maxon-69

Minefields and traps in the woods

What could be simpler than this game proposal?

The game has working mines and traps that can be placed in certain locations. Let's say mines can be placed around military facilities, traps in forests. It is a little more difficult to make hazard warning signs. And that's it! New danger in the game. For the players, this is an additional tension in the game. You need to be careful and watch your step in dangerous places. In addition, mines can be cleared and mined elsewhere. Well, it's simple and great !!!

Maybe the developers will read this thread and implement it in patch 1.14?

Write how do you like the idea?

Edited by maxon-69
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

7 minutes ago, maxon-69 said:

- snip -

I like it to a certain extent, but... even if it doesn't get implemented, we could at least get death once you step out of map borders.
I wouldn't make it so you could disarm those mines and use them tho... Mines are supposed to be rare, it would be rather easy to farm them otherwise.
But I do think mines need to be on the outskirts only tho, and not cover the entirety of the edge, but here and there around certain military places.

It might not make the gameplay for the better tho...

Apparently there are new artillery sounds that play randomly... they could use those to trigger explosions under players once they venture too far out?

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1

Do you mean to place mines (or use artillery) on the border of the map so that players don't run out of the map?
Also an interesting option, but it seems to me that inside the map mines and traps would be more in demand

12 minutes ago, maxon-69 said:

Do you mean to place mines (or use artillery) on the border of the map so that players don't run out of the map?
Also an interesting option, but it seems to me that inside the map mines and traps would be more in demand

I would honestly make it this way:

Danger signs on the outskirts of the map (the parts outside of the map, with no trees or grass), with artillery sounds playing in the distance the closer you are to the edge of the map.
Randomly it would cause an explosion under you just as if an artillery struck under you and kill you.

That would be my way of solving players running through those parts, as those parts of the map aren't really supposed to be used... The further out you go, the higher the chance.

But mines?
I think MB Tisy, MB Kamensk and MB at Tri Kresta should have minefield zones.
Mines should be visible tho if you pay attention, so you could still get through the field safe...

Or... implement radioactive zones so Gasmasks and NBC gear gets some use.
Gasmask should be a necessity, but no NBC gear should slowly lower your health, like idk... maybe around 10-30 minutes only? depending on how large the radioactive zone, so that most of your time isn't spent jogging along.

But... all of this would drastically change gameplay at certain places, and IDK if devs want that, or if players want. This is only an idea afterall...
It would be an interesting way to spice it up a bit, but yeah... not sure if it's what the game needs.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1

Yes, it is clear that the game has a different direction. I do not argue that the game really needs it. But damn it, how easy it is to implement if you want, because it is all there. mines and traps have been in the game for a long time, you just need to place them and that's it. Maybe this is an additional load on the server due to the larger number of objects?

Edited by maxon-69

31 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

Честно говоря, я бы сделал это так:

Знаки опасности на окраине карты (части за пределами карты, без деревьев и травы), с звуками артиллерии, играющими на расстоянии, чем ближе вы к краю карты.
Случайно это вызовет взрыв под вами, как если бы артиллерия ударила под вами и убила вас.

Это был бы мой способ решить проблему с игроками, проходящими через эти части, поскольку эти части карты на самом деле не должны использоваться ... Чем дальше вы продвигаетесь, тем выше шанс.

Но мины?
Думаю, что у МБ Тисы, МБ Каменска и МБ на Три Креста должны быть минные поля.
Если вы внимательно следите за минами, они должны быть видны, чтобы можно было безопасно пройти через поле ...

Или ... внедрите радиоактивные зоны, чтобы использовать противогазы и оборудование NBC.
Противогаз должен быть необходимостью, но никакое оборудование NBC не должно медленно снижать ваше здоровье, как idk ... может быть, всего около 10-30 минут? в зависимости от того, насколько велика радиоактивная зона, чтобы большую часть времени не тратить на бег трусцой.

Но ... все это радикально изменило бы игровой процесс в определенных местах и IDK, если разработчики захотят этого или игроки захотят. В конце концов, это всего лишь идея ...
Это был бы интересный способ немного оживить ее, но да ... не уверен, что это то, что нужно игре.

the infected zone is also part of the concept of the game and why the hell is it not in the game? There is a suit, a gas mask, the player can cough. What is difficult in the implementation of the infected area?

I agree that military bases need minefields around the perimeter. It is also worth adding dangers to forests and fields, in addition to cities and military bases. There are already packs of wolves and bears, but you can go further - generated minefields and cocked hunting traps, caches of other survivors (something like helicopter crashes, small rare events in the forest), wandering lone zombies, areas of radioactive and biological contamination (burials). This is where all these gas masks, special suits and metal detectors come in handy. As for the artillery strikes, most likely they will be added as specific areas of fire, not along the edges of the map. Something like this - you walk around the village, you hear a siren and you understand that now there will be an artillery strike here and it's time to get out of here.