SDS Juggernaut

2nd time a car glitch has gotten me killed.

Why are cars so glitched? Do they not test stuff before they release it? For example i got killed for driving a car off the edge of the map. My guy died instantly. Today i tried to get in a car with a tree growing through it and again i died instantly. I play on official there are no admin to help me recover my things when i die to bugs. By the time i get back to where i died my body will have despawned and i will have lost everything.

• Like 2

The vehicles definitely have issues but in the scenarios you describe, I'd say you tempted fate and lost.  I would have left the car stuck in the tree and not drove off the map.  .....personally.

Having said that, there are plenty of instances this game will kill you with glitches under what should be normal circumstances.  .....like the times when your car may flip up in the air unexpectedly, clip through the map, freeze and then crash, etc.  With the introduction of the new update, we've consistently had troubles with vehicles "flipping out" while removing or adding wheels to them.  ......especially the trucks. 

I have almost died twice being hit.  I already died once in an Olga randomly launching into the air and rolling around since the last TU.  Cars have become more unstable it seems.  .....at least for us so we have been sticking to trucks for the most part.

Edited by Kean__1
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, etaab said:

Try on a PS5, cars work fine.

Worth the upgrade imo.

Are you being facetious?  Like many others, if I could find one I would have had one already.  ......but yeah, it's true the game runs way smoother on the new hardware.  Too bad they haven't done what they could to remove the 30FPS cap on the PS.  

1 hour ago, Kean__1 said:

Are you being facetious?  Like many others, if I could find one I would have had one already.  ......but yeah, it's true the game runs way smoother on the new hardware.  Too bad they haven't done what they could to remove the 30FPS cap on the PS.  

I believe they will in time, its all down to money.

Hi, the game works a little better on ps5 but they have the same bugs as on ps4, I hope they solve it but I don't know how much rush they are.
regards

15 hours ago, Kean__1 said:

I'm not being anything, other than factual.

I'm not commenting on the availability of the PS5.

Simply the game works great on the new console and probably the Xbox series X. I'm not sure if Dayz runs in 4k, but it either does or is upscaled so looks much more detailed. I can see someone running from 500m away. Frame rate is rock solid and buttery smooth regardless of it being 30 or 60 fps. Colours are great due to HDR support. Little to zero lag or frame drops when moving in and out scopes etc.

Yes the same bugs are present. Yes sometimes it still crashes. But the main issue of lack of CPU horsepower are all but resolved on PS5.

I'd go as far as to say anyone playing on PS5 has a massive advantage of PS4 players as we're able to move, aim and fire at a more reliable rate than any PS4 player. Cars work perfectly. No lag in large cities. Definitely worth playing on PS5.

6 hours ago, etaab said:

I'm not commenting on the availability of the PS5.

My point was that those of us that want to upgrade probably would have already done it had we been able to get our hands on one.  Others may not be willing or able to afford the purchase just to play avoid some of these issues in DayZ.  I wish I could find on as I've been trying since it released.

20 hours ago, tuco330 said:

Hi, the game works a little better on ps5 but they have the same bugs as on ps4, I hope they solve it but I don't know how much rush they are.
regards

Yeah, the bugs aren't going away but the performance issues are greatly improved or non-existent in some cases when running on the next gen consoles.  I've watched a couple videos where the frame rate rarely fluctuates from 30FPS and when it does, it's negligible.  It's what @etaab describes.  

Car issues for those that I watched had either improved or been essentially resolved.  .....but I wouldn't make any guarantees at this point in that regard.  Most of these issues have proven to be inconsistent among PS4 players as it is.  Personally, I don't have nearly as many issues on PS4 with vehicles as my friends.    I used to, but not anymore.  ....driving in first person though.

DayZ will be one of the first games I'll try out once I get my hands on a PS5.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rackinglad27 said:

I believe they will in time, its all down to money.

IIRC, they mentioned the possibility of releasing a next gen version of DayZ so maybe they'll wait until then to make it more enticing for PS players.  There are ways to optimize it with backward compatibility but like you alluded, they probably aren't motivated at this point to put the money / resources to make that happen.  Seems they did the bare minimum to make sure it would run on PS5.

Yesterday I spent about 6 hours playing on different official servers, I am very happy with the change of the game, not a single failure, no freezing, everything stable, today I will try to prepare a car and I will comment

• Like 2

@Kean__1 - I thoroughly understand your frustration, I went through the same from the console being announced until I eventually got one a month ago.

But my point was just to comment on the positive note of how it transforms the game if not for now, but in the near future for players wishing to keep playing past the PS4.

BTW if you need help getting a console, I can suggest ways in which increase your chances if you haven't done so already. Worked for us, our group of friends have so far managed to get 4 consoles for our group.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, etaab said:

@Kean__1 - I thoroughly understand your frustration, I went through the same from the console being announced until I eventually got one a month ago.

But my point was just to comment on the positive note of how it transforms the game if not for now, but in the near future for players wishing to keep playing past the PS4.

BTW if you need help getting a console, I can suggest ways in which increase your chances if you haven't done so already. Worked for us, our group of friends have so far managed to get 4 consoles for our group.

If you got any ideas, yes.....that would be greatly appreciated.  I've tried a couple tracking apps, etc. but still miss out.  It's literally within seconds sometimes.  

....and yes, fully understand the benefits on the new hardware and limitations of the old in regard to DayZ.  They never really optimized the game to run on PS4 and it struggles to keep up with the demand. Although I didn't buy it for the game, the external SSD I bought helped.  It wasn't long after I discovered the cars worked better for me.