dizzymagoo

DayZ Server Auto Restart - Multiple Methods - **Version 3.3.1

Because the intervals are in milliseconds and it saves them in milliseconds... 120 * 60 *1000 is 720000.

Put them into the application. Let it save it and don't touch the config manually. It is very sensitive ;)

Because the intervals are in milliseconds and it saves them in milliseconds... 120 * 60 *1000 is 720000.

Put them into the application. Let it save it and don't touch the config manually. It is very sensitive ;)

It was still opening Bec too many times. And I thought it might have something to do with that but I wasn't sure. Didn't seem to be checking every 2 mins (or at least updating me that it was checking every 2 mins), but I'm not running it atm because of the Bec issue. Could just disable that-probably will.

Last question, more of future-proofing it for bugs. If I have the config set to 120 mins *60 * 1000 = 720000, if I go through the config again, and just want to keep my old settings, am I going to be passing it 720000 mins (since it takes the old one-but will now be in mins, then recalculated up to some insanely high miliseconds?). Again just a question, you might have already thought of it and it's not an issue.

When you put in 120min in the program. It does the math for you and saves it. If you decide to manually edit the config, you must do the math yourself.

When you put in 120min in the program. It does the math for you and saves it. If you decide to manually edit the config' date=' you must do the math yourself.

[/quote']

Yes I'm just saying, when I put in 120 mins, it does the math and comes out to 720000. Now if I go through the config again and want to keep that setting (just hit enter) is it still using 120 mins, or is it taking the 720000 and multiplying by 60,000 AGAIN. Is it realizing it's already done the math on this number? or is it doing it again? Also, if it does the math it should still just say what we put in. Just makes it easier to read exactly what I want it to be, and let it do everything else behind the scenes. Otherwise it will confuse people (like myself lol).

Released 1.3.1

-Fixed what Bob Loblaw was talking about.

BOOYAH! Just watched the server crashing to an error message restart thing happen. I just happened to be RDP'ed into my server when it crashed to an error message. It killed the server and rebooted it. Worked flawlessly!

Much appreciated, I can't thank you enough for all the work you're doing with this app. Still seems to be opening Bec too many times so I just disabled that feature for the time being. Not in a big rush for it to be fixed, just thought I'd let you know (and I hope I haven't come across as ungrateful, again, veryyyyyyy much appreciated for everything you've done with this app).

Bec seems to not be loading the config file required with the command line args . maybe allow it to have an argument string as well. this should solve the opening and closing of Bec. Bec shuts itself down when there isn't a config file to load.

Ohhh I didn't know that there was arguments needed for BEC as well. I personally haven't used it so i'm not too familiar about how it works.

Ohhh I didn't know that there was arguments needed for BEC as well. I personally haven't used it so i'm not too familiar about how it works.

This is the target for the shortcut I have set for BEC: C:\BEC\Bec.exe -f Config.cfg for reference

This is the target for the shortcut I have set for BEC: C:\BEC\Bec.exe -f Config.cfg for reference

Yes, like he said, it needs -f and then the config. However I just have a shortcut to Bec.exe (called RUNBEC) that looks like Target: "........\Bec.exe" -f config.cfg.

If you do end up just running it manually with the -f option then that would be fine, doesn't really matter to me. I just use the shortcut for convenience sake.

I can't seem to get the server app working, not sure what I'm doing wrong. It can detect the server as running, but if the server crashes, it can't find the file to restart it, even though I'm pointing direct at it. My path looks like the following in the app;

C:Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead/Start_Dayzserver.bat

Don't really know why it doesn't find the file. I'm a bit of a noob at stuff like this, though. Am I doing something wrong with the target line? Launch parameters are correct, though.

If someone could please help me out, I'd be extremely grateful. I need to get the app running asap, seeing as I'm a student busy with my mid-year exams, and I can't really check up on the server every few hours to see that it's still running.

It should be this

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\

Ah, those damn backslashes. :<

Can't believe I've been struggling with it for 2 days and in the end I should just have tried backslashes. I actually feel ridiculous now. :P

Thanks though! You really saved me a lot of headaches.

Eek, turns out it now opens a standard ArmA 2 server, instead of the DayZ server. Any ideas? Would this be a command line issue?

Ah' date=' those damn backslashes. :<

Can't believe I've been struggling with it for 2 days and in the end I should just have tried backslashes. I actually feel ridiculous now. :P

Thanks though! You really saved me a lot of headaches.

[hr']

Eek, turns out it now opens a standard ArmA 2 server, instead of the DayZ server. Any ideas? Would this be a command line issue?

Your parameters are wrong. His program launches the server file itself, with the parameters. Open the start_DayZserver.bat file with a text editor and read what it says. You'll notice it just launched the ArmA2OASERVER file with parameters (-mod....... etc etc). Copy everything after the server file and put it as the parameter.

That will launch it into DayZ mode, exactly as that start_dayzserver.bat file does.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Because I still have my dedi open, I'll help you one step further. If you open the dayzserver.bat (you can verify it for yourself), it should say exactly this (or very similar, exactly if you didn't make any changes I believe):

arma2oaserver.exe -mod=EXPANSION;ca;@dayz;@CBA;@JayArma2Lib -name=cfgdayz -config=cfgdayz\server.cfg -cfg=cfgdayz\arma2.cfg -profiles=cfgdayz -world=Chernarus -cpuCount=2 -exThreads=7

So this will be your parameters: "-mod=EXPANSION;ca;@dayz;@CBA;@JayArma2Lib -name=cfgdayz -config=cfgdayz\server.cfg -cfg=cfgdayz\arma2.cfg -profiles=cfgdayz -world=Chernarus -cpuCount=2 -exThreads=7"

Use the base Operation Arrowhead directory for the directory, and use that (^) for the parameters. Will launch it into DayZ server.

Good luck.

Ah, yes, it was a parameter issue. Must have been an error in mine somewhere, I just copied yours over directly and it runs now.

Thanks!

So the monitor doesn't seem to be auto-restarting the server for some reason.

Here's my config string:

workingdirectory=C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2&parameters=-mod=EXPANSION;ca;@dayz;@CBA;@JayArma2Lib -name=cfgdayz -config=cfgdayz\server.cfg -cfg=cfgdayz\arma2.cfg -profiles=cfgdayz -world=Chernarus&servercheckinterval=30000&livelog=1&hri=14400000&sri=14400000&becrestart=0&becpath=Nothing&becname=Nothing&end=This is the end of the config!

Can anyone help me with setting up BEC to be monitored? Can't seem to get it right.

I'm hosting a server through HFBServers.com Dallas-49

Ive read that it is a good idea to restart your server every 6-8 hours to keep it running smooth. I have only done one restart on the server, and somebody told me later they lost a vehicle they had fixed. If I manually restart the server through the HFBServers.com control panel, does this reset spawns, + saved things such as tents / vehicles?

I'm new to hosting to bare with me please! Many thanks - Medic