ZinMas 101

Disgusting

Sorry about my voice, the game mechanics are worst than ever and it is really pi**ing me off. 

INFECTEDS: infecteds are more like proffessional fighters and runners, they even do parkour. Did the Dayz Team smoked a fat one or...? Are you tripping guys?

https://clips.twitch.tv/AbnegateGenerousPuppyTBTacoRight-08hEU-7mW_SMqeLQ

NIGHTS: nights still being dark as fuck, after years, without any solution. When.... ilumination is very basic in every game, cmon... work on that instead adding sh*t !

CARS: cats still flying, bug and desync, etc. 

DAMAGE SYSTEM AND HITBOX:  Damage system is so broke as hitbox. 9mm, 380 and 45acp are honestly useless. Faces still counting as head in general. 

LOOT: Completly broken. If you found a hat in a town, then you will find another 50 hats in the same town. Then in the next one you will find 50 raincoats. NOSENSE.

Im stopping to count... Cause... seriously... this game completly lost the North. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Hello.
In some parts you are right, but.. I saw the full video and you know very little about the game and you make some mistakes.
Some advice, if I can:
* - If you are just being born, avoid the servers at night, it is obvious that you will have much more difficulty. (In the HC servers the night is really dark, in the "normal" ones you can even see where to go without lights. If you still have difficulty, once in game, check the video settings which are buggy: sometimes just adjust the brightness bar and it fixes everything, other times it doesn't work. In this case, change the "Hardware Antialiasing" setting which will "unlock" the brightness bar and you can adjust the brightness, then put the "Hardware Antialiasing" back as before. Now you should see better )
* - As soon as you are born, if you can, follow the railroad (or a trail), you can find 2 small stones that combined give an improvised knife.
* - When you kill a Z with the backpack, get it now, it has more slots and you can hang the chemical light on the shoulder straps freeing your hands to be able to do more while having the external light and working.
* - Visit more houses, don't skip them, you can find food.
* - When you find food, if you're hungry, eat it right away, so you get rid of the slots and if someone kills you, they don't take your food too: however it must end up in the stomach, we might as well do it right away.
* - The potato can be eaten if you peel it with a knife
* - Fresh fruit rots quickly: eat it first and immediately.
* - Same thing with fresh meat, it goes rotten quickly (2 hours RL, if I remember correctly). When you cook, cook everything right away, don't leave slots free, you only waste wood and "risky time" at stake (remember that fireplaces smoke and attract marauders).
* - If you are just born, do not waste time and resources to smoke the meat, you do not need to store it as much, you can easily eat a whole cow (with short pauses if the "full stomach" icon appears): do it faster (the roast is shorter than the smoked one, a lot), you hydrate yourself (roast meat has more water than smoked meat), and free slots for other things.
This, at least, for large lines... the rest will come with practice 😉
However you are better than me to lock up the Z, I have difficulty with this new 1.12, they all seem much faster and attentive to the slightest noise. After luring a Z inside a garage, I go out running but now that I can activate the door lock, the Z is already out behind me scratching me ... I gave up 🙂

Best wishes and good matches 😉

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, ZinMas 101 said:

NIGHTS: nights still being dark as fuck, after years, without any solution. When.... ilumination is very basic in every game, cmon... work on that instead adding sh*t !

Night must be dark. Go to country side in real world where there is 0 light source, no houses, no lamps, nothing. You will not see anything, even your hands if there are clouds on sky.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 2

I do think nights are just a tiny bit too dark when you are playing on the hardcore servers, but it would be okay IF they fixed the lighting issues and lights disappearing after like 100 meters...

INFECTEDS: infecteds are more like proffessional fighters and runners, they even do parkour. Did the Dayz Team smoked a fat one or...? Are you tripping guys?

You got outplayed, just accept it. It is annoying, but sneaking is better in 1.13.

cats still flying

CATS?!?!?! yeah, cats are still an issue, sadly.

LOOT: Completly broken. If you found a hat in a town, then you will find another 50 hats in the same town. Then in the next one you will find 50 raincoats. NOSENSE.

I've seen this happen sometimes, mostly with revolvers though... I found like 6-7 revolvers in Novaya Petrovka once

DAMAGE SYSTEM AND HITBOX:  Damage system is so broke as hitbox. 9mm, 380 and 45acp are honestly useless. Faces still counting as head in general. 

?!?!?! I literally don't get your point about damage, but face does need it's hitbox/not be protected by helmets unless they have a faceshield

Edited by DefectiveWater

19 hours ago, ZBA said:

Night must be dark. Go to country side in real world where there is 0 light source, no houses, no lamps, nothing. You will not see anything, even your hands if there are clouds on sky.

Moonlight is a thing in real world, it isnt working since years back.

Moderator edit: Removed aggressive language

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ZBA said:

But really for nothing!
I believe that you have never really been in the countryside or in the mountains at night. The night is dark ONLY if there is no Moon, otherwise there is always some light, and if there is a full Moon and a clear sky you can also make a remarkable shadow. Everything is up to waiting for a while for the eye to get used to it. When you go to the mountains, and walk at night, I never use a light bulb because it squeezes your iris and you only see the beam of light. If you don't use anything, the iris adjusts and you see a little bit of everything, except in exceptional cases (cloudy night and no moon). If you have to look for something in your backpack, in order not to "unaccustom the iris", there are bulbs specially shielded with filters that make very little light.
This in the real world.
Then it would be necessary to agree on whether this game is to be realistic or not.
When it is "convenient" everyone brings up the "alleged realism", when it is not convenient for everyone to talk about "video game and balance": well, find an agreement
I am for "realism" even at the cost a bit of negatively impacting the "alleged balance of a video game".
Then fate vobis.
But don't talk about "dark / black night" & "realism" which are antithetical concepts!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

?!?!?! I literally don't get your point about damage, but face does need it's hitbox/not be protected by helmets unless they have a faceshield

It happened to me too, with a military Z equipped with a bulletproof vest and assault helmet (without visor). I was hoping to kill him with a blow to the face, which is NOT protected by the helmet, but it didn't work the 2nd time either. It is evident that the presence of a military helmet creates a whole "bubble of protection" around the head, and shooting in the face, which in a real world would immediately kill anyone (even with a helmet), in this case it is useless.
I think it refers to this... but I could be wrong because I don't know English and I have to use the Google translator which really sucks... well, sorry everyone for my bad English... 😧

• Beans 1

re: dark nights.

My wife's family literally lives in a field in the middle of nowhere and at night you'd be surprised at just how much you can see.

In reality, nights are rarely pitch black. Even on cloudy nights. Unfortunately with DayZ, we either have a situation where they are too bright and look a little silly or they are too dark and people log out, cos they can't see to play the game.

• Beans 1

Cleaned up several comments focusing on provocation instead of actual discussion. Hint: If you spend all or the majority of your comment attacking another user instead of arguing your position, do not press Submit.

• Like 3
  • Beans 1

On 6/29/2021 at 12:04 PM, Tonyeh said:

re: dark nights.

My wife's family literally lives in a field in the middle of nowhere and at night you'd be surprised at just how much you can see.

In reality, nights are rarely pitch black. Even on cloudy nights. Unfortunately with DayZ, we either have a situation where they are too bright and look a little silly or they are too dark and people log out, cos they can't see to play the game.

Well it really depends on the night, how full the moon is and if there is cloud or tree cover.

i think that someone is missing the point of a hardcore server.   server admins can change the light settings and have obviously taken the darker option.   don't play HC unless your experienced enough to survive OR play it and get better at the game.  this is how everyone else is playing

• Beans 1