Sign in to follow this  
chrispowdrill@yahoo.co.uk

Would this server be good enough?

Would this server run 2x 60 slot dayz servers? Looking to buy it and colocate it at work. Thanks

Computer: 2 x Quad Core Intel Xeon Processor X5687 3.60 GHz / 3.86 GHz Turbo ) 8 cores / 16 Threads
Memory: 32GB of PC3 Memory
Storage: 2 X 128GB SSD
Backplane:1x 8 Bay 2.5” SFF SATA /SAS /SSD
RAID: H700 Raid Controller
Optical: Not Included
Power Supply: 2 x Power Supply
Networking: 4 x Integrated 10/100/1000 (1GbE) Network Ports
Graphic: Standard VGA
Management: IDRAC Enterprise

Depending on what map you're planning to use, it'd probably run one server pretty well.  Two at capacity though and you'll see a lot of desync, unstable cars, etc.

If I may be so bold to ask, why do you need two servers?  I'm assuming you're about to put up a new community server, right?  Why not just 1x60 in that case?

I host 2 different maps, i currently have a vps with 1 server on then the other server is rented by slots. Im just trying to reduce the cost. I didnt think about possible ddos attacks so work probably isnt the best place to put my server it would be better in a datacentre colocated, its cheaper but worried about costs if anything goes wrong and need them to manually reboot etc. I might be better off just getting a better vps from the provider i have now and put both servers on that

I've had a couple of DayZ servers on VPS, they just aren't powerful enough IMO.  If you start to get anywhere near slot capacity, the DayZ server takes a massive shit and performance tanks, cars start flying around, players are skirting all over the place.

I get you on cost, this was the reason I dropped mine as not enough players were playing on it, but for a quality experience, it needs to be a dedicated server.

I'm actually looking now for a dedicated server hoster in NA as I'm thinking about putting up a Banov server.

Thats where im at now, my banov server fill up but becomes laggy even though its only using 50% cpu and ram. I think im going to bite the bullet and build a server, ive seen some i7 7700k cpus with motherboards going quite cheap on an auction site so ill get one of them and colocate it in a data centre, will be the cheapest in the long run i think