Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jizz

The haze. WTF is with this persistent haze?

I didn't get a lot of time on 1.13, but since getting back into this with 1.14 I've had to deal with what I can only describe as an ever-present haze... and I'm kinda over it. It's inside/outside/day/night and exists everywhere in Chenarus.  I've driven around the map, I've seen it in all weather types, and played at different times.. so this isn't a weather or time-of-day thing from what I can gather.  I've looked around and It appears that my gamma settings are all normal, but I'm happy to hear any advice.

Here's a few shots from just now..

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Here's a shot from 1.12 for reference (same server)

Reduce your brightness to 50% (not 55%) or switch the game to Fullscreen mode, it does that when it's in Windowed mode (Windowed fullscreen that is) + boosted gamma over default value.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Beans 2

20 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

Reduce your brightness to 50% (not 55%) or switch the game to Fullscreen mode, it does that when it's in Windowed mode (Windowed fullscreen that is) + boosted gamma over default value.

I'll try the fullscreen.. now that you mention it, I think I saw that it was in windowed mode despite being fullscreen. I do not however have the gamma settings altered.. so.. 

Edited by Mr Jizz

9 hours ago, Mr Jizz said:

I'll the fullscreen.. now that you mention it, I think I saw that it was in windowed mode despite being fullscreen. I do not however have the gamma settings altered.. so.. 

I don't know... try resetting your settings fully be deleting graphic config file, something might be borked.
Also, check your display settings in your GPU settings, something might be wrong there.

Edit: Here's the path to the configs,

C:\Users\*username*\Documents\DayZ

Backup and delete DayZ.cfg and *username*_settings.DayZProfile, and try running the game with both of those 2 deleted.
Game will automatically remake them, but your settings will be reset.

Edit 2: My gamma value in _settings.DayZProfile is "gamma=1;", which should be default value.

Edited by DefectiveWater

5 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

I don't know... try resetting your settings fully be deleting graphic config file, something might be borked.
Also, check your display settings in your GPU settings, something might be wrong there.

Edit: Here's the path to the configs,

C:\Users\*username*\Documents\DayZ

Backup and delete DayZ.cfg and *username*_settings.DayZProfile, and try running the game with both of those 2 deleted.
Game will automatically remake them, but your settings will be reset.

Edit 2: My gamma value in _settings.DayZProfile is "gamma=1;", which should be default value.

You nailed it - the windowed mode was doing it. Hopefully other folks see this post. The fact that my character was wearing sunglasses didn't help, but it was only slightly tinting the screen. The haze was all about that "Windowed" mode I was in.. not sure how that even happened.

• Like 1