Sign in to follow this  
Homeschooliazon

Soft Loot-Tier-Zones

Loot Tier Zones are nice for providing gameplay incentives, you have to work... uh... play ofcourse to get better gear by traveling the map.

BUT THEY ARE BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is because you know exactly what you are going to get. I am never surprised by loot in this game. Except for that time I found an AKSU damaged with a mag and 3 bullets in a container in Elektro, that was fun. Any other time I looted Elektro was boring, because i knew exactly I could find an IZH. Thats it. I also knew that I would find a Deagle because they grow on the trees at the coast.

The time I looted Elektro and got that almost useless AK was fun because it was unexpected and i found something really cool.

I suggest that EVERY single spawnpoint in every building in every loot tier in every loot zone has a 5% chance that when it spawns something, it can be ANY item from ANY loot zone and tier.

Anyone would be really excited to find an SVD in Balota airfield, but it would be unbalanced, people wouldnt have to loot tisy and helicrashes anymore, everyone would have an svd and be bored by anything else they find right?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

because this would only happen once in your whole playtime, because the chance to spawn an svd at an svd spawnpoint is already small, and you have the chance of 5% added ontop of that.

What I think when i spawn in Berezino:

Ok so where do i loot... hmm Police? No, there is never anything in there, all I could even miss out on is a damaged glock. Ok I will specifically loot only the Hospital for a bandage and an epipen, but i will not enjoy it or be surprised!

Ok I got my bandage, now i will loot a handful of those shops with the shutters closed for a guaranteed deagle, ah there it is just as expected. Hm... Ok I will loot 2 more where I will find a glass of jam and some chocapixue so that I am fed.

Goodbye Berezino, I have seen all you could ever have to offer! I will now move to the summer camp north where I can tell you in advance that I will find a winter huntig pants and a green hunting jacket and a great helm!

What I would think if I spawned there WITH the beast Idea ever, low chance loot randomization added:

Wow! I love Berezino! I am gonna loot for fun, take in the atmosphere! I wonder what happens today! Ok let me go to the Police station! Oh nothing as usual, oh well! Hospital then, i need a bandage! Nice I found it just as expected, oh, a sparkplug in the hospital! How handy!

Let me loot all the random houses! It is not boring because anything could happen! Oh my god, are those night vision goggles without any helmet or headstrap?! Awesome! What a big surprise to find this here! My DayZ experience has just been enhanced greatly! I suddenlly feel the incentive to look for a headstrap at a millitary base, even if it is one with a lower loot tier! And ontop of that I know I will have some fun spying around with the goggles at night, even though I am still greatly impaired by my non-nightvision-to-face-attachedness!

And WOW! A megaphone! Now I can have fun and start screaming at people before i leave the coast, even if its just once in a while that i have this luxury!

I will now continue to only loot the places I like visiting! Yes I won't be as efficient as people who always seek out the exact best loot locations for the things they need, but I won't miss out completely anyway!

How happy I am that Homeschooliazon suggested Soft Loot-Tier-Zones to the DayZ forums and to the developers who implemented it, Sumrak is such a cool guy!

Edited by Homeschooliazon
  • Beans 1

Amazing idea Homeschooliazon who is denfinetly not me!

The convoys the devs added really play into this very well, I ONCE found an SVD in CHERNO!

I still remember that special moment just as I... uh... you said!

And it only happened once in my lifetime, not leading to everyone running around the coast with high end gear, just as you said!

I hope that m-.... your idea gets implemented even further with all loot receiving a bit of randomization 🙂