EzyStriderPS4

Massive Explosions in the Distance?

Has anyone heard these huge crashes/massive explosions on vanilla?  I've heard them twice now and at first I thought I was hearing grenades from a raid.... but this is different.  Seems large-scale and amplified.  Both times I've run to the spot where I heard these explosions and both times I've been attacked by wolves.  Could be a coincidence, especially considering both locations are wolf hot-spots.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

Has anyone heard these huge crashes/massive explosions on vanilla?  I've heard them twice now and at first I thought I was hearing grenades from a raid.... but this is different.  Seems large-scale and amplified.  Both times I've run to the spot where I heard these explosions and both times I've been attacked by wolves.  Could be a coincidence, especially considering both locations are wolf hot-spots.

they added the audio when they did server maintenance like a week ago. it's in preparation for 1.14

• Thanks 1

I don't see the logic at all of having random artillery strikes and really hope they don't go down this road. Toxic zones would be pretty neat though. 

I played a bit yesterday after taking a long break from DayZ and now that you mention it, I did hear something like what you described.  It sounded not quite like thunder and not quite like something trying to smash the door of the building I was in.

• Like 1

If you go onto experimental, you can play the 1.14 update. The sounds are artillery firing toxic gas shells. I believe there are currently two permanent toxic gas sites, Rify and Balota. The artillery sounds indicate the spawning of dynamic toxic gas clouds. 

• Thanks 1