Correspondente

Help with detaching gas stove from cooking pot

Hi all, I was trying to use my cooking pot + gas stove + gas canister for the first time but I am clueless on how to actually detach the gas stove from my cooking pot. They are currently connected with each other and from what it seems, at this state I cannot fill the cooking pot with water (the item itself gets named with gas stove). I am able to combine and detach the gas canister from the combination of cooking pot + gas stove normally though. What am I missing here so that I can disconnect the gas stove from the cooking pot? 

6 hours ago, Correspondente said:

Hi all, I was trying to use my cooking pot + gas stove + gas canister for the first time but I am clueless on how to actually detach the gas stove from my cooking pot. They are currently connected with each other and from what it seems, at this state I cannot fill the cooking pot with water (the item itself gets named with gas stove). I am able to combine and detach the gas canister from the combination of cooking pot + gas stove normally though. What am I missing here so that I can disconnect the gas stove from the cooking pot? 

Hmm not sure what the issue is. I just select the actual pot itself and press X to send it to my inventory. As long as you have 12 slots available it should just go across

9 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Hmm not sure what the issue is. I just select the actual pot itself and press X to send it to my inventory. As long as you have 12 slots available it should just go across

Ah I was being dumb. The thing is that I was trying to move the stove out of the combination but it has to be the other way around. Just need to move the cooking pot back to my inventory. Now I have all items already split.

• Like 1

I tried cooking on the gas stove for the first time yesterday with a pot. I can add two bits of info I didn't see anywhere else: I was making chicken and it went from raw to burnt, skipping the baked stage. I think you need to use a frying pan for that. I did read that the pot always needs water, although that sounded counterintuitive for chicken -unless you're making chicken tomato soup or something. The second thing I noticed was that the pot, after cooking, is still hot (100 degrees C). When you place it in your inventory, it will provide you with residual heat for a while, keeping your temperature to go into blue. The hot pot in your inventory does not give you a '+' buff warming up in front of a fireplace gives.

1 hour ago, TayAI said:

I tried cooking on the gas stove for the first time yesterday with a pot. I can add two bits of info I didn't see anywhere else: I was making chicken and it went from raw to burnt, skipping the baked stage. I think you need to use a frying pan for that. I did read that the pot always needs water, although that sounded counterintuitive for chicken -unless you're making chicken tomato soup or something. The second thing I noticed was that the pot, after cooking, is still hot (100 degrees C). When you place it in your inventory, it will provide you with residual heat for a while, keeping your temperature to go into blue. The hot pot in your inventory does not give you a '+' buff warming up in front of a fireplace gives.

You need to cook meat with fat. You can boil it of course but this yields slightly less nutrician. The big fires in houses are the best as you can cook two meat and smoke four more at the same time without the need for pans or fat. Also, no washing up afterwards! 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy

yep,

i`m a stealth survivor and i try to live either with cooking pots to survive, i create minimal waste, if ever. these cooking pots are the best thing since sliced bread. no waste and i can kill a goat and almost cook it in 2 sessions. its an absolute must, on high pop servers it helps alot. but on low pop servers you might get away with a campfire or house oven. 

i make sure i fill it with water, i do loose water and some nutrition but its worth it being stealth, 

i drop the cooking system from my inventry, then select the cooking pot on the floor to hands.

boiling water saves on water prirification tabs too. i`ve not drunk from a well for months.