Kyiara

Console Update 1.12

@KyiaraI left some feedback about the bugs mentioned above with the grass and some others.

I also left a suggestion specific to Playstation DayZ. PS DayZ has the gamertag pop up for VOIP as it's been said Sony requires it. Rust Console(beta) by Double Eleven on Playstation shows gamertags of player when they are aimed at similar to DayZ BUT when players use VOIP a small mic pops up next to the name. If you aren't looking at them, there's no popup showing their gamertag.

Is this possible for DayZ on Playstation as Rust is doing it on Playstation? The gamertag popups ruin some major aspects of player interaction. You can't roleplay and act like someone else and as soon as you speak, everyone knows you are in the vicinity. It's a bummer that PC and XBox don't have it and we do.

Just a suggestion since Sony has let Rust devs do it that way. 

Edited by ZingZootZephyr

21 hours ago, thepoey said:

I was mainly hoping for some more specific insight into if the current duping problems are being addressed or will be addressed soon, especailly since there was nothing about it in the 1.12 patch notes.

I understand it's a FAQ, but it has no bearing on the current issue, and comes off as a generic response,  because it offers zero insight into any progress or potential for a fix in a future update. It has nothing to do with how I "feel", this is how the response was presented. I understand that in your role you are just forwarding info and relaying stuff from The Dev team to us, but regardless, in this case, the duping is truly damaging the long term player base and viability of this game on consoles. It's a huge problem. A lot of players would just like to know if there is any headway being made into solving it.

There was nothing in the patch notes for 1.12, so it's pretty logical to assume  there is no fix. We can only do so much to inform The Dev team about these issues; it's not on us to make sure these problems are fixed, particularly when they cause massive issues within the game's stability and overall economy. 

The admin has ignored the duping twice. These fuckers cannot fix the problem smh

• Like 1

On 4/21/2021 at 11:40 AM, Kyiara said:

That page is being regularly updated. The response is very much like "those are frequently asked questions, please check that page". I am sorry you feel that way.

How about fix the fucking duping?

I love the update with one exception....gardening now is basically pointless and not worth it.  It takes about an hour now to grow food which is ok, but. You have like 15 mins to harvest it while you watch the plants rot before your eyes.  Then you got about a 50/50 shot of that food going rotten with an hour of being in your inventory.  Fertilizer doesn't make a difference either.  Just gives you more rotten food.  So I have to sit and wait an hour to do anything only to watch rot in my hands.     This needs to be fixed 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Alcatraz2021 said:

The admin has ignored the duping twice. These fuckers cannot fix the problem smh

The dupers are out of control.   Yesterday just north of zelenograd we watch 2 guys put up the biggest base I have ever seen.  We waited till they finished their cheating then killed them and destroyed everything.  But their base encompassed two houses with shed and 2 different air locks.  And they did it in about 39 mins  absolutely insane. You can't tell me there is no way to track this and permanently block those IP addresses 

14 hours ago, Bleedinblue75 said:

The dupers are out of control.   Yesterday just north of zelenograd we watch 2 guys put up the biggest base I have ever seen.  We waited till they finished their cheating then killed them and destroyed everything.  But their base encompassed two houses with shed and 2 different air locks.  And they did it in about 39 mins  absolutely insane. You can't tell me there is no way to track this and permanently block those IP addresses 

I posted video here not too long ago of one of the mega bases they put up in less than a day. It was bigger than some of the small towns. Just truly absurd. The loot economy is so screwed as a result. 

3 hours ago, Ell Chupacabros said:

Hopefully never. This would be terrible. Console players would get utterly stepped on by Mouse and Keyboard players. Not to mention the potential for hacking. 

9 minutes ago, thepoey said:

Hopefully never. This would be terrible. Console players would get utterly stepped on by Mouse and Keyboard players. Not to mention the potential for hacking. 

I'd still like to see xbox and ps cross play though I suspect this will never happen. 

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I'd still like to see xbox and ps cross play though I suspect this will never happen. 

That would be cool! I don’t think it’s update to BI though, and I don’t think DayZ is big enough to make to happen unfortunately 

That's insane.  I'm going to go see if I can find that video.   I just don't understand why do it.   What's the point of playing if you cheat your way thru it.   Have the fun is going out and trying to find stuff.   Exploring the map. And then when you do find something awesome it makes it worth it 

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, Bleedinblue75 said:

That's insane.  I'm going to go see if I can find that video.   I just don't understand why do it.   What's the point of playing if you cheat your way thru it.   Have the fun is going out and trying to find stuff.   Exploring the map. And then when you do find something awesome it makes it worth it 

Yeah it’s really absurd. There’s only a handful of vanilla 1pp servers on Xbox, and all of them are stuffed with Dupers.

The worst part is on top their huge mega bases, they dupe endless grenades and cooking pots, so if you try to build your own bases anywhere, they can usually bust in in minutes. Had a 6 wall deep base and we just watched this guys dismantle it effortlessly. Beyond demoralizing, especially when they have all the supposedly rare high tier gear they could ever want , and we have SKS rifles. 

Sucks. No incentive for them not to exploit and cheat. Only the players that try to play the right way get punished. And all that’s happened is most of my player group doesn’t even want I play anymore. Most have uninstalled. We can’t be the only ones.

It’s truly awful for the health of this player base; and The Devs are just like, “check out the FAQ.” 

• Beans 1

I only came for patch notes but i've seen some pretty salty posts up in hurr.
I enjoy DayZ, i like the new update.
Thanks for all your hard work.

P.s. havn't found a hoe yet but as soon as i do im taking her out and showing her the sights.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/30/2021 at 8:12 PM, ZingZootZephyr said:

@Kyiara Are we getting a console patch to fix any of the new 1.12 bugs anytime soon?

Very doubtful considering the duping problem cannot be fixed by this company.

5 hours ago, Alcatraz2021 said:

Very doubtful considering the duping problem cannot be fixed by this company.

Yeah, it's like they have no idea how bad it is, can't fix it, or just don't care. 

This is what people are doing on 1.12 on consoles with duping the Egg capsules. 

Funny, sure, but when you extrapolate this to the entire loot economy? What is even the point in playing this game? 

Duping is a PRIORITY issue. It utterly breaks the game, and it's been in this state for months. If you can't fix it, pull the game from the fucking store. 

Edit: The frustrating part is mainly the utter refusal to even comment on it. No update on if it's being investigated, on if there's any progress. Just burying their heads in the sand. 

Edited by thepoey
  • Like 2
  • Beans 1

I noticed they did something to the seeds you get from tomatoes? I used to eat most of the tomato, then cut seeds out with a knife yet now, there are no seeds given. Is anyone else noticing this?

On thinking about it, the tomatoes I had in my inventory were from before the 1.12 update, perhaps that is the reason?

Edited by Crankgorilla

1 hour ago, Crankgorilla said:

I noticed they did something to the seeds you get from tomatoes? I used to eat most of the tomato, then cut seeds out with a knife yet now, there are no seeds given. Is anyone else noticing this?

On thinking about it, the tomatoes I had in my inventory were from before the 1.12 update, perhaps that is the reason?

The more you eat, the less seeds you get back. I think this was changed in 1.12

18 hours ago, thepoey said:

Duping is a PRIORITY issue. It utterly breaks the game, and it's been in this state for months. If you can't fix it, pull the game from the fucking store. 

Edit: The frustrating part is mainly the utter refusal to even comment on it. No update on if it's being investigated, on if there's any progress. Just burying their heads in the sand. 

I don't know from what experience you speak, but I don't see a lot of evidence of it anymore. I haven't seen stashes of identical ARs, or sheet metal mega bases since 1.06/1.07 era.

I play in a busy/high pop EU server and I can safely say I am convinced duping is nearly dead. I suspect it's still possible, but I think it's difficult and probably unreliable to replicate the process.

Now this is not directed at you, but I come across more people accusing others of duping because they can't find an AR in Balota Airfield, then I do actual dupers.

I will happily be corrected if the evidence is there however, but that's just my experience.

Edited by RZ0R

53 minutes ago, RZ0R said:

I don't know from what experience you speak, but I don't see a lot of evidence of it anymore. I haven't seen stashes of identical ARs, or sheet metal mega bases since 1.06/1.07 era.

I play in a busy/high pop EU server and I can safely say I am convinced duping is nearly dead. I suspect it's still possible, but I think it's difficult and probably unreliable to replicate the process.

Now this is not directed at you, but I come across more people accusing others of duping because they can't find an AR in Balota Airfield, then I do actual dupers.

I will happily be corrected if the evidence is there however, but that's just my experience.

All my complaints come from experience. Days after the most recent wipe, I found a stash of about 20 military tents. Since then, I've found similar stashes. The biggest evidence is the massive megabases people construct in hours. I posted video evidence of one of them. It's just stuff that by its sheer scope, would be in no way possible by conventional means, especially not in the time it takes these people to construct them. The one I posted recently was the size of Gorka. It's truly wild. It could be 3 people, it could be 20; there's truly no way to know for sure of course, but it's still a problem. 

The problem with the way this game's loot economy works, is that it only takes a small handful of people per server to dupe, to completely ruin it. But it's definitely not nearly dead. It may not be as easy to do as it was in the past, but it hasn't gone anywhere. If anything, it's more that the people who were doing it in massive numbers have just moved on from DayZ. 

Here's said example. 

We eventually made it inside after someone else had busted in and there was tons of sea chests, tents, obnoxious amounts of ammo, tools, etc. And this is the second such megabase found on this server after the wipe. 

And pre wipe, the problem was just even more out of control, so what likely happened is that patched one exploit, and the dupers found another. (Which, you can find video evidence of pretty easily. I've reported it to the feedback tracker, but *shrugs*)

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

2 hours ago, thepoey said:

All my complaints come from experience. Days after the most recent wipe, I found a stash of about 20 military tents. Since then, I've found similar stashes. The biggest evidence is the massive megabases people construct in hours. I posted video evidence of one of them. It's just stuff that by its sheer scope, would be in no way possible by conventional means, especially not in the time it takes these people to construct them. The one I posted recently was the size of Gorka. It's truly wild. It could be 3 people, it could be 20; there's truly no way to know for sure of course, but it's still a problem. 

The problem with the way this game's loot economy works, is that it only takes a small handful of people per server to dupe, to completely ruin it. But it's definitely not nearly dead. It may not be as easy to do as it was in the past, but it hasn't gone anywhere. If anything, it's more that the people who were doing it in massive numbers have just moved on from DayZ. 

Here's said example. 

We eventually made it inside after someone else had busted in and there was tons of sea chests, tents, obnoxious amounts of ammo, tools, etc. And this is the second such megabase found on this server after the wipe. 

And pre wipe, the problem was just even more out of control, so what likely happened is that patched one exploit, and the dupers found another. (Which, you can find video evidence of pretty easily. I've reported it to the feedback tracker, but *shrugs*)

yea its really starting to turn me off of the game now. like you said there is also no acknowledgement of duping from bohemia interactive, its really poor that they choose to ignore it happens. 

• Beans 1

6 hours ago, thepoey said:

All my complaints come from experience. Days after the most recent wipe, I found a stash of about 20 military tents.....

That's nuts! Honestly man I thought those bases were a thing of the past, I stopped playing after finding bases like that in 1.06, it was horrible. I started again in 1.08 and haven't seen anything like that since, so stuck with it. Like I say, I play multiple high pop official EU servers, most days. I don't get it... I hardly ever find good bases anymore and come across ARs/Heli guns at a healthy rate both on people/in militaries. My experience is not that.

My only real gripe is the less skillful players needing to use alt accounts to store loot and defend bases.

I play on PS4, you? Perhaps the duping problem is console specific?

Edited by RZ0R

16 hours ago, RZ0R said:

That's nuts! Honestly man I thought those bases were a thing of the past, I stopped playing after finding bases like that in 1.06, it was horrible. I started again in 1.08 and haven't seen anything like that since, so stuck with it. Like I say, I play multiple high pop official EU servers, most days. I don't get it... I hardly ever find good bases anymore and come across ARs/Heli guns at a healthy rate both on people/in militaries. My experience is not that.

My only real gripe is the less skillful players needing to use alt accounts to store loot and defend bases.

On Xbox. I know PC has its own set of issues, but yeah, duping is specifically a bigger problem on consoles. 

alt accounts are super annoying but I don’t think BI can do much about that. Unless your login gets slightly randomized within an area? I don’t know. 

Honestly I think the only people building bases anymore ARE dupers. It’s so easy to bust in, anyone playing legit isn’t going to spend the time, but the people duping have no problem since it gives them endless resources. I also never really see bases anymore, aside from the absurd mega structures, which sucks. 

• Beans 1

On 5/2/2021 at 4:16 PM, thepoey said:

Yeah, it's like they have no idea how bad it is, can't fix it, or just don't care. 

This is what people are doing on 1.12 on consoles with duping the Egg capsules. 

Funny, sure, but when you extrapolate this to the entire loot economy? What is even the point in playing this game? 

It's crazy with me and you both pointing out the duping and the mods/admins ignore us like we're ghost. I personally don't see any good games coming out this year and E3 is my only hope to be happy about anything gaming related. 

• Beans 1

23 hours ago, RZ0R said:

GTFO! You are not experienced enough to know what's going on with this game or how badly the state it's in

• Confused 1