James Adam Rimmer

Ddos attack

So Iv encountered something today Iv never delt with before, I lost internet for a half hour. After contacting my ISP, I have been the victim of a DDOS attack. The funny part is, some guy was blameing me for raiding his base. And then to double down on it, the guy who claimed to do it said he had my phone information. The weird thing about that is my phone is a flip phone, in my car???

What the heck is going on? Isn't there any form of security in this game? How do I report this?

19 hours ago, VodkaFish said:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1030

Do you live in the US?  DDOS attacks are a crime.

I do, but ATT said they would take care of it.....man, Im out. fucking breaking laws over this dumb game? Im not willing to deal with a stupid SWAT prank like they did back in the call of duty days. I mean I got kids n shit to think of.

Edited by James Adam Rimmer

A true DDOS attack is rare. It is a very expensive and costly operation to perform. It is used in cooperate sabotage. and the penalty by law is VERY SEVERE. A true DDOS is when say- a popular application has released an update- say - CCleaner. and that update is passed through various websites like c-net and filedownload etc.. when some entity is attempting to ddos they will intercept one of these updates (has to be a popular application in the tens of thousands of downloads) and places onto that update a Virus (ddos) that sits on your system and does virtualy nothing. until the creator(s) of the ddos software activate it via the internet by some un-used port all accross the internet depicting a certain URL to flood.  When you have 100,000 's of computers flooding a certain direct URL it will render it useless if not knock the complete DNS pathway down to the address. The unsuspecting flooders (the people that installed the ccleaner update) that whos system attacks the unknown URL systems will act as if Windows is performing a virus scan or an update or anything rather but extremly taxing to your systems performance while online. You will have no idea that you are contributing to an attack on another internet server or even a data center. the ramifications of getting caught creating and implimenting a DDOS is roughly 20 years in prison and a lifetime restraining order on him versus any electronic equipment or telecommunications hardware, Punitive damages and fines ranging into the hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not national security issues and even charges as attempting to collapse a nations economy or scientific research educational centers. To hire someone to perform a DDOS attack would be in the range of $500,000.

If someone ever tells you they are gonna DDOS you,they have absolutly no flipping idea what they are talking about and about 80% of the time you have nothing to worry about. but I want to make sure you understand that there are plenty of promgrams and websites that offer these services at a miminal effect, and you should always take a hacking threat from someone seriously. most of the time they are just spoiled kids with access to there daddies script kitty stash, but not always.

To blame the game for something like that is non-sence. if that person got access to your wifi or home network, you have no one to blame but your self and lack of education therof. I dont mean to be mean but its true.

tumblr_inline_mocmirmhCa1rlpk9c.gif

For real tho, lost internet, got a message via phone, its all rather unique and happened at a very convenient time.....as for the game itself, there is more reason behind it, but with the circumstances, fuck it. Im out.

Edited by James Adam Rimmer

It is afterall-- Just a game.

Some people take it a step further and act is if there gonna win some malaculant prize in the end or join some fraternity in college if they get a good score

But in the end you can take comfort in a couple things.

1. You can feel sorry for the player that HAS to play unfairly, a VIDEO GAME. (cmon - He has to be able to get a kill or two in sometime)

2. U can vizualize yourself patting him on the head and congratulations on a job well done, for a false sence of self esteem.

3. Praise him for rookie of the year for actualy getting to the point he is at of cheating without cheating his way there BUT never know though- he might have stolen his mommas credit card to purchase the badly needed help.

4. In the end, try and learn something from it. wether deserved or not. for even if the lesson is to quit playing- it is something you can exclaim you have overcome and had happen to you in conversation. 

All-in-All. The main reason people cheat is because they are not adaptable at playing games... Make me feel sorry for them just posting this, So you got to let them have a win once and a while. Poor people, Just because of that fact alone, keeps me content. and it is Fact. Never know- he might be mentally or physically challenged.  More then not he prolly is just not good at games and wants to fit in the best they can. this means your levels above- without saying a word.