Sign in to follow this  
justice5150

How exactly rare are NVGs now?

I know they spawn at heli crash sites, but I'm wondering if anyone knows the numeric value of how many can be in the loot pool on vanilla? 

I don't really know how to look at XML files and what-not, perhaps I should learn. It seems to be the easiest way to find this kind of info. 

Edited by justice5150
XMP to XML. Was looking at RAM deals all day.

To be honest, I very rarely find them, but then on the other hand I rarely encounter heli-crashes as I don't actively search for them. On vanilla I think it's perfectly balanced. They are rare enough to provide the lucky few unfair advantage.  But it's different story if NVG's can be duped or if they aren't  CLE-counted in stash or on player.

• Sad 1

@justice5150

<type name="NVGoggles">
        <nominal>5</nominal>
        <lifetime>28800</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <min>3</min>
        <quantmin>-1</quantmin>
        <quantmax>-1</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
        <flags count_in_cargo="0" count_in_hoarder="0" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="1" crafted="0" deloot="1"/>
        <category name="weapons"/>
        <usage name="Military"/>
    </type>

So, what that says is there will be a minimum of 3 of them in the map, but nominally, 5 of them.

• Thanks 1

Are the toxic areas like rify and Pavlovo m.b. considered Tier 4 or Dynamic Event? I’m reading it right now as NVG being strictly a heli spawn.

The “count_in_player” flagged as “1” is a poor way to make an item rare. Once five or more people have NVGs, they are no longer available. Not very equitable.

A better way to increase rarity and still maintain fairness would be to make it a Tier 4 item, min=1, max=1-2, restock=7200-14400 (2-4 hrs).

• Thanks 1

@EzyStriderPS4

The way it's written in the types.xml, it's not restricted to heli spawns.  You'd need a Tier assignment for that.  As written, they could spawn in any military location.

• Sad 1

In the previous updates i would find at least one NVG on NWAF if i looted it completely, sometimes in unlucky cases not.

I started playing only 1.15 since it dropped on exp and also on stable, I have not found a single NVG since! I like. They should be very rare.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

deloot is dynamic event loot, which is heli, no?

Right, which is what I meant when I said they are not restricted to helis.  They could spawn anywhere considered military, including helis.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Good to know, I knew I could count on these forums for a solid answer. Thanks especially drgullen. 

I enjoy the new rarity of NVGs. Previously (on 1PP Vanilla on PC) I felt the need to find NVGs as great or greater than a proper gun. This was defensive in nature, considering many had NVGs. Now that they're more rare I feel safer traveling at night. It also makes learning the map in complete darkness not completely worthless. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

If it is "deloot" is ONLY on helicopter crashes. Is one of the biggest bad things they have done, putting it together with "count_in_player =1". At this point it would have been better to remove them completely. The most important and / or advantageous things SHOULD be either for everyone or for no one... Maybe hard to get, but "democratic" for everyone. As it was before it was fine, even with its flaws (the whole loot system is very flawed), but it was democratic. Now it is too unbalanced for some lucky ones or for the cheater or groups/clans of dupers Great bad move for this game.
For something that is not only for killing, but for all night activities, hunting, fishing, looting, construction, etc.

Edited by Riddick_2K

Tbh they should just remove some of these flags completely. The count in cargo flag might still be useful but even the existence of the count in player and count in hoarder flags is a sin.