Sign in to follow this  
Saul Weinstein

Hearing church bells?

Every so often in the game I hear church bells or some sort of bell ringing. What is this noise? What triggers it?

Still being new the game, I dont know exactly where but in one of the main cities is a large church and it rings pretty loudly so that maybe it. its awesome for shootouts.

I believe it is the churches. Most big cities, I know both Cherno and Electro (the 2 main starting cities) both have a church, I'm sure most other decent sized cities have one as well. I believe it's just random that they ring... just background ambiance noise programmed into the map I think.

Look out your window. Perhaps you live near a church? Otherwise it could be Tinnitus. Or the phantom zombie bell ringer of Cherno.

I have heard church bells near Electro and Cherno. The one time I paid attention and counted...it was 7 chimes...and it was 7pm on the server. hint hint. :) Most church bells in real life ring on the hour and as many times for the hour it is. Pretty neat that this seems the case in game too.

I've always wondered what triggered the bell-ringing myself... I always assumed it was just random intervals of ringing. (Haven't checked, but it might be on a certain timing as well.)

hopefully the ambient sounds are a high priority, because they really take away from a game where sound is huge. Having gunshot sounds drowned out by church bells that no one is there to ring is gamebreaking, and hearing the sound of someone climbing a ladder when no one is climbing a ladder is annoying.

I think it might be the town hall actually.

My friends and I call it the 'Dinner Bell'. It'd be neat if it drew in a large horde of zombies towards the center of the city.