gandhi's flip flop

Official servers

Can't remember the last time I was kicked from an official server aside from reset, but certain community servers I have experienced this. 

2 hours ago, gandhi's flip flop said:

I noticed you get kicked from officials servers quite often but it never happens on community servers. Is it something known ?

It could be that you have a high ping . . .Official servers set the ping limit to 300ms IIRC

For my server, I allow high ping players . . .. Other Community servers probably/possibly do the same ..  My players come from around the world ..  .

The highest stable ping I see is below 400ms, but its the transient (high) ping that could be killing your connection  ..  .

On 2/8/2021 at 1:38 AM, aux7 said:

It could be that you have a high ping . . .Official servers set the ping limit to 300ms IIRC

For my server, I allow high ping players . . .. Other Community servers probably/possibly do the same ..  My players come from around the world ..  .

The highest stable ping I see is below 400ms, but its the transient (high) ping that could be killing your connection  ..  .

I have good internet, I tested it both ways. Ping test to a dns server and ping test to my router both have very good connections with no time outs maybe 2-3 ping jumps to 20ms to 160ms but it is out of 900 so 3/900 seems pretty low to me and nothing like 1000ms ping spike. I never have any issues on other games too. Only DayZ official servers. I use USA servers and I live in USA so not high ping.

Happened to me I think twice yesterday as well while the servers were high pop - full and I also don't think that the reason should have been high ping. Though I guess momentary spikes cannot be avoided and the performance of Day Z servers is notoriously bad with this population.

It was nowhere near as bad as early builds where you would get kicked out consistently after a few minutes. But thinking of that makes me wonder if the same bug could be the reason, although suppressed to minimum. For me the kick happened moments after spawning/logging in and then on re-log everything was fine. 

There was definitely strange infected behavior, all sorts of lags and stutters, all the usual suspects of performance issues, so ... 

Edited by William Sternritter

39 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

Happened to me I think twice yesterday as well while the servers were high pop - full and I also don't think that the reason should have been high ping. Though I guess momentary spikes cannot be avoided and the performance of Day Z servers is notoriously bad with this population.

It was nowhere near as bad as early builds where you would get kicked out consistently after a few minutes. But thinking of that makes me wonder if the same bug could be the reason, although suppressed to minimum. For me the kick happened moments after spawning/logging in and then on re-log everything was fine. 

There was definitely strange infected behavior, all sorts of lags and stutters, all the usual suspects of performance issues, so ... 

I play on ps4 for now and I can say this update has left quite a bit to he desired, especially as it was slated as a stability update 🤔 seems way more unstable than 1.10 in regards to bugs. played on EU 2074 FP server last night and everything just froze apart from our characters which could still run around but couldn't access our inventories or select weapons in our item wheel, stamina was also non regenerative so I had to log out and when I tried to log back in I couldn't for at least 10 minutes and the server disappeared (it wasn't due to a restart) tried 3 cars too and they instantly turned into rocket ships. and that's just a few of the things I experienced, there is more. 1.10 was more stable than 1.11 so I'm not sure why 1.11 was labelled a "stability update" maybe it will just take a few days for things to settle in and the update to make itself at home lol idk 🤷‍♂️🤣

@rackinglad27  oh, I did not experience it so bad on PC, though as I say the performance was bad. I can only imagine that on PS4 HW everything is amplified. This game IMO should not be on this console gen as it can be really demanding. 

Edited by William Sternritter