Sign in to follow this  
Bernd1986

-limitFPS=

I'm learning how to set up my own standalone server and discovered the parameter -limitFPS= and tried to use it, but something is wrong. When i dont use it, my server averages at 20 000 fps with no players and uses about 16-17% CPU. But when i use -limitFPS= parameter my server only gets 65 fps with no players and uses 0% CPU and when players join it starts saying that it is struggling to place items and "performance reduced" or something like that. This happens regardless of what value i put after the =, i've tried -limitFPS=1000, -limitFPS=3000, -limitFPS=7000, -limitFPS=25000 - same results, around 65 fps. Ideally i would like to be somewhere in the middle between 20k fps and 16% CPU usage and 65fps and 0% CPU usage when server is idling without players.

Ok so it seems that the fps limiter can only limit fps to no more than 200 or lower. i tried it with 200 value - still got 60fps on an empty server where without fps limit i would get 17000. Maybe i use wrong syntax? i cannot find syntax info for that command anywhere, i just use it like -limitFPS=200 dont know if thats how its supposed to be or not.

You can find a list of most launch parameters and settings on the official documentation page at https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DayZ:Server_Configuration.

`-limitFPS` is capped to max 200. However, it was introduced to reduce load on GSP hosted servers and it is not public what the command does internally. My recommendation would be to never run it on community servers if your goal is to have a somewhat playable experience.

Is there any other way to limit CPU usage by a server? My servers are empty most of the time or have just 1-2 players, yet they load the CPU up to 30% when idling, i'd like to reduce that, but using the apps that limit the CPU usage of certain processes is not an option i guess as i would like my servers to be able to utilize all the available processing power when they actually need it.

I have exactly the same problem. If I use -limitFPS=200 the server run with 65-66FPS maximum. Without the start command 8000FPS. I dont want more then 200, but not only 66. Its a waste of energy. Any way to fix that issue.

Please help!

What is even the point of this website? I've looked through most of the topics on several pages - most go unansvered, what is even the point if developers or at least support guys dont answer? Is there any other place where you can get an answer from a dev or support guy?

9 hours ago, Shift said:

What is even the point of this website? I've looked through most of the topics on several pages - most go unansvered, what is even the point if developers or at least support guys dont answer? Is there any other place where you can get an answer from a dev or support guy?

It is a community discussions forum. And as with any forum like it you can never expect to have an actual representative of the DayZ dev team respond to a post. It does happen occasionally, but not very often.