Sign in to follow this  
Gunnermooch

Map stretched

Does anyone know my map is stretched on two sides and not lined up with the given map frame properties ? It doesn't matter how I import for example QGIS or L3DT, the issue is always the same. 

I have been stuck with this issue for months so any help would be appreciated. I even tried a full re-install of Tools.

3.jpg

1.jpg2.jpg

This is usually due to the image not being the correct size on all rasters. Additionally this is also possible due to the image it'self being over size and not filling the canvas correctly. use gimp, check your map closely (zoom in, leave no blank areas along the edges. 

The easiest way to fix this is to
Import your map into GIMP or whatever editor you prefer to use
Create a new layer with the correct dimensions ZxZ as your map
Make sure the layer is filled with a solid white background (underneath your map layer)
Match the top left corner, and then make sure there is no white space along the right edge or bottom edge of your actual map image.

If you have major gaps or white spaces on either edge you may need to do more edumication before progressing further... 

The real question here is how much (if any) dev you've done on the map? If you have added no buildings then you can likely get away with resizing the map layer to fit on the correct size layer... If you've got a lot of structures and have already built a great deal of locations based on satmap placement or imagery, then you may want to simply look into making your map Coastal (IE Below 0M elevation) on the east and the south edges in order to remove any issues.

For more tips and help join  https://discord.gg/vM3uVgVFCB