Ace244

Ridiculous Zombie Awareness

Idk about anyone else but on Xbox the zombies have superhuman like awareness making it nearly impossible to loot towns and especially military zones without having to kill at least a few. EXTREMELY annoying! For being half dead these zombies sure have fantastic senses which I personally think needs to nerfed a tad. I don’t remember them being this aware and in such abundance back before 1.07.

Edited by Ace244

4 hours ago, Ace244 said:

Idk about anyone else but on Xbox the zombies have superhuman like awareness making it nearly impossible to loot towns and especially military zones without having to kill at least a few. EXTREMELY annoying! For being half dead these zombies sure have fantastic senses which I personally think needs to nerfed a tad. I don’t remember them being this aware and in such abundance back before 1.07.

try crouching past the zombies, works wonders. 

Ohh gee why haven’t I thought of that??? *sarcasm* Even when crouch running they still seem to have remarkable awareness for being half dead. 

21 minutes ago, Ace244 said:

Ohh gee why haven’t I thought of that??? *sarcasm* Even when crouch running they still seem to have remarkable awareness for being half dead. 

no need for the sarcasm, for all I knew you could be new to the game. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ace244 said:

There's your problem, right there.

Try moving slowly. Really slowly and you'll get by them fairly easily.

The infected are really dumb. They are attracted to two things, noise and visuals. Reduce both and you'll have a more handy time getting around them.

2 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

There's your problem, right there.

Try moving slowly. Really slowly and you'll get by them fairly easily.

The infected are really dumb. They are attracted to two things, noise and visuals. Reduce both and you'll have a more handy time getting around them.

I’ll give it a try. Even when crouched stationary zombs at a good distance will spot me. Just happened today. Extremely annoying. 

Just now, Ace244 said:

I’ll give it a try. Even when crouched stationary zombs at a good distance will spot me. Just happened today. Extremely annoying. 

They're seeing you.

Stay crouched and behind stuff. Move slowly and plot out where you want to go.

You just are falling into the same trap everyone else does. You're doing to do everything quickly, which makes noise and a spectacle. It's bound to attract attention from both the infected and other players. In DayZ, slow and steady really does win the race.

In short, stay low and stay observant. And if something looks too risky, don't do it.

I’m doing the majority of what you said. I plan my movements but crouch run instead of walking more often than not because spending too much time in an area leads to being walked up on. I even throw objects from time to time to lead zombs away.  

1 minute ago, Ace244 said:

I’m doing the majority of what you said. I plan my movements but crouch run instead of walking more often than not because spending too much time in an area leads to being walked up on. I even throw objects from time to time to lead zombs away.  

3 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

They're seeing you.

Stay crouched and behind stuff. Move slowly and plot out where you want to go.

You just are falling into the same trap everyone else does. You're doing to do everything quickly, which makes noise and a spectacle. It's bound to attract attention from both the infected and other players. In DayZ, slow and steady really does win the race.

In short, stay low and stay observant. And if something looks too risky, don't do it.

3 hours ago, rackinglad27 said:

no need for the sarcasm, for all I knew you could be new to the game. 🤷‍♂️

Sorry but I don’t appreciate being misunderstood as a noob. Been playing DayZ since the mod days. I’m quite familiar with the game.  

2 hours ago, Ace244 said:

Sorry but I don’t appreciate being misunderstood as a noob. Been playing DayZ since the mod days. I’m quite familiar with the game.  

yea I don't appreciate sarcasm thrown against me. just thought I'd throw an obvious pointer your way. how was I to know you are a veteran lol 🤷‍♂️

You crouch run? Lol. See you're doing it wrong. 

Also dont throw objects. You highten their state and most often they aggro on you anyway.

5 hours ago, Ace244 said:

Stop doing this [crouch run] and this [throw objects] because you're only making yourself a target.

Crouch running makes noise and attracts the infected and throwing things riles them up and puts them on high alert.

49 minutes ago, McWendy said:

You crouch run? Lol. See you're doing it wrong. 

Also dont throw objects. You highten their state and most often they aggro on you anyway.

I crouch walk i don't crouch run, I know perfectly well how the zombies function. rain also lowers their senses.

35 minutes ago, rackinglad27 said:

I crouch walk i don't crouch run, I know perfectly well how the zombies function. rain also lowers their senses.

?? Wtf are you the kind that always feels attacked? Always the need to defend?  It was for the OP not you. 

2 hours ago, McWendy said:

?? Wtf are you the kind that always feels attacked? Always the need to defend?  It was for the OP not you. 

then I stand corrected and apologise lol I thought it was meant for seeing as though I mentioned crouching past zeds after the OP. sorry mate have a good day 👍

• Like 1

I see a lot of people are being sarcastic about what he is experiencing with these zombies/infected.

I've tested it out and most of y'all are very correct on being very cautious and planning your looting, moving slowly & stealthy, But their reaction time now has been heightened, plus since They're harder to take down now, instead of speeding up the process trying to take them out I just avoid them as much as I can amd it takes longer to loot, Thus slowing down gameplay & And I can see how that can turn players off, But to meet the new update is a gift in the curse because now if another player makes a mistake it can be a golden opportunity for another player to kill that player while fighting the tougher zombies, because nine times out of 10 they're going to start shooting to get out of the the horde they attracted 🤣

My only issue with the infected is that at night time, just like us they should not be able to see us, only hear us and react to light sources such as head torches, flares, flashlights etc etc

Edited by Raphael_RJ2
Grammar
  • Like 1

Standard "zombie" in this game:

• can climb over obstacles that players cannot even touch (barbwired fence for example),
  • can run longer than any survivor,
  • does not need to eat or drink,
  • never bleeds,
  • its water/wind proof,
  • perfectly analyzes sources of sound (walking for instance), so it will attack specifically designed targets and not anything that moves.
  • kills just for the hell of it (no devouring/pummeling animation of any sort),
  • detects targets through walls or even entire levels,
  • can break a bone with puny hand attack (especially sinister idea when the attacker is just some "zombified" grandma).
  • is just an annoyance, considering their small numbers altogether and engine limitations (animations mostly),
  • npcs are blind to each other. Hence their glitching through walls. Each npc is trying to achieve the best position when in combat and since there can only be one of such, they're are all catapulting themselves.

And now this experimental awareness... Those entites are not zombies. Crazed annoyances, but not reanimated corpses. It's better to become like them. Easier to "live".

No, They're infected people, that's why they can die with shots to the body. Although they do have some abilities that need looking at. Their flawless night vision for one.

Think more 28 Days Later and not Night of the Living Dead.

Personally, I don't mind the fact that they're a bit dangerous now. They were stupidly easy before.

• Like 1