Paladyn

Role playing

Hi guys!

Do you know any Day Z - Role playing server?

I wish. Role playing online is dead.

This is just a slow motion shooter for people too old and slow at reacting to play real fps games.

But i don`t care much about gear. I just like to play with people who make their characters more "living". Trade, talking, maybe even small community markets (village on server - Fallout style). I think in such "bad" days people gather not try to be alone (even only from fear).

This is just a slow motion shooter for people too old and slow at reacting to play real fps games.

You clearly are so old your balls must be bouncing off your knees.

4/10 for making me respond.

Role-playing is dependent on the people you're playing with.

Hi guys!

Just for this post alone I feel the need to shoot you in the face and take yer shit.. There's a reason why most dont RP anymore. BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING STUPID. IM 46YRS OLD AND IT WAS STUPID BACK IN THE DAY AND ITS STILL JUST AS STUPID NOW!! There, I feel better, sorry if I offended.

Don't think we'll be seeing these, considering the game already adds a good element of RPing by itself. However, the logical reaction to an apocalypse tends to be looking for other survivors, basic human nature. The means for survival in the current environment are not scarce enough to justify thoughtlessly shooting another human. If you're making your character's actions out to be as realistic and plausible as possible within the game context, RP servers should, in theory, be a lot more friendly.

In a way, DayZ's mechanics make it a role playing experience without you having to get into a certain character. I have never felt more in-touch or invested in every decision I make than in Day Z.

Why do you need a character? This is you, your decisions, your life and death hanging by a thread.

A bandit came into the same room as I was in Churno. He didn't say anything, he had his gun in my face and mine was in his. I shouted in to the mic: "We don't have to do this". He opened fire and I gunned him down first.

My heart was racing. It wasn't all tactics and maneuvers, it was gritty realism and a decision to shoot or not.

That is comparable if not better than any RP experience I've had in a game or as a former admin of an RP site.

A bandit came into the same room as I was in Churno. He didn't say anything' date=' he had his gun in my face and mine was in his. I shouted in to the mic: "We don't have to do this". He opened fire and I gunned him down first.

[/quote']

+1

This sounds like something straight out of a movie...epic, wish I could've seen it :)

To the OP, you're not likely to stumble upon what it seems you're looking for by checking out servers...you're better off trying to look for a group here on the forums, setting up communications via Skype/Vent/TS/etc., and then logging in and trying to spam spawn until you're near each other...at least I think that's the best way to accomplish what I think you're after.

Disgraced, that was a very troll-like way to put it but yes I kind of agree with you

Officious, I see why you didn't like his post but nothing he said in it indicated age whatsoever...in fact I would come to the assumption that he was a younger player not an older player.

Fishmitts, You're entitled to play the game how you see fit but not everyone who plays would agree with you. In fact, some would say the OPs question is not as stupid as a 46 year-old grown man screaming in CAPS LOCK at some random stranger on a video game forum...I'm sorry but I always wonder why people take the time to enter these kinds of posts...it's not constructive nor does it have any relevance in progressing any sort of rational dialogue in the thread.

I'll assume that was tongue in cheek because we both know that's not true. :rolleyes:

DayZ is the purest rp game I have played in a long time.

It's one of those games that makes you forget you are playing a game.

If I want fast I'll go play some counterstrike and I can still make some mean headshots even though my teens als long behind me. :D

I'll assume that was tongue in cheek because we both know that's not true. :rolleyes:

DayZ is the purest rp game I have played in a long time.

It's one of those games that makes you forget you are playing a game.

If I want fast I'll go play some counterstrike and I can still make some mean headshots even though my teens als long behind me. :D

Alas, it is only partially tongue in cheek.

This game used to have a lot of player interaction.

I am now playing the role of the guy in the woods who avoids all other human contact because no one tries to talk to me, except with flying lead.

The potential is the, but no one wants to take it, these days.

I'm not pushing for anything to force role playing, and I agree, this game is very immersive despite the bugs. I actually enjoy just trekking from place to place....

But the other people on the server with me don't rp anything except murderousness.

People are very paranoid indeed and I am also playing the game as a hermit most of the time as you describe so that is about the extent of my rp when I'm not playing with friends.

I'm not new to ARMA but new to Dayz and I understand that there was a lot more co-op going earlier on so I can see why you would be a bit cynical about it.

I made this thread because I haven`t meet anyone playing in RP style yet. It`s always shoot on sight without even talking (probably even without reason - this what i feel when someone don`t bother to check my gear). I`m playing only few days, but i don`t like to play this game like another (but "slower") fps.

Probably i`ll try Disgraced way of playing - avoid all human contact.

Every server is a role-playing server.

Some people role-play murderers. That's fair. It's still role play :P

Best way to get away from the shoot-on-sight gameplay is to find a community, like a clan/arma-group in your timezone, and join their forum / voice-chat / etc, and then play with them.

When trying to meet up with random players, I find it's much easier when my characters are young and have no gear -- meeting other noobs on the beaches is usually safe (and fairly risk-free, because you've got no good gear to lose yet).

I've had some great experiences dying with other groups of noobs near the coast, as we all tentatively try to trust each other.

When meeting people inland, they're probably scared shitless of losing their gear, and would rather defend themselves from the imagined threat than risk talking to you. When I see people inland (when I'm all geared up), I'll usually just fire warning shots near them, then run the F away!!

Hi guys!

Just for this post alone I feel the need to shoot you in the face and take yer shit.. There's a reason why most dont RP anymore. BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING STUPID. IM 46YRS OLD AND IT WAS STUPID BACK IN THE DAY AND ITS STILL JUST AS STUPID NOW!! There' date=' I feel better, sorry if I offended.

[/quote']

So, if you don't personally like something it is 'fucking stupid'? Wow, you must be a really swell guy. I would like to hang with you and play Twister. Then you could also tell me which food to like, which books to read and which clothes to wear.

RP is sadly impossible because of the mentaly handycapped majority of people playing a mod that was going to be a realistic aproach to a zombie apocalypse, like Quake3 arena.

The game is in itself a full and rewarding RP experience: the longer you survive, the most immersive it is... of course it would be better if there were some way to restrict a bit the PvP attitude and allow more trading. ATM it's a very paranoid world, where people shoot first and ask question later... so your best bet if you like RP, is just to try to survive on your own (hunting, looting expertise and avoiding people i.e as much as possible, try to choose not too populated servers, it's a BIG map, and most people are usually near the coasts. Be careful about the traps... some people just like to kill other people and have MANY ways to do it!

My ID name is Nicolas in the game, I will NEVER shoot first on someone nor trying to kill for steal, it's my way of playing this game... ATM I'm a very rare kind unfortunately.

The game itself is a Role to Play. and how to survive it and meeting hostiles or friends is Role playing enough to Survive

No way RP would work in Dayz(Actual Role play not surviving)... I mean how are you going to in force it? Most servers have no way of Identify the other person. No one is willing to do that type of thing when you can just say screw it and shoot the other person in the face with out any remorse.

Its hard because the rules make the servers open, which means any old douche can play.

I really hope the dev eases up on the private server thing eventually. You know that old saying if you make something idiot proof, they'll just make a better idiot.

To try and stop the tidal wave with your hand is kind of futile.

Sorry that is rather Zen I suppose.

It's too bad because this game would do well with some RP servers. I feel like a lot of that went away when they took out the bandit skins. The game went from survivors and bandits to bandits and bandits. Try the 3DPoff servers. They tend to attract a slightly different crowd. Regardless, no one is stopping you from RPing. There's that one dude who is playing a medic - Dr. Wasteland, MD. You might also check in the survivor or bandit HQ forums. I know there are some groups that seem to be doing a theme, which is basically all RPing is.

Why do you people think that every other person has to be role playing in order to role play yourself. I role play my character to a certain extent. But when someone out of no where for no reason tries to shoot me the role player in me just thinks it's some poor sod who has lost his mind due to the apocalypse and is now so afraid he shoots at everything on sight.

Role play is limited by your imagination, not limited by how others play the game.

Today I found a lada's car lost in the forest... probably hidden here by a player, took it for a ride but the thing was too slow and was nearly out of gas! I tried to run over some zeds, it didn't work and I had a hard time to get rid of a bunch in this super slow car... after awhile, I succeded, still going on north... then I found a bicycle! What a ride, much quicker than the previous car and a perfect way to travel faster... then I came in this little village north of Staroye... business as usual, wait, observe, sneak in... until the fatal error of being a tad too greedy, this last house... long story short, I was killed by 2 zeds after nearly 2 hours of playing time.... what a day in dayZ! I had nearly everything to survive easily (axe, cantina, hand gun, knife, matches, some meat freshly gutted from a wild boar, plenty of medical supplies...)... and this poor ending... but still it was a great roleplaying adventure! everytime it's different and everytime, the more you survive the more it is a true roleplaying experience like I did'nt experience for a long time (constant sense of danger, HUGE paranoid open world, and very realistic gameplay)