AlexMsK

bad graphics on AMD in dayz

Dear developers I inform you that the graphics in the game on amd cards are very bad

The graphics grasses, trees, bushes are just awful. This problem is not the first year do you know this problem? Are you trying to fix it?  I think what anti-aliasing works very badly in DayZ on amd 

I do not know where such bad graphics come from or because of the AMD driver or because of the game itself but I don’t believe the AMD developers anymore, because I once asked them why Dayz was lagging, I was sure that because of the driver - but they said that everything is fine with the driver and it’s not lagging because of it, but after a while AMD releases a new driver and the problem with lags is gone ... it turns out AMD deceived me and lagged because of the driver, so I'm writing this here, not knowing exactly whose problem this game or driver is I am also filing a bug report to AMD with this problem in the hope that a new AMD driver will be released and the graphics will be perfect, or if this problem exactly in the game itself itself game developers will release fix and fix this problem

Anyone who has such bad graphics, and I'm sure many people have this problem and few people pay attention to it but now you know that there is such a problem that needs to be fixed that's why write reviews in the AMD bug report and also write reviews here they will see it and hopefully fix it soon how the lags in the cities were fixed 

My PC

RX 5700 XT SAPPHIRE NITRO

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 2х8 3000mhz

xpg gammix s11 pro 512gb

be quiet system power 9 700w

ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

P.S. there is no such problem on nvidia

151f67086a84.png

a25cfc1c7171.png

473b8b2d663c.png

Edited by AlexMsK
  • Beans 1

What exactly is the problem? Visible LOD changes, dots in tree foilage?

I too have AMD, RX470 to be precise.

Edited by Just Caused

8 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

What exactly is the problem? Visible LOD changes, dots in tree foilage?

I too have AMD, RX470 to be precise.

This is the issue. Pixelated rendering of foliage. Notice the specific pattern in the trees, bushes and grass.

RX580 here no such issue, seems to affect only more modern AMD GPUs.

Nl9jU5h.png

Edited by DefectiveWater

7 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

This is the issue. Pixelated rendering of foliage. Notice the specific pattern in the trees, bushes and grass.

RX580 here no such issue, seems to affect only more modern AMD GPUs.

Nl9jU5h.png

Exactly! Very unpleasant graphics with pixels like this = (

I do experience it too, although I'm not sure  if it's as visible as before. I remember once new engine hit release it was horrible.

46 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

I do experience it too, although I'm not sure  if it's as visible as before. I remember once new engine hit release it was horrible.

it is noticeable, and looks just as horribly

Edited by AlexMsK

I've noticed this too. Looks like setting postprosessing antialiasing to medium and hardware antialiasing to medium (or high) gives the best picture quality. Not saying it is good but the pattern is the least noticeable.

I've noticed this sort of problem but not the exact same thing and on my RTX 2060. I have most my settings up at extreme/high besides Hardware Antialiasing (low, have tried medium) foliage smoothing: on (off/on either way doesn't seem to help), AO at low. I run a 1440p monitor at 60 fps and I play in full screen. Have tried a range of setting combos but none seem to help. Can't quite run everything on max haha. Seems this issue doesn't happen to everyone, even some streamers' games look better than mine even when downscaled from 1440 to 1080p. Thought I was crazy. 

13 hours ago, justice5150 said:

I've noticed this sort of problem but not the exact same thing and on my RTX 2060. I have most my settings up at extreme/high besides Hardware Antialiasing (low, have tried medium) foliage smoothing: on (off/on either way doesn't seem to help), AO at low. I run a 1440p monitor at 60 fps and I play in full screen. Have tried a range of setting combos but none seem to help. Can't quite run everything on max haha. Seems this issue doesn't happen to everyone, even some streamers' games look better than mine even when downscaled from 1440 to 1080p. Thought I was crazy. 

Are you seeing that kind of pattern? Because there is a lot of geometry pop-in in DayZ and that is a feature 😄 especially with trees you can see a lot of rough shapes in the distance and when you zoom in, the geometry corrects itself. I'm on 2070 and 1060 before that, but I've not see these dots type of artifacts once through the years. 

2 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

Are you seeing that kind of pattern? Because there is a lot of geometry pop-in in DayZ and that is a feature 😄 especially with trees you can see a lot of rough shapes in the distance and when you zoom in, the geometry corrects itself. I'm on 2070 and 1060 before that, but I've not see these dots type of artifacts once through the years. 

This problem is always visible on AMD and it's not very pleasant to see and just as inconvenient to play with such graphics, and yes, at the moment we are talking about AMD and not about Nvidia

P.S. I played on nvidia 1650 super and I did not notice such a problem, the graphics were perfect even at low smoothness

I'm running a 6700xt and the game runs great with the new drivers and I'm not seeing any pixelation either with 1080p max settings except hardware anti aliasing set to medium.

9 hours ago, Piemanz said:

I'm running a 6700xt and the game runs great with the new drivers and I'm not seeing any pixelation either with 1080p max settings except hardware anti aliasing set to medium.

lucky you don't have this problem