Sign in to follow this  
0Gravity

Ai Military groups

I am a returning player and I know that military Ai have been suggested time and time again for high tier objectives and areas to make end game more interesting.
Ai teams of military special forces or survivors could dynamically spawn to roam the land, guard or recover downed helicopters, patrol or search and destroy cities etc...
I am pretty surprised that it has not been added yet while mods like Epoch had it years ago. Is this at all in the roadmap or this feature is no longer considered?

• Haha 1

You saw how bad the AI is in Arma 3. You'd get spotted from 2 kilometers through 3 dense forests and then you'd get headshot by second shot. Or, you could go close combat with AI and they will miss all shots from a meter away. As much as I'd like something like Rust or mod had, I don't think devs are competent enough to make it work. Even zombies need polishing.

• Like 1

It would be cool.

The best solution for using AI would be to temporarily drop from a helicopter to military bases with a short patrol route in a circle (5-10 minutes) and fly back. That is, such a scenario in the game. Bots can be customized to behave like a zombie, only shooting instead of chasing. Zombies have a sector of vision and hearing. If you reconfigure them for bots, then it may not even turn out badly. The landing scenario can be diversified by mining, smoke cover while shooting at them, or counter-attack against the player. And so that the bots do not shoot like snipers, you should limit the firing range. Just set up return fire if you are within their radius (100 m). The main thing is that they always move. By the way, they can easily set up a return fire at the sound source.

Well, in general, there are many opportunities here.

Edited by maxon-69

While it might not be too bad of a suggestion, it's been suggested a lot of times on various forums and threads, and I feel like it doesn't fit DayZ at all... DayZ should be all about player contact, not AI contact.

I see no reason for AI to be unclaimed in the game. I think it would only heighten the interest. For example, watch the bots do something at military facilities and fly away. You can engage in a shootout with them and get top-end loot from them in case of victory. Or wait until they shoot the zombies, then fly away and calmly collect loot.

According to legend, DayZ is not a desert island!