General Zod

Location change when switching servers

Hi 

I've noticed that currently the game moves your character every time you change a server, and while I get that this is a server hopping prevention tool at the moment it's excessive, if I log out of a certain server on Thursday and then log into a different one on Saturday I should spawn in the same spot since this is clearly not server hopping. Not only this gets rid of any progress I made by moving inland where allegedly all the good loot is but it also prevents me from playing with my friends, you can't expect people to play on the same server every time, it might be full, unavailable or simply looted clean and I'm not going to lose all the progress I made because after searching entire zelonogorks we found enough guns and ammo to invade a small country but only 3 bags of powdered milk and one can of tuna only to be dumped back on the cost when we changed the server to avoid starvation and losing 20 hours of progress. Which also made me laugh after seeing that people are still complaining about KoS on here. If I have more guns and bullets in my inventory than cans of food you best believe that the next survivor that I ran into is getting a bullet, because I'm desperate for food and I can't trust him not to kill me when I eat the food he might have given me if I asked nicely, for two reasons, he doesn't have much to lose from attempting to kill me, two I can't play with my friends who would otherwise have my back, so I'm not going to take any chances and will chose to search your corpse for food. 

Location change should only apply if I send less than X amount of time on a server clearly showing attempts to server hop. If the 3 of us log into the game after couple days offline and have to spend 40 minutes trying to find one another because we were scattered around the map because the server we last played is for what ever reason not suitable or available to play on we will simply go and play something else. 

Edited by General Zod
  • Haha 1

There is an important and good reason for the location change: without it you can simply teleport into a base by logging out at the location on another server where the base is on the other server.

23 hours ago, General Zod said:

I've noticed that currently the game moves your character every time you change a server

Just don't change servers, right? 

On 11/4/2021 at 9:15 PM, wildzero said:

There is an important and good reason for the location change: without it you can simply teleport into a base by logging out at the location on another server where the base is on the other server.

Yes I figured that much thank you, which is why I said if I leave a server and enter a different one straight away the game should change my location to prevent server hopping. but it should not change my location when I log onto a different server after being offline for two days since this is clearly not a server hopping. Especially that 99% of location change is you landing on the coast which makes the whole effort of going inland pointless, and if you are keeping this rule at least make me spawn inland. 

11 hours ago, General Zod said:

but it should not change my location when I log onto a different server after being offline for two days since

Ok, so the attacker then just wait two days to teleport into a base?  

You should realize that without a general change of location, there is no solution to the "teleport into a base" problem.

• Beans 2

13 hours ago, General Zod said:

Yes I figured that much thank you, which is why I said if I leave a server and enter a different one straight away the game should change my location to prevent server hopping. but it should not change my location when I log onto a different server after being offline for two days since this is clearly not a server hopping. Especially that 99% of location change is you landing on the coast which makes the whole effort of going inland pointless, and if you are keeping this rule at least make me spawn inland. 

But why are you changing servers? There is no need, unless, you're server hopping or avoiding night time. 

What attacker? Also the solution would be to move someone within reasonable distance not to dump them back at the coast so it takes 40 minutes of walking to get back inland. 

1 hour ago, General Zod said:

What attacker? Also the solution would be to move someone within reasonable distance not to dump them back at the coast so it takes 40 minutes of walking to get back inland. 

The basic question still remains unanswered, why change servers? 

4 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

For many players: Maybe change server full of cheaters hoping to find one or there are less ... Unfortunately all are full ... And do not speak of community servers, it's full too ...

8 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Because the server might be full, or looted clean or you might want to join your friends. Ironically I don't need to server hop to get military grade gear, there are so many guns in the game that by searching zelonogorsk base once after a server restart I found more guns that I could carry, and I wish I was exaggerating. 

All we need is a location change when someone logs off one server and join another straight away, or when they send only a small amount of time on a server to stop all the things you guys worry about while not preventing people from playing together. You have far smaller chance of getting killed on sight when you have couple friends with you, not to mention that it gets boring walking around on your own for hours at the time. Join the game press play, "the server you're trying to join is full" enjoy being back on a coast. Oh well i guess I'll go an play something else then. 

I'm not saying we should get rid of the location change altogether, but the way it works now is excessive, I had to change a server today because someone shot me in a room with no windows with closed door. If me and two of my friends want to play together and there's only two slots on the server we played on last by the time we walk towards each other because we can't sprint we kind of had enough because we just spent over and hour in the game are barely off the coast were nothing interesting happens, what are we supposed to do there ? Run around shooting fresh spawns while they desperately look for food ? 

I've been around since 0.53 where you could just base hopp until everyone had a full pimped out m4 and then infinitely sprint to the nearest pvp spot, rinse and repeat. And while I like that the game isn't just pvp anymore i don't want to play it on my own all the time.

Edited by General Zod

2 hours ago, General Zod said:

Because the server might be full, or looted clean or you might want to join your friends. Ironically I don't need to server hop to get military grade gear, there are so many guns in the game that by searching zelonogorsk base once after a server restart I found more guns that I could carry, and I wish I was exaggerating. 

All we need is a location change when someone logs off one server and join another straight away, or when they send only a small amount of time on a server to stop all the things you guys worry about while not preventing people from playing together. You have far smaller chance of getting killed on sight when you have couple friends with you, not to mention that it gets boring walking around on your own for hours at the time. Join the game press play, "the server you're trying to join is full" enjoy being back on a coast. Oh well i guess I'll go an play something else then. 

I'm not saying we should get rid of the location change altogether, but the way it works now is excessive, I had to change a server today because someone shot me in a room with no windows with closed door. If me and two of my friends want to play together and there's only two slots on the server we played on last by the time we walk towards each other because we can't sprint we kind of had enough because we just spent over and hour in the game are barely off the coast were nothing interesting happens, what are we supposed to do there ? Run around shooting fresh spawns while they desperately look for food ? 

I've been around since 0.53 where you could just base hopp until everyone had a full pimped out m4 and then infinitely sprint to the nearest pvp spot, rinse and repeat. And while I like that the game isn't just pvp anymore i don't want to play it on my own all the time.

Be careful: According to many people on this forum, what has happened to you is normal and is called "coordinated shooting of players in a team". In no case of the cheat. I know because when I told here what had happened to me, that is to say the same thing identical to you, that is what I was told here. And that I had to prove that dying in one shot in a windowless room was due to a cheater ...  🤣😂😄

Edited by lvw06

I was alone in the room, non of my friends were online, it was a coordinated use of cheats. 

• Haha 1

Plenty of reasons to change servers I suppose.... I play on one server usually, so I’ve not run into that problem often, rarely due to a bug. Server position change is necessary, however. I remember the ghosting days. The spawn locations are about as good as can be at this stage, @General Zod.

The thing that shouldn’t be in place anymore is the infernal extended timer! What is the point of a 75 second wait time when swapping servers? Seems like punishment for just playing the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

The thing that shouldn’t be in place anymore is the infernal extended timer! What is the point of a 75 second wait time when swapping servers? Seems like punishment for just playing the game.

Yep, it's quite pointless these dayz.

Another reason to change the server I'm in UK I was playing on NL server and ot was kicking me for ping over 300, couldn't stay in the game for more than 5 minutes, switched to another also NL server one and no more ping issues. We should be allowed one server change before we have our location changed just as a grace in case we for whatever reason can't play on our last server.  

Edited by General Zod

Yea, that blows when it’s your ping. 

To further my previous point, if the time penalty when switching servers was only 15 seconds you and your friends could hop in and out until you are close enough to each other to reasonably meet up. Which could take 10 to 15 mins instead of 40, like you mentioned, @General Zod.

7 minutes ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

Yea, that blows when it’s your ping. 

To further my previous point, if the time penalty when switching servers was only 15 seconds you and your friends could hop in and out until you are close enough to each other to reasonably meet up. Which could take 10 to 15 mins instead of 40, like you mentioned, @General Zod.

Yes, but on top of that we'd need in land spawn, otherwise it's just endless walking simulator.