings to see how it will affect the game. But i think right now the ONLY thing you do is run around eat and drinking. Food and water should be a important part of the game, but not a eating simulator. I doubt im the only one struggling with this.

I have 500+ hours in the game and never had any problem with this when i played in the past.

First of the thing is: 

- Try to take warmer clothes (at least medium isolation) then you will stop to spending too much energy (food/hungry).

- Then you have plenty of chickens and other animals around the map; also you can collect fruit (the dehidrated ones are great)

- Infecteds have plenty of food on em aswell, kill some of them. 

Honestly I dont see any problem with this and in my opinnion should be even more hardcore, is super easy right now mate.

• Beans 1

Once you actually manage to get your hydration and energy full it's nearly impossible to starve again. The way I do is loot as many trees as possible where you spawn (coast buildings are usually stripped clean) and head in land when you find few fruits to keep you going.