Sign in to follow this  
seizetheday4eva

Exit code: 0x0000005 - STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Hi

So i randomly started to receive this pop up message every time i exit Day Z, even if i just go into the menu and then exit out of the game i get the message. I can play the game maxed out with no issues.

I have tried verifying the files via steam, i have even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I never used to get this message so no sure what has changed, my hardware hasn't neither has my mods, and i don't have many of them either.

I have a beefy PC RTX 3090, 32GIG RAM, i9900k processor, running latest nvidia drivers and windows 10 update.

Anyone else having this or know a fix please?

It's definitely one of the mods.  I had this in the past as well.

Choose one of the mods and unsubscribe from it.  Then, play a session of DayZ without that mod and see if you still get the error.  If you do, put that mod back and unsubscribe from another.  Rinse and repeat until the error goes away.  One or more mods have some issue right now, so unsubscribing and resubscribing might fix it once you hit the right one.

58 minutes ago, drgullen said:

It's definitely one of the mods.  I had this in the past as well.

Choose one of the mods and unsubscribe from it.  Then, play a session of DayZ without that mod and see if you still get the error.  If you do, put that mod back and unsubscribe from another.  Rinse and repeat until the error goes away.  One or more mods have some issue right now, so unsubscribing and resubscribing might fix it once you hit the right one.

Actually i first thought it could be a mod too, but i just reformatted my computer and installed vanilla Dayz (no mods at all) and same thing happens. It only happens with this game, and the message isn't displayed until i exit the game. It's very strange, but quite annoying.

17 minutes ago, seizetheday4eva said:

Actually i first thought it could be a mod too, but i just reformatted my computer and installed vanilla Dayz (no mods at all) and same thing happens. It only happens with this game, and the message isn't displayed until i exit the game. It's very strange, but quite annoying.

Hmm, what does Windows Event Viewer say?  It might show something for "faulting module" other than just DayZ_x64.exe by itself.

17 hours ago, drgullen said:

Hmm, what does Windows Event Viewer say?  It might show something for "faulting module" other than just DayZ_x64.exe by itself.

I'm not too familiar with how to use Event Viewer, which section should I look under?

55 minutes ago, seizetheday4eva said:

I'm not too familiar with how to use Event Viewer, which section should I look under?

Right-click on Windows Start button, select Event Viewer, expand Windows Logs on the left and then choose the Application log.  There may or may not be an entry for DayZ when this access violation occurs, but if there is, it might highlight the faulting module, which might narrow down what is causing it.

Thank you, yes it showed up in application log, but i have no idea what this means, also it doesn't end in 0x0000005 but when i check the time it occurred it was the same time as i was exiting Day Z.

Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0x00000000
Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000
Faulting process ID: 0x22d4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d74b67b4272440
Faulting application path: bad_module_info
Faulting module path: unknown

2 hours ago, seizetheday4eva said:

Faulting application name: bad_module_info

If you Google that, you'll get loads of threads talking about it -- hopefully one of them fixes it for you.

18 minutes ago, drgullen said:

If you Google that, you'll get loads of threads talking about it -- hopefully one of them fixes it for you.

Yeah I did indeed, and I tried everything that was suggested but to no avail. It's either due to the latest patch or a Windows update causing some conflict. I have logged the error with the development team so will wait to see what they say. The games perfectly playable, it's just annoying to see that error message every time I exit the game.