Riddick_2K

One easter egg "Pokéball" in 1.12 ?!?

I found the news that in the 1.12 update there would also be a kind of "Pokéball" that can catch all kinds of AI by engulfing them inside and release them on the next launch. I hope it's an Easter joke, a fake as news ... because such bullshit seems grotesque and excessive even for a badly written and poorly managed game like DayZ. I have read the update notes and have not found any news of this ... I really hope it is the reality of the update and not that it was simply "hidden" like a real easter egg.

29.gif

Edited by Riddick_2K

It's obviously not gonna stay, and it's obviously for a seasonal event and they wanted to test it out on experimental before going to stable with it.

"We want to focus more on seasonal events, mainly by introducing additional events throughout the year, as well as enriching the events themselves (mostly through new in-game assets)." - quote from their 2021 roadmap statement.

1 hour ago, Riddick_2K said:

because such bullshit seems grotesque and excessive even for a badly written and poorly managed game like DayZ

Because fun once in a while isn't allowed in DayZ?

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Sad 1

But can you really find such shit in DayZ ? ! ? 😮 😕
And do you enjoy this dung ? 😧
You should change your game, with so many absurd fantasy games with flying dragons, gnomes, wizards, witches, ghosts and ectoplasms of various kinds... which have NOTHING to do with the "likely pandemic" that is the subject of DayZ.
Already this game is unfortunate in its own right, for how badly written and poorly managed... without listing all the flaws it has (and not all by mistake, some are just deliberate beyond all logic), but we also want to put the flying unicorns, since we don't have helicopters? it would be fun... surely someone would enjoy fluttering in the clouds riding a flying unicorn... and what about cars that run badly? maybe a giant caterpillar to bring many players around the map, could that be an idea? Even with that, surely someone would have a good time.
I hope that my irony is enough to understand the concept, I would not even find the terms for a "serious talk" on this topic.
What amazes me is to read so many "serious" comments on random ballistics, of which I share their intentions (the "playability" doesn't hit a pipe, it's just incompetence and/or indifference), but no one who complained of this nonsense out of context ...
If it is true that it is in play, however... I found videos of the experimental and someone who claimed that it was in play in the stable... but I'm not sure yet that it also remained in the stable...
Anyway I think of all those who have complained, over the course of the various updates (myself included), and have never pulled a spider out of the hole... and with each update we must continue to see stupid and useless additions, some minor tweaks... but the really serious ones are always present (flying cars, disappearing objects, glitches of various kinds, frequent desynchronization, and others that I don't remember now) and often something else is always broken, so much so that now I see the new updates as "disasters announced" (and regularly do I have confirmation).
Probably many people have resigned themselves to having this potentially very beautiful game in "constant disaster".
And of the bulk of the players, I'm afraid, they don't give a damn... I know many who buy games like bread... they play a little and get bored immediately, and so on with another one. For these, surely, even the flying unicorn and the giant caterpillar are fine... and BI is fine as well, so much the aficionados have already paid... 😕
Dunno... I too, honestly, if I found a better alternative I would already be there... and I'm looking for it... so much so that I'm back on my old Battlefields too, even those with their defects, but NOT so many... and although they are blatantly "arcade" in their genre, they are done better and more seriously (except BF5 which is a colossal shit of anti-historical nonsense ).
And, just for the record, since I mentioned Battlefield: NO. I'm not one of those looking for PvP and "pew, pew", on the contrary... quite the opposite (I also have ArmA2-3, RS & RO, for that matter, that are made for this) in DayZ I am just looking for pure survival against pandemic (Z, mainly), but I would like a "serious" and as realistic game as possible, NOT full of bullshit and nonsense.
Paradoxically, it bothers me much more to see the absurdities made on purpose (like the backpack that must be emptied to be placed in a car or in a barrel: something completely out of all reality) than the many defects of the game... which are random and NOT deliberately wanted

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

@McWendy I've seen it before but, if I'm not mistaken, it's only in 3rd person and that's something I hate. Even DayZ, at first, I was doubtful whether to try it or not because it ALSO had the 3rd person, but verified that it was also possible to play in 1st person, when I found it on offer I decided to try it anyway. I always play ONLY in 1st, except rare occasions when I have to maneuver in reverse with the cars (mainly in my server or modded. I have only recently had 2 cars in a vanilla public) or when I have to place some object on the floor and the "ghost of the encumbrance" is not clearly visible in 1st.
Only a few rare times, in dangerous situations, have I used the 3rd person to look over some wall or fence... and it has always ruined the dive and given me the bad feeling of using "illegal tricks", even if it is the game that it's like that... but since everyone can do it, sometimes I have allowed it to myself... but I don't like it. In the HC servers I feel better, I don't use the cars anyway, and I manage with the objects in some way
In these games (FPS basically) I always want to impersonate a character and think that I am personally in that situation... and I can only do that in 1st person. The 3rd person view does not allow me to identify with the character and it seems to play with toy soldiers, like when I was a child.
I do not like.
This 3rd person, for me, is a sufficient condition to discard any game.

Thanks for tips, anyway 😉

Edited by Riddick_2K

4 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

@McWendy I've seen it before but, if I'm not mistaken, it's only in 3rd person and that's something I hate. Even DayZ, at first, I was doubtful whether to try it or not because it ALSO had the 3rd person, but verified that it was also possible to play in 1st person, when I found it on offer I decided to try it anyway. I always play ONLY in 1st, except rare occasions when I have to maneuver in reverse with the cars (mainly in my server or modded. I have only recently had 2 cars in a vanilla public) or when I have to place some object on the floor and the "ghost of the encumbrance" is not clearly visible in 1ª.
Only a few rare times, in dangerous situations, have I used the 3rd person to look over some wall or fence... and it has always ruined the dive and given me the feeling of using "illegal tricks", even if it is the game that it's like that... but since everyone can do it, sometimes I have allowed it to myself... but I don't like it. In the HC servers I feel better, I don't use the cars anyway, and I manage with the objects in some way
In these games (FPS basically) I always want to impersonate a character and think that I am personally in that situation... and I can only do that in 1st person. The 3rd person view does not allow me to identify with the character and it seems to play with toy soldiers, like when I was a child.
I do not like.
This 3rd person, for me, is a sufficient condition to discard any game.

Thanks for tips, anyway 😉

You're right. I only play 1st person. Not even on servers with Both options. Its a cheesy way of playing because you can see everything without putting yourself out there. 

Ive killed numerous players in the beginning by Just lining up behind a building and waiting for Them to come within range. Or peek over fences... After a while you realize how unfair it is to use or get used against you. 1st is Just way more realistic and challenging. 

Didn't know The Day Before was only 3rd. Have to rethink on that 😉

i like the idea of the egg thing, but only for events, ones that server admins run.

as for everything else, take it as you will, and nobody is forcing you guys to play the game, just saying

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, mother1977 said:

i like the idea of the egg thing, but only for events, ones that server admins run.

as for everything else, take it as you will, and nobody is forcing you guys to play the game, just saying

Agreed. We need more events. Incentives to get out and Explore. 

As for your second remark..... ? Wut 

i'm just saying that if you don't like playing dayz then there are about 100 other games in the genre to play, that's all.    I really have had enough of the "bagging on dayz" that i have been seeing lately (and not so lately) and i'm trying to work to get my server working smoothly and beautifully (which it is).   then by finding out what works, i'm trying to help others.  i get a little pissed at the endless ranting some peeps are sprouting.

that's all that comment meant

Edited by mother1977
forgot to type last line lol
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

The point is, we love playing DayZ, and the Eggsperimental capsule belongs in Skyrim. It’s immersion-breaking for me. I mean seriously? Who in their right mind thought this was okay? BrB, gotta catch ‘em all!

Edited by EzyStriderPS4
  • Haha 1

its an EVENT! those eggs wont spawn - unless some community server admin activated them. thats all there is.

halloween, easter, christmas, witch event.... this are all TEMPORARELY things - it wont break your holy game experience.

Edited by etwas
  • Thanks 3

I play only hardcore vanilla dayz and this pokeball thing its funny for me and I have no problem with that.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ZBA said:

I play only hardcore vanilla dayz and this pokeball thing its funny for me and I have no problem with that.

Same here ZBA, 1PP all the way. I’m carrying one right now, and when my friend eggsplained to me what it was for, I instantly facepalmed. I ain’t mad. Let’s be clear on that. I think it’s stupid. I’m going to trap a bear in it, btw.

• Confused 1

Also, it would be much cooler if players could construct those huge pyres rather than it be like a heli crash.There’s already Xmas lights, why can’t we put them on a tree ourselves? There’s pumpkins you can grow, why not carve them yourself? For me, it breaks immersion when some little gnomes erect these “events” in secret during the season and then they just disappear.  Who is doing this shit??? Some secret society of NPCs?!

• Like 1

Try to search with Google the videos for "dayz pokeball bears" and you will see how much bullshit and how much free badness it can generate in "sick" minds that already plague DayZ a lot.
Then think of the "doublers", a huge base defended by hordes of bears captured and duplicated with these stupid and idiotic magic eggs... [ironic on] but what a great idea... oh but what a beautiful game it becomes so... really fun... [ironic off]
With all the problems and flaws that this game already has, own this bullshit was missing ?