Thundermight

Storage bug (Oficial servers)

I had created an topic about that before, but i'm not sure i was clear enough.
 i'm not sure you realize how serious this matter is.
 I can't store anything, every single item i store on barrels wooden crates, tents, cars or even structures goes back as they were before christmas update.
 Just to exemplify, i dropped a few stupid loot, like clothes, rags and raw meat inside a barrel that had an m4 and NVG. After it reset, the meat, rags and clothes had gone missing, but M4 and NVG was not, and i was looking at them until server restarted.
 It means that no matter how many loot i store, once server resets it is gone, making it unplayble.
This happened on a few other oficial server, as we got reports from a community group on facebook.

Edit: I just forgot to ask. Had this happened with anyone else? On oficial servers.  I've got reports from a few othe people, but that only on brazilian servers (all of them)

Edited by Thundermight
  • Confused 1

Are they dupped items? Because I know if the item server for a shard detects duplicated items it will remove them, possibly restart your toon or ban you.

You might try commiting suicide and starting again to see if it persists, because I only play on official servers and I have seen or heard of any problem such as this- which is concerning me to think you are dupping items

Delete the m4 and the NVG googles, let them despawn and try again, I have a feeling you may have gotten these items from a dead player that may have dupped them. 

Edited by Exxoduss

Dude, you still have no idea on what the fuck are you talking about. So i'll try to explain to you one more time, ok?
 When i say that i can't store, i mean everything (literally) because it goes away when it reset. Everything that is attached to that server, somehow goes back to as it was before that patch, EVERYTHING. It's not linked to my character either, all friends said that they have same issues, people from other 2 brazilian server also reported same issue.
 i'll something without any technical knowledge, but it looks like serverfiles got corrupted and can't save new data recorded. After every time that server restarts it can't load a proper file and instead it loads a backup file.
 Just for the record, this issue has been reported from all 3 brazilian servers.

Also to @Exxoduss i'm not liking  your tone, trying to emply that i'm somehow cheating or abusing this. But i'll tell you this, thats the other way around, many people learned about that and we are desperately asking for a fix before malicious players learn of it and broke server economy. 
 I really appreciate that your trying to help, but if the discussion goes in that way i'm out.

I already told you what to do- throw the m4 and the nvg out and let them despawn- problem fixed

ahem I appologize, I dint mean to be rash, but afer a while items become less and less and the value of the game becomes more asnd more

Edited by Exxoduss

You still didn't understand what is happening here...
 I suggest you to take your time, and read what i've written before.
 Throwing whatever you want me to will not help at all.

I play on Brazilian public server and i can confirm. Everything is rolling back to Xmas update after EACH reset. That means you can dupe everything that was in a storage that day (Xmas Update). Anything you build or store will not be saved after each reset.

Servers BR4-001, BR4-002 and BR4-003.

Edited by zANNATTI

Unfortunately, I think the Dayz Dev Team went on there holiday break... You might be waiting till after new years day. 😞 

but of course Im known to be wrong! ALOT

I get ya- So if someone wanted, they could take the M4 bring it to another server, bury it, comeback to the official server, re-acquire it and repeat till he had a bunch of them? or is it the entire shard effected no matter where it is placed it just vanishes and returns to the crate? what happens if you keep the items on your person?  Yeah That could be a bad thing.... If Thundermight came in here with a different demeanor he might have had more applicable response... he sounded like a spoiled brat cheater that lost his candy... no offence.

After each reset, everythink you took out of the crates backup to the Xmas update date. That means you can hold 2 big bags of 90 slots of M4`s, or you can bury it on another public server, unless brazilian.  It wont desapear, answering your question.

Edited by zANNATTI

8 minutes ago, Exxoduss said:

I get ya- So if someone wanted, they could take the M4 bring it to another server, bury it, comeback to the official server, re-acquire it and repeat till he had a bunch of them? or is it the entire shard effected no matter where it is placed it just vanishes and returns to the crate? what happens if you keep the items on your person?  Yeah That could be a bad thing.... If Thundermight came in here with a different demeanor he might have had more applicable response... he sounded like a spoiled brat cheater that lost his candy... no offence.

You came here as a xenophobic guys emplying that i was somehow exploiting a glitch and implicitly called me a lootwhore, and still you keep your offenses... So i strongly suggest you to stop your comments about me and focus on the problem itself, ok? 
 Now to the problem. That is the case, we've tested it. As much as brazilian servers looks like they are "frozen in time" you can still take stuff from there and transfer to another server, you can make it so that those 3 servers become a loot factory for the hive.
 It might be something with local database. I'm trying a direct approach at host via their support, but i'm quite sure they will only take action if someone from bohemia ask. 
Even so, that now we might have another problem, since quite alot of people are aware of it already, because of that, for those 3 servers economy is (probably) broken by now.

To my limited experience, but I have owned 3 dayz servers before... there is a file on the servers themselves, this file acts as sort of a backup. after the server reboots it reads this file to determine all the current locations of stuff, players stuff, cars etc... It sounds to me that this file has become "write protected or read only" which would explain the problem. @Uncle Zed Would know more than I

24 minutes ago, Thundermight said:

Even so, that now we might have another problem, since quite alot of people are aware of it already, because of that, for those 3 servers economy is (probably) broken by now.

OR IT WAS "THEM" THAT DID IT!!!   MUWAHAHAH    (I dunno) ROFL...  In anycase- thundermight, when there is a place full of people that just are here to just help. It is a rather bad idea to make an enterance cussing and throwing demands... Lesson learned.

I know I learned that lesson the hard way.

But you are probably more superior to me in all fields of life, beings I live in poverty, most likely, so that may give you the authority to do so. but I am not the only one here, and Being as such I am I will stick my neck out to get it cut off if I feel someone is being unjust. thats just my nature by lifes position.

Edited by Exxoduss

1 minute ago, Exxoduss said:

OR IT WAS "THEM" THAT DID IT!!!   MUWAHAHAH    (I dunno) ROFL...  In anycase- thundermight, when there is a place full of people that just are here to just help. It is a rather bad idea to make an enterance cussing and throwing demands... Lesson learned.

That actually might be true...
 Do you have any information about how are oficial server managed?? Who is responsible for it?

I will stop here as I am just digging myself into a deeper hole and I do not know that information, but I do know how to get that information... you take the server IP and put it into google, do a little searching as who owns it and other google analytics will eventualy come up with an actual phone number you cal call to a website of the company that hosts the server or has the physical machines present, to maybe even a email address to send inquerries to.

But they will prolly tell you that they rent out the server and they may or wont have access to touch a single thing on it as complaince to the rental or ownership agreement, so more then likely, you will have to wait for an actual Dayz team member to do this. There is a reason that the armed gaurd to datacenters carry M-16's

4 minutes ago, Exxoduss said:

I will stop here as I am just digging myself into a deeper hole and I do not know that information, but I do know how to get that information... you take the server IP and put it into google, do a little searching as who owns it and other google analytics will eventualy come up with an actual phone number you cal call to a website of the company that hosts the server or has the physical machines present, to maybe even a email address to send inquerries to.

I just did that, fortunately enough host name is on server description, but i don't know if they will answer me or just bohemia. Anyway, now everyone that should is aware of it. I hope they fix it soon, before this issue starts to affect other servers.

If someone actualy "hacked" the server to change or to cause this problem. yeah It should be worked out sooner then later.

more then likely It was the 1.10 update...

Edited by Exxoduss

Look at the bright side--- If the food and starvation keeps going the way it is, they could have 10 M-4's and they still will die. HAHAHAHA

Thats the beautiful part about dayz- Its not a question of "IF" you will die, its a question of "WHEN" you will die.

Speaking of which- I think I will smoke a bowl (because I live in Colorado & can do that) and see if I can find some more food in game.

Edited by Exxoduss

B27D8EE6055230F2ECFB6A3D684462A1B2835D85

Edited by Exxoduss
DayZ Has the most Terrific scenery!

The Brazilian official servers br 001 002 003 have a very serious problem, the problem started when you added the Christmas gifts, everything you put in the boxes or if you do some basic construction disappears when the server closes, and goes back to the day when started the problem (after the Christmas update) the problem on the official servers. Please FIXXXX