Sign in to follow this  
blackswan

1.12 Dedicated Server Connecting Failed (0x00020009)

Hey! I am trying to host DayZ Dedicated server on my linux machine through Proton for quiet a while now, but was having smae issue for a long time - it refuses accept clients, even though it successfully loads mission file and keep reporting 0 players in server console. 

With 1.12 updates to error messages I finally got something other then 'Unknown error occurred'. Now client saying that "Connecting failed (0x00020009)" maybe now Devs can point me in a right direction to fix that error and finally be able to host a server on my damn server :D 

Note for those who stuck on mission loading step: I found a solution here => https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/euk5ga/ turns out it supposed to crash with memory error but just freezes. Follow the solution mentioned there and it would allow you to stuck at same point I stuck :D 

Yep, each time I try to connect to my server from windows machine on same network.

I did not repeated it on 1.12, but on 1.11 I did captured network traffic between client and server, and there is packet from client, server responds with server info(server name, map name, etc), then client other packets but server no longer responds to it until client errors out and tries to connect again

can anyone just tell us how to fix this issue coz it's getting beyond a joke now. tried absolutely everything from re-installing to resetting router plugging into LAN and nothing is working and nobody seem to have the answers i know it's not anything to do with my machine because i have played DAYZ since the day it come out and never really had any issues but this is an absolute pain. plz someone help   

You are making these tests on your LAN, right? - not on WAN? Where is your DNS server?  What IP do outside players use to connect to your server (not the same as you use on your lan, for sure) Linux is rigorous, but windows really never was and 10 is worse than 7..  Unless you yourself get a total manual <you-decide> grip on their latest  'improvement'.

Sorry if this is obvious but start from the bottom, evident stuff. If the server ran DayZ previously for clients in the web external to your lan, then it will do it again. (unless you have changed external permissions/ access conditions to the game server = easy enough to do by inadvertance) . That's all.

It's the windows LAN "network" setup or - the local DNS active in your internet box that has updated to something iffy. You need to set thise absolutely by hand, not let them decide for themselves to allocate addresses or permissions or protocol.

I start from scratch, take linux as gospel, and do it all by hand. I give each local machine a fixed IP for the LAN.

You probably know all this already, you've done it before.

Can you run a client DayZ on the server itself?  Can you run a LAN linux client?  - if you can't, you've narrowed down where to look.

scuse me if this is boring and obvious.

Edited by pilgrim*