Sign in to follow this  
drgullen

Aleutian Wasteland

Server Name: Aleutian Wasteland | Namalsk Survival | US West
Server IP:Port: 23.106.223.235:2302
Server Physical Location: West Coast, USA
Server Slots: 30 players

Perspective: 1PP, no crosshair, dark night, no personal light
Server Up Times: Daily 4:00am through Midnight Pacific Time (GMT-8)
Server Periods: Restarts every 2 hours

Server Highlights

• "Non-KoS PVE" encouraged, but no specific rules against PVP
  • Mostly daylight hours during the winter
  • No mods, other than Namalsk itself (Namalsk Island and Namalsk Survival)
  • Starting hydration and energy for freshies changes randomly each day -- just like IRL, some days are easier than others
  • Freshies spawn in different random locations that change every day
  • Several fully-assembled vehicles placed across the map
  • Brown bears could be anywhere, including in Vorkuta
  • Each server period will have different infected numbers -- some periods will have hordes, some may have next to none
  • Forecasted weather in server messages
  • EVR Storms tied to poor weather allowing you to know ahead of time when one might occur
  • A few helicopter crashes, Chernarus-style, placed randomly across the map -- they will all have high-end Tier 4 loot
  • A surprise or two (one good, one potentially deadly) waiting for you in the railway tunnel
  • Holiday gift boxes hiding in plain sight around the map for the rest of 2020

Aleutian Wasteland...come and survive with us...if you can!

Discord:https://discord.gg/scjnsuwTpC

Edited by drgullen
Updated Discord link

I just joined your Discord.  I will pop on and check it out.  It sounds like a blast.  I am really curious to see how the spawning and zombie dynamic is going to work.  Looks interesting.

• Beans 1

To anyone clicks on the Aleutian Wasteland topic to see what's what, give it a try.  drgullen has the server set up pretty cool.  The way it's set up, it totally throws you out of your normal "routine".  Usually, after I spawn, just like everyone else, I run to Vorkuta, then go east.  Well, I spawned in just outside Vorkuta, and a bear was not 50 yards away.  Had to slowly sneak out and bypass Vorkuta altogether.  Took me completely out of my element.  

• Beans 1

I've made a few subtle changes to the server, so come check it out:

• I am following the real date, so we're now into the even colder January Namalsk temperatures
  • I added a few of DeanosBeano's terrific invisible bloodsuckers -- only a handful of them across the map -- they could be anywhere
  • Specific Tier 4 loot now spawns exclusively at either the submarine or the Bering Outpost, making both worth the trip across the ice
  • The drybags in boats along all shores have a chance at containing food, so traveling anywhere on the map should be possible without necessarily starving to death

While I am trying to keep the server with very few mods, I am open to suggestions as to what to add, so if you have checked out the server and have some feedback, please consider joining our Discord and providing your experiences and ideas for future changes.  Cheers.

Discord: https://discord.gg/scjnsuwTpC